NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yeah the Duchene trade was definitely worse than the Karlsson return at the time in terms of what we gave up vs received because at the time we didn't think it was likely to be a top 3 pick. San Jose's could be a top 3 pick though it is very unlikely.

The hilarious part is we added Bowers. I mean, thats a better prospect than Norris.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Anyone else think the 1st or two firsts we get from San Jose have a chance to be lottery picks? Especially if Karl leaves. The West is tough and that core is aging fast. I'm probably being too optimistic but the picks are the only exciting part of this trade.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Anyone else think the 1st or two firsts we get from San Jose have a chance to be lottery picks? Especially if Karl leaves. The West is tough and that core is aging fast. I'm probably being too optimistic but the picks are the only exciting part of this trade.

If Karlsson leaves after 1 year there is a distinct possibility they miss the playoffs the following year. Their key players are all in their 30s

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The pick has a chance at a low odd lottery pick (13th-14th) for sure, but I don't see San Jose bottoming out.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Watching a webcast of Saskatoon, Kirby Dach is going to be a franchise level Centerman. Holy hell this kid has everything. His vision is out of this world, he may have an 80+ assist season.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Has anyone watched highlight vids of Kaapo Kakko?

Holy shit, you guys...

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
No, I mean behind the 3 franchise level Centers
I think he goes top 3 easily based purely on hype. Looks better than Laine IMO

That’s not to say that this draft doesn’t look totally f***ing insane. Guaranteed a top line C anywhere within the top 5. Crazy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think he goes top 3 easily based purely on hype. Looks better than Laine IMO
Dach, Hughes and Cozens have just as much hype, and play the more important position.

Just watch the highlights from Dach's game tonight when they come out tomorrow. Teams don't pass on guys like that.

Even Krebs will be viewed in the same tier as Kakko when all is said and done in my opinion, this is the best year for kids from the W in an extremely long time.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Dach, Hughes and Cozens have just as much hype, and play the more important position.

Just watch the highlights from Dach's game tonight when they come out tomorrow. Teams don't pass on guys like that.

Even Krebs will be viewed in the same tier as Kakko when all is said and done in my opinion, this is the best year for kids from the W in an extremely long time.

Do you think this draft will be 2015 caliber?

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
If you makes you guys feel any better, the 2020 draft also seems to have a strong group of forwards(Lafreniere and Byfield in particular).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Do you think this draft will be 2015 caliber?
Don't know about the depth, 2015 is one of the best drafts in 30 years, but the top end absolutely. You are getting a #1 quality prospect with the first 4 picks, and though I haven't seen the Russian play before I've read some pretty good things on him.

Lots of guys who are very, very good who could make it into the top 10.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If you makes you guys feel any better, the 2020 draft also seems to have a strong group of forwards(Lafreniere and Byfield in particular).
Yeah we’re going to marginally improve by then because something always has to f***ing go wrong.

Our pick winning the lottery this year and us losing next year would be the most Ottawa Senators thing to happen. I’d be shocked if it doesn’t play out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad