2019 Entry Draft Thread (HF Draft Discord server, post #652)

Who are we finally drafting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Broberg will definitely be picked top 10. If he's available, of course we need to take him.
If not, Cam York.
I'd pick one or two goalies in round 2/3.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Personally do not feel informed enough to make a credible vote...

But this is a great thread!

It will be interesting to read through it again after the 1st round is done.

ZiggyP

Feb 8, 2019
I haven’t seen enough of him to have an informed opinion, but this makes him sounds a lot like Mete...?

This is EXACTLY my thoughts. Another Victor Mete (although, maybe a better one). With Mete and Romanov on the left side I just don't see any need for a player like York. We have guys like that coming along. We need a guy with a big frame that can move the puck and control the play.

We'd be better of going with Broberg, Harley, or Robertson on the left side, or Seider and Thomson on the right.

Reactions: Frank JT

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Harley or Tomasino
*And no Kaliyev or Lavoie.

Survive the 15th and hope we nail 46 + 50 or get creative.

Tomasino's calm/cool puck-handling / playmaking through traffic is impressive.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Not a fan of drafting D in the first round. We don’t have all the info They have but it seem that after 12th there is a drop off and option start to vary if no one drop I think we should trade down and grab a extra 2nd.
I going to go off the board and say that our pick will be Bobby Orr Brink

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not a fan of drafting D in the first round. We don’t have all the info They have but it seem that after 12th there is a drop off and option start to vary if no one drop I think we should trade down and grab a extra 2nd.
If we get enough for moving down i would be ok with this but from what has been said it seems like in a trade down scenario their target will be thompson.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I think I saw one highlight of Brink and fell in love. I'd rather him than a middling D man because of 'needs'. Yeah Mrb1p I think had a good point about Ds in the first round.

Our biggest need isn't LD, it's gamebreaking talent. York has no chance of being that. Get someone who can be that. TT's triple talk is kind of scaring me. You have to take a gamble here. I'd rather Thomson personally even if we don't trade down.

Reactions: habsfan891

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Harley all day.

Still not sure where all the York love comes from. I wouldn't touch alot of those USDP players. The team absolutely RAN OVER the competition this year. Everyone pit up big points, it's like playing on Tampa. In 10 years everyone is going to look back and see that too many of those guys were taken too high. York will be one of those.

Harley is extremely young. If he was to play 2 more seasons in CHL (possibly 2 World Jr. too), and even a season in AHL, he would only be 20 by the end of it all, in April 2020. That's a ton of time to to refine his game. He's going to be a Chabot-esque steal.

Although, Broberg would still be a nice pick. If somehow Newhook, or Krebs (do to injury), falls in the draft then they would be huge picks too. Wouldn't be against Seider either.

For me it's no York, Lavoie, Soderstrom, Kaliyev, or Suzuki. If it's anyone else then I think we will be okay.
Also, if we decide to pick Laasi Thomson then I would like Bergevin to try and trade down into the 20s.
Why rip on the usndp players ? Hughes, turcotte, zegras, boldy and caufield deserve all the credit they have gotten. All real good players but york imo fed off those players. He is the only one i wouldn't touch

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Not informed enough of individual prospects but I suspect MB will go with need and pick a D. Of course it’s possible that BPA (a subjective notion) will be a D anyway.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not informed enough of individual prospects but I suspect MB will go with need and pick a D. Of course it’s possible that BPA (a subjective notion) will be a D anyway.
From what I have read picks 10-20 are mostly quality D prospects. Most picks in the top 10 are forwards.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Broberg will definitely be picked top 10. If he's available, of course we need to take him.
If not, Cam York.
I'd pick one or two goalies in round 2/3.
Why are you drafting goalies? We have Price and Primeau is looking incredible, we will probably have to trade him in 4-5 years. Plus we have McNiven and Lindgren. We should be drafting the BPA in rounds 2/3.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
People have legitimate concerns that his offence comes from the ridiculously overpowered offence he played with and that he's never shown any brilliance merely the safe plays.
I see. So who do you think is our best option realistically? We are going Left Defenseman right?

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I see. So who do you think is our best option realistically? We are going Left Defenseman right?
If it must be left D and broberg doesn't fall then it'll be Heniola or Harley but personally if he's there and we have to take a d I"d pick Seider regardless of the fact he's right d he has everything skills size and IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad