NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I just don't understand what Dorion was thinking.

They knew in February that they were going to tank next season. They knew they would have a shot at Hughes or literally like 5 other players who have elite potential.

And they still chose to pick Tkachuk.

Why?

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013

They knew in February that they were going to tank next season. They knew they would have a shot at Hughes or literally like 5 other players who have elite potential.

Why?
I agree but as I saw someone here say, they basically were keeping the rebuild a secret to get fans to buy tickets, thinking the team would be competitive.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I agree but as I saw someone here say, they basically were keeping the rebuild a secret to get fans to buy tickets, thinking the team would be competitive.

So they were willing to cripple the franshise just so they can lie and make money off the fans?

You know what that sounds about right.

Last edited:

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Probably best to just focus on players ranked between 20-45 this year, we'll either be getting a late 1st or just our own early 2nd's to work with.

67's Graeme Clarke is a name I see alot in that range
Jakob Pelletier in Moncton is another.
I'm not as familiar with the WHL guys, seems to be a strong year for that league.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Probably best to just focus on players ranked between 20-45 this year, we'll either be getting a late 1st or just our own early 2nd's to work with.

67's Graeme Clarke is a name I see alot in that range
Jakob Pelletier in Moncton is another.
I'm not as familiar with the WHL guys, seems to be a strong year for that league.

I could already tell you who we're going to draft.

go through all the scouting reports. any that mention "safe", "character guy", and has mediocre offensive potential will be the guy.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Nikkanen is a guy nobody talks about, but by the end of the season will be viewed in the same light as Kotkaniemi, he's further ahead at this point.
Haven’t heard of him but seems to have gotten off to a good start in Liiga. So many talented forwards and wingers in this draft. I’m finally going to be watching a lot of talent in the west coast.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Why?

This is the same Dorion who promised our team will be better next year.

Finland is pumping out some elite talent recently.

Don't do this to us.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Why?

Maybe because he saw the 2011-12 & 2012-13 team make the playoffs and even win one round and think he can do the same. But it’s a pretty big bet

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Maybe because he saw the 2011-12 & 2012-13 team make the playoffs and even win one round and think he can do the same. But it’s a pretty big bet
Nobody on this roster is better than 2012 Spezza and Karlsson. 2013 was a lockout season with goaltending that brought us to the playoffs.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If anyone sees Dorion in the street, don't threaten or do anything, but I want as many of you as possible to say

"Remember your promise that we will be better this year Dorion; don't forget it, cause we won't, especially with no 1st round pick."

And just watch him sink.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Haven’t heard of him but seems to have gotten off to a good start in Liiga. So many talented forwards and wingers in this draft. I’m finally going to be watching a lot of talent in the west coast.
Yeah I picked up a team pass for Saskatoon this year so I will watch at least 1 team from the W a bit, other than that I'll just be watching a lot of Q.

Hockeytv is great for the CJHL too, I've definitely gotten my monies worth there (had a couple years free, wouldn't have gotten it otherwise).

My girlfriend isn't a huge fan of the time spent on hockey, especially only being home half a month at a time, at most :laugh:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nobody on this roster is better than 2012 Spezza and Karlsson. 2013 was a lockout season with goaltending that brought us to the playoffs.

I’m not arguing that. I’m just saying that Dorion saw Murray do that and think he could do the same « his way ». Problem is it’s not magical like that. Murray kept important core players such as Alfie, Spezza and young Karlsson and traded aging vets, integrating young players to the line up. Exactly what I wanted to happen (and probably most), build around a core of Karlsson, Spezza, Duchene and young Chabot. What could have been...

Maybe Murray was able to keep Melnyk in check and say no we’re going to keep and pay Spezza, Alfie, Phillips and Neil. Maybe Melnyk wanted them all traded to cut costs as much as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->