NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens should grab Ahac before someone else does, I would be happy to get him with Pittsburghs 3rd, or earlier if need be.

He's going to be a steal, kids got everything you want in a D. He should be the #2 out of the BCHL easily imo.

He should be looked a thing with 44th, or a few spots down with a trade back.

I thought we could wait and get him later, but don't see him lasting past the early 3rd at the latest.

Having a really strong playoff ..Their team has a good chance to win the FPCup.

Just 411
Other names in the mid 2nd (44th) to late 3rd or possibly later
Mikko Kokkonen Liiga LD 5'11 190 --> playing for Finland at the U18s
Ronnie Attard USHL RD 6'3 207 20 y/o 30g 34a in 48 games << passed over but great numbers and good size
Henry Thrun USNTDP LD 6'2 190
Antti Tuomisto Jr A Liiga LD 6'3 176 --> playing for Finland at the U18s
Artemi Knyazev QMJHL LD 5'11 176
Marshall Warren USNTDP LD 5'11 170
Samuel Bolduc QMJHL LD 6'4 212
Kaeden Korczak WHL RD 6'3 192 --> Canada U18s
Justin Bergeron QMJHL LD 6'1 181
Case McCarthy USNTDP RD 6'1 194

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
NHL Central Scouting Final rankings released
2019 Draft Prospect Rankings | NHL Draft Prospect Rankings

Lassi Thomson @ 15 is a bit of a surprise on the NA side imo .. good for him

Fins have 3 D in the top 15 on the Euro side all 3 will very likely play in the U18 WC.
4. Heinola
10. Kokkonen
15. Tuomisto

Lavoie dropped from 13 to 20 despite a dominant performance in the Q playoffs
Poulin up a few spots from 27 to 22
Pelletier down from 20 to 27
Tomasino up from 24 to 14

Euro rankings have 7 D in the top 10

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Ronnie Attard USHL RD 6'3 207 20 y/o 30g 34a in 48 games << passed over but great numbers and good size

Never heard of this guy, but the numbers look great. Thanks for sending me into a deep dive on a prospect we probably won't even end up with on this lovely Tuesday morning.

Same team as Isaiah Saville, who looks to be the #8 ranked goalie by CSS. Hopefully our scouts got a look at both these guys, could be interesting mid round picks.

Lassi Thomson @ 15 is a bit of a surprise on the NA side imo .. good for him

He plays the game like a modern age D-man should, imo. He's a + skater, who is a jack of all trades, master of none type. Certainly wouldn't be overly disappointed with him with the Blue Jackets pick, but I think there will be guys still available at that spot with better pure upside. If he slides to #32 I hope PD runs to the podium.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
USA vs Sweeden is playing too on TSN 3. Unfortunately it is at the time, so get your PVRs going.

I think it will add a lot of clarity, getting to watch some of these players.
Agreed. It's super difficult to compare as they all play in different leagues against different competition. Especially with players like Newhook. Could be a stud who I think should be drafted in the top 10, but is getting valued lower because of the BCHL thing. Should be able to see how he compares in this tourney, but that hatty is a good sign.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Having a really strong playoff ..Their team has a good chance to win the FPCup.
They're going to win the RBC cup, can't see Brooks having a chance in the Doyle.

He's going to continue to rise until the Spruce Kings are done, I wouldn't bat an eye if he was taken with a late 1st (don't think he will, but I wouldn't be upset if my team took him there), he's exactly what you want in a D

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Really good stuff on the main prospect board about certain prospects, namely Tomasino and Brink, pointing strengths and weaknesses.

Kudos to whoever Tomasino as an intriguing player:

Her are some interesting stats:
upload_2019-4-18_13-29-38-png.216901

A lot of real notables.

Salva Mea

Apr 4, 2018
cole is gone : :(

case mccartty interesting player.. RHD good D skils - our second round pick..

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Canada beats Finland. Big game in their pool.

Rees, Krebs, Newhook, Tracy, Korczak all impressed me.

Lundell (2020) was Finlands best player

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Didn't see the game yet, but if you had to rank the forward, how would would order them?
I will wait to watch more games to rank anyone on the record :laugh:... the guys I mentioned stood out the most to me in that game. I was interested to see Korczak and I liked what I saw. Certainly not flashy but a solid RD with good size that looks like he has a clue how to defend.. I'd be looking at him in the 2nd.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I will wait to watch more games to rank anyone on the record :laugh:... the guys I mentioned stood out the most to me in that game. I was interested to see Korczak and I liked what I saw. Certainly not flashy but a solid RD with good size that looks like he has a clue how to defend.. I'd be looking at him in the 2nd.
I hear ya. Thanks

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They're going to win the RBC cup, can't see Brooks having a chance in the Doyle.

He's going to continue to rise until the Spruce Kings are done, I wouldn't bat an eye if he was taken with a late 1st (don't think he will, but I wouldn't be upset if my team took him there), he's exactly what you want in a D

Here's a profile on him
Prospect Profile: Layton Ahac - DraftGeek

Brooks hosts the RBC so they're in automatically; Because of that the BCHL winner is in as well. They still play the Doyle.
Ahac is starting to get more attention.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Watched the Finland vs Canada game

These are just impressions of the game.

Lundell was really impressive, a nice blend of size , skating and skill. I wasn't even looking for him, being a 2020, but he really stood out. In my opinion, the most talented player out there.

Krebs was Canada's best player. He was consistently making smart and skilled plays. He set up his linemates with beauty chances. He skates well and plays with a high motor.

Cozens kind of reminds me of Logan Brown, a kind of low intensity, but skilled big man. For me , it wasn't the best first impression.

Rees kind of came out o f nowhere for me. The comeback was really premised on his energy, speed and tenacity. I'm not really sure about his offensive upside, but he certainly made an impact.

Korczak had a great a game. He is big, skates and defends well. I liked his passing, particularly the breakout. I can see him being a riser.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Caufield would look nice on Tkachuck’s, doubt he’ll be available when the Sens pick though.

He might be too small. CSS has him listed at 5'6.75. Also from what I have seen he doesn't have a ton of speed for a player so small. There is a lot of risk that his game won't translate into the NHL.a small player with seemingly average speed isn't a great combination for a long and successful NHL career.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
CSS has Jakob Pelletier listed at 5'9.25. Given his age it is very possible that he could end up 5'10, 5'11 or even 6'. For a player that some have referred to as having everything you want in a player but size, the size thing shouldn't be an issue with him.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
He might be too small. CSS has him listed at 5'6.75. Also from what I have seen he doesn't have a ton of speed for a player so small. There is a lot of risk that his game won't translate into the NHL.a small player with seemingly average speed isn't a great combination for a long and successful NHL career.
I’d take that risk. His shot and hands are just too good.

Heinola is the real deal as well, but I don’t see the Sens drafting another left dman. Lavoie is a guy I can get behind towards the end of the first round.

Last edited:

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I’d take that risk. His shot and hands are just too good.

Heinola is the real deal as well, but I don’t see the Sens drafting another left dman. Lavoie is a guy I can get behind towards the end of the first round.

I would take the risk on Caulfield too, depending on where he it is in the draft. I am generally averse to these one dimensional scoring types, but he impressed me in the game vs Sweden. He stood out.

Hughes was shockingly bad, like he virtually had no impact on that game, aside from turning over the puck to the opposition. But watch him get five points today against weaker competition!

One name to watch is John Beecher. He is a big center with strong skating and seemingly good hands. If his development goes well, he good be a real nice player.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Canada vs Switzerland 9:30 ET. Canada should win their remaining games in the preliminary round and finish 1st on their side.
The Qtr final game on the cross over will be a lot tougher match up for the 2nd place team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad