NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The depth You see on these playoff rosters shows you how far Ottawa has to go to become a legit playoff team.

Goaltending is still a weakness. Forward depth as well, especially on the Wings.

It is going to be a long journey, probably 4 to 5 years, even if the team can draft 4 or 5 top 5 picks in the draft.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Tomansino looked pretty good, the other 2 not so much

From my understanding Pelletier is playing injured. It sounds like he has been dealing with an injury since lat March. I am not sure what the injury is but it could impact his performance.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
In a deep draft, Caulfield doesn't get near the top ten. But in this cohort, he might approach top 5 territory with this U18.

I believe the fluidity from 3 to 10(and possibly even further) is not based on a great talent pool, but due to so many of these guys having red flags. For example, Caulfield being a 5-7 one dimensional sniper. Cozens being a low intensity big man.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Canada's best start to a game yet vs Belarus who are surprising.
Some outstanding passing in the first period 2-0
Rees at it again setup the 2nd goal
Pelletier, Newhook looking good this game

Newhook Cozens Krebs together on a line.. have looked good

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
What’s are the current playoff implications for the CBJ 1RD pick that we own for this year?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What’s are the current playoff implications for the CBJ 1RD pick that we own for this year?
Columbus win next round we pick 28th or later.

A Vegas win and Columbus loss moves our pick up to 18th for sure

Columbus lose and 1 of Colorado/Dallas make the Conference finals we pick 18th

They lose and 2 of Colorado/Vegas and Dallas make the conference finals we pick 17th.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

They lose and 2 of Colorado/Vegas and Dallas make the conference finals we pick 17th.

Go Bruins :laugh:. Lots of Sens fans are going to have a lot of trouble cheering for the Leafs, no matter where that pick might end up.

Edit: The way things have gone for the Sens the past 2 years . I think we can book tickets to watch CBJ in the conference finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens in Process

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

Since I don't think EK is staying in SJ (we wouldn't get any conditionals), GO VEGAS (and Dallas, tbh). What do you think the cost is to move from 17 into the top 10? Think there's a cap deal with Edmonton to be made?

Also I've never wanted Boston to win so badly, cause I can't handle a Leafs vs CBJ 2nd round. On one hand, we can get 18th overall but that would mean the leafs won. On the other, we can watch the leafs lose but that would mean dropping 10 spots in the draft. Boston making the conference finals is whatever to me.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
I wanted the sharks to win because I wanted to believe that EK could dominate and win the Conn Smythe but with his display so far its obvious he can't/won't. Find it hard to wish for Stone winning the Conn Smythe since that would mean Vegas probably wins the cup in their 2nd year whilst we still haven't won in 26 :(

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I wanted the sharks to win because I wanted to believe that EK could dominate and win the Conn Smythe but with his display so far its obvious he can't/won't. Find it hard to wish for Stone winning the Conn Smythe since that would mean Vegas probably wins the cup in their 2nd year whilst we still haven't won in 26 :(

You can clearly see that he came back way too early and is still injured.

Sucks for the Sharks.

Reactions: West Coast Eagles

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1. Would anyone trade Brannstrom and CBJ 1st for 3rd overall? Not sure how Chicago would feel about it but its not terrible for them.
2. Who would you pick at 3rd?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
1. Would anyone trade Brannstrom and CBJ 1st for 3rd overall? Not sure how Chicago would feel about it but its not terrible for them.

I wouldn't. I think if Brannstrom were in this draft he'd be closer to Byram than any of the other D available.

You can certainly make an argument that Byram/Turcotte/Cozens/Podkolzin are better prospects than Brannstrom, but I have a hard time seeing the difference being a top-20 pick.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You know I would & I'd take Cozens to play with Tkachuk & White & Ott would still have Brown, Batherson & Formenton as another future line. Then they still have Norris, two 2nd rders this draft & two more 1st rders in the 2020 draft which could be a lottery pick (Byfield), 3 2nd rders & 2 3rd rders also in the 2020 draft. It's a no brainer IMO.

And on defence they still have Chabot, Wolanin, Lajoie & Harpur & JBD & Jaros on the right side. With the guys they have & the high draft picks they have they could easily fill a lot of positions in the next two or three drafts with some very good players, maybe even potential elite players.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
You know I would & I'd take Cozens to play with Tkachuk & White & Ott would still have Brown, Batherson & Formenton as another future line. Then they still have Norris, two 2nd rders this draft & two more 1st rders in the 2020 draft which could be a lottery pick (Byfield), 3 2nd rders & 2 3rd rders also in the 2020 draft. It's a no brainer IMO.

It's only a no brainer because you feel the way you do about Brannstrom. Not here to debate that viewpoint, as much as to point out it's (likely) not so cut and dry for NHL front offices.

Good point about the quantity of picks though, PD obviously has the ammo to move around if there are guys he values (maybe not into the top-three mind you, which is the point of contention here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad