2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If we can just sneak into the playoffs we can root for a run and not have it hurt our pick. And I think in this draft you can find a great player in the mid/late teens.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I dont know. Whats so different there? Both are unlikely to be top pair Ds from their numbers and from their skill set. Dobson is another one.

This kind of pick has value for some teams, but not for the Habs.
I was never too impressed with Juolevi.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Every time I see Byram I'm just like

Yeah but that's how you were when you were 16. I dunno if he's plateaud or not and I don't wanna have to make that call.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like Chychrun, but that doesn't help your case much, he's not a top pair D, and he might never be.

Where Chychrun went is actually where I think Byram because good value.

Same as Dobson, too.
If injuries didn't hold him back, I think he has a real shot at becoming one. Chychrun is a steal at 16. That's not only "good value" it's just a steal.

Reactions: Vachon23

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I guess its true, but that 2016 draft does look pretty bad in depth.
Also hes only 20 years old. He can definitely become that top pairing dman. If Byram is available at around 15th and we are up, I think it would be stupid not to take him(unless someone else is stupidly falling). I like Byram more than Chychrun too.

Reactions: Vachon23

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Also hes only 20 years old. He can definitely become that top pairing dman. If Byram is available at around 15th and we are up, I think it would be stupid not to take him(unless someone else is stupidly falling). I like Byram more than Chychrun too.
Most likely, yeah, I just don't see him worthy of a top 10 selection, much like WTK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->