2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Is Shane Pinto playing W or C in Lincoln?

@TT1 you may be my best bet to answer that question.

Haven't seen him play yet but I've been told he's played @ C this year. He's strong on the puck/down low, good skater too. Uses his size well, good off the rush as well. Pretty much all i know about without having seen him play atm.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
According to BM recent mid season rankings... who are you taking in the 15-22 range?

I'll bend the list up a bit.

Turcotte
York
M Robertson
Soderstrom
Caufield
Newhook
Harley
Heinola
McMichael
Lassi Thomson

If we can't get: Turcotte, McMichael or Newhook. I'd like Robertson or Harley.

Then to nab either Bjornfot or Thomson with Teply, Guskov or Gutik in the second would make me happy

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal

Turcotte
York
M Robertson
Soderstrom
Caufield
Newhook
Harley
Heinola
McMichael
Lassi Thomson

Then to nab either Bjornfot or Thomson with Teply, Guskov or Gutik in the second would make me happy
The bolded + York and Heinola is wishlist if were mid 1st round. Although I don't think Turcotte is lasting past the top 10.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Turcotte
York
M Robertson
Soderstrom
Caufield
Newhook
Harley
Heinola
McMichael
Lassi Thomson

Awesome. I can't wait to see how this unfolds and the pick we end up getting. Hope we can hit with the pick we get. I was thinking Robertson but I admit, I need to do more homework.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Connor mcmichael
Alex Newhook
Matthew Robertson
Thomas Harley
Nick robertson
Mortiz Seider
Vic Soderstrom
Cam York
Ville Heinola
Pavel Dorofeyev
Maxim Cajkovic

In that order I'm assuming? I was thinking Robertson but not sure. If Lavoie slips, do you take him? I'm a huge Mooseheads fan but just not sure on his at this point. I don't think he is a sniper but he does have a good shot and he is a strong boy. Skating is so so.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In that order I'm assuming? I was thinking Robertson but not sure. If Lavoie slips, do you take him? I'm a huge Mooseheads fan but just not sure on his at this point. I don't think he is a sniper but he does have a good shot and he is a strong boy. Skating is so so.
Yes, in order, no I dont pick Lavoie, I already why over this.

newdimension

May 18, 2013
I'd honestly be surprised if we picked Lavoie because, as of late, they don't seem to be interested in drafting from the Q for the first round. As of right now, I'd think our pick would be one of these names: Connor McMichael, Cam York, Matthew Robertson, Ville Heinola, Alex Newhook, Thomas Harley, Nick Robertson, Ryan Johnson, Philip Tomasino, Brett Leason or Cole Caufield.

(Also my order of preferability. :P)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Turcotte's lighting up NCAA competition right now. I'd be really surprised he goes past 10, let alone 15 if he keeps up.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Turcotte's lighting up NCAA competition right now. I'd be really surprised he goes past 10, let alone 15 if he keeps up.

Apparently Caufield scored 7 goals in 6 games against NCAA competition when Hughes was away? Were those against Arizona or Alaska Fairbanks?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It's very likely he doesn't last. I'm just not gonna put definitives on anything. Even last year I couldn't imagine Ty Smith falling as far as he did.

And I didn't see Hayton or Dellandrea going as high as they did.

He's not a 'realistic' target for us at this point. That's a certainty.

Reactions: G0bias

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Last year, we were all surprised by the number of centermen taken in the first round and seemed "reached" too. Kotka, Hayton, Dellandrea, Foudy, O'Brien, Kupari, Lunderstrom, etc. Most were labeled as 2nd rounders or late 1st round. Not even talking about 1st or 2nd rounders but the fact that they were mostly picked ahead of what the "consensus" and draft rankings (outside of NHL teams own rankings).

I think a guy like Alex Turcotte and Alex Newhook won't be falling that much. If anything, they might just all go very early too. Teams are drooling over centermen.

Reactions: Garnet76

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I'd be lying if I said his manlet-ness didn't bother me a little. Which usually comes with the ole "we can always flip them for needs BRO!" ...but when has that ever happened?

That being said, him stepping up against bigger, stronger, faster competition is a good sign as far as showing his game could translate.

Last edited:
Reactions: philipsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad