2019 Entry Draft Thread (HF Draft Discord server, post #652)

Who are we finally drafting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Broberg also inexplicably had 17-0-3-3 in international play last season with the U17. I believe people are putting too much stock on the small sample of the recent U18 tournaments.

That was two seasons ago

I mean they're not inherently bad, but I'm the biggest York fanboy here and I'd still give his skating a 4, whereas defensive play being less than Harley's screams <?> to me
There just isn't any point in even peaking at Button's list. He was ousted from the NHL due to gross incompetence. Button is to scouting as Milbury was to being a GM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Here's some groups I have

Trap prospects (these guys have tools that wow you but there's question marks that if answered mean they become great NHLers but if they aren't, they will bust or be far below projections)
Dylan Cozens
Peyton Krebs
Philip Broberg
Vasili Podkolzin
Cam York
Thomas Harley
Raphael Lavoie

No drafts (guys I just don't draft)
Artur Kaliyev
Ryan Suzuki
Alex Vlasic

Guys with first round grades that I wouldn't pick until the second
Samuel Poulin
Jakob Pelletier

Mostly agree but I would consider taking Poulin with a late first. Not my favourite prospect but I think his floor is pretty high.

1 day until we will stop arguing about hypothetical picks...... and argue about picks actually being made :naughty::sarcasm:

I would argue that we are not arguing at all......civil discussion

Last edited by a moderator:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Simon Boisvert rankings - seems to love Tomasino, Newhook and Krebs more than most while no love for Broberg, Soderstrom and Heinola:

Reactions: WinterLion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes it’s lazy to compare him to one of the best defenders of the 2000s just because they are both LD and around 6’0. Heinola is more like Ryan Ellis without the slapshot than he is Markov.
But they play the same way... meanwhile Harley and Chabot share the same surname.

Marc Bergevin

Nov 2, 2018
Quebec
I compare Harley to a less talented Ristolainen... and There is chances pod or caufield drop to us, I have Caufield going to Minnesota in my mock,its only 3 spots ahead of us, and Florida I see Them taking Pod and Arizona either Newhook or Knight... So yes thats why I put Caufield un the poll..

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
But they play the same way... meanwhile Harley and Chabot share the same surname.

Guess Pierre McGuire, Craig Button, Sam Consentino, Last Word are all wrong. I’m sure there’s more that have made the comparison.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
I would argue that we are not arguing at all......civil discussion

Wasn't meant to be disrespectful or anything. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy those discussions and it helps with prospect evaluation to see different opinions. Was more pointing towards the fact that the draft is now tomorrow, a long time waiting coming to an end.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Pretty sure it will be York. While I lean a bit to Harley because Timmins likes size to go with tools in the 1st round, I feel he’s looking at the steadier player that can play all situations and who will have the time to develop in the NCAA. The “safer” option.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'm most interested to see where Spencer Knight goes tomorrow, if it's in the top-14, that means at least 1 player I really want will drop to our pick. If he is available at 15, I think we have to trade down because at least one team behind us will be desperate for him.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Interesting when Chabot's name is called up. I do recall him having the same concerns back when. The defensive inconsistency is a concern but he only turns 18 in Aug. Some prospects in this draft turned 18 months ago! One thing I would have confidence in is if his defensive game was a major concern, team Canada would of not had him at the U18's.

So his base is Beaulieu and his ceiling is Chabot?

I'm no expert by any means but I think Harleys IQ is better than beaulieu. Harley does play a similar style to chabot so I dont find that a lazy comparison either.. I'm not saying he will be Chabot. Anyone you pick at 15 will have some work to do but I like the upside of Harley. Needs to add some weight and get more consistent in his own zone but I think that will be worked out. His offensive instincts are very good considering he didnt have much to work with on his team. Top 4 upside with a possible top 2 if he develops well. My 2 cents anyway.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
We will end up with Seider, Broberg or Harley... Seider and Broberg I would be ecstatic since I have them ranked at 4 and 6 respectively, Harley I would be a bit less pumped since I think he is a notch below, but still would very happy with the pick at 15 since he is now leading my 2nd tier prospects...

Reactions: phillytennis

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I'm no expert by any means but I think Harleys IQ is better than beaulieu. Harley does play a similar style to chabot so I dont find that a lazy comparison either.. I'm not saying he will be Chabot. Anyone you pick at 15 will have some work to do but I like the upside of Harley. Needs to add some weight and get more consistent in his own zone but I think that will be worked out. His offensive instincts are very good considering he didnt have much to work with on his team. Top 4 upside with a possible top 2 if he develops well. My 2 cents anyway.

Beaulieu can't spell IQ........

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
York or Broberg, please.
I voted Broberg because I feel like he is most likely to be available at 15.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
? he's a 6'3 LHD with a great transition, Dzone defending and one of the best skater of his draft... How doesn't he fit ?

Maybe I'm mistaking who Craig Button was talking about, but I believe he said of Broberg that is he the best skater this draft after Jack Hughes.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
York please.

Reliable all-around mobile defenseman who needs to add weight and muscle on his thin frame. Isn't going to knock attackers down, but with use his high end skating, head, and elite stick-handling to beat you the other way. Very mobile and agile, his footwork can re-position him away from shot blockers and checkers. High IQ and high pace flyer with impressive feet and stick. Lacks size but that is becoming less of an issue if the defenseman can push the pace, pass the puck and get back in his end in a hurry. His shot needs some strength, but he still projects as a future power play QB. He was one of the better US players in the World Junior U-18s. Committed to the University of Michigan.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I haven’t seen enough of him to have an informed opinion, but this makes him sounds a lot like Mete...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad