NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
This is the one that stings the most IMO. As a fan this one really sucks. I can only imagine how PD feels. Wow.

That would require someone to have a brain first in order to realize what he did was stupid. So no he doesn't feel like anything right now.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
We’ll have some attractive pieces at the deadline if we want to sell it all off. Smith, Ryan, Stone, Duchene - heck Boro, Wideman and Ceci could easily all fetch a half decent return.

I would expect the team to try and build around Stone though. His comments from the presser were uplifting, to say the least, that he wants to be the long term solution here.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We got more from Brassard than we did for Karlsson. How is that possible?
Well not if Balcers and Norris work out well (top 6). And/or if 2 firsts come back and we hit home runs with them or trade them for quality

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Because it was a three team deal that included Pittsburgh receiving a 3rd rounder for 2018, prospect Vincent Dunn and prospect Tobias Lingberg... plus Pittsburgh had Brassard for the remainder of last season, the playoffs, this coming season and the 2019 playoffs.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We’ll have some attractive pieces at the deadline if we want to sell it all off. Smith, Ryan, Stone, Duchene - heck Boro, Wideman and Ceci could easily all fetch a half decent return.

I would expect the team to try and build around Stone though. His comments from the presser were uplifting, to say the least, that he wants to be the long term solution here.
erik karlsson didn't fetch something half decent.....

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Because it was a three team deal that included Pittsburgh receiving a 3rd rounder for 2018, prospect Vincent Dunn and prospect Tobias Lingberg... plus Pittsburgh had Brassard for the remainder of last season, the playoffs, this coming season and the 2019 playoffs.

You sure say nothing by talking a lot.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Brassard return vs Karlsson return

22nd OA vs 1st in 2019 (that would be in the lotto) OR 1st in 2020 (that could be in the lotto if the Sharks miss the playoffs in 2020) : it remains to be seen but the 1st obtained in the Karlsson deal could end up being more valuable. If the Sharks miss the playoffs once in the next 2 years, it could even be very high.

Gustavsson vs Norris/Balcers : remains to be seen what they end up but a goalie prospect doesn't have as much value as a D-man or forward if talent is equal. Gustavsson is an excellent prospect but his value might be around one of Norris or Balcers.

Cole (became Columbus 2020 3rd round pick) vs 2nd in 2019 (highest from Florida or San Jose) : the 2nd has more value, if San Jose or Florida miss the playoffs, it could even be a high 2nd.

Nothing vs Norris/Balcers : close to Chlapik/Formenton value

Nothing vs Tierney : close to Pageau value

Nothing vs DeMelo : close to Harpur value

Nothing vs conditional 2nd (if Ek extends with SJ), possibly 1st (if the Sharks reach the SC in 2019) : remains to be seen if a pick is obtained. Chances are probably 50/50 right now.

Nothing vs conditional 1st (if the Sharks trade EK back to the East) : very unlikely that it materializes.

We also downgraded a 3rd in the Brassard trade :

2018 3rd round pick (64th OA) vs 2019 3rd round pick (Pittsburgh's, which should be way lower than 64th OA)

The Brassard trade became better because Dorion made his best move as Ottawa GM IMO, when he traded the 22nd OA for the 26th and 48th OA picks. It could so something similar with any of the picks or assets he got in the Karlsson deal. A LOT remains to be seen.

Some posters have a weird analysis skill. That trade sucked for many other reasons but the one you mentioned is not valid. It's a solid return for a rental, Islanders fans would have killed to get that return for Tavares on his way out. The problem is why it came to the point that EK would be traded like that.

The post you quoted is 100% factual though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
lol if the positive thing about the trade is that "at least we're not the Islanders" then you lost the cause.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
lol if the positive thing about the trade is that "at least we're not the Islanders" then you lost the cause.

Your comprehension skills might be as bad as your analysis skills. Maybe you should start "talking" more if you ever wanted to say something of substance. I have yet to see this.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Your comprehension skills might be as bad as your analysis skills. Maybe you should start "talking" more if you ever wanted to say something of substance. I have yet to see this.

Oh thank you o enlightened one. The dude that thinks he's smartest cat in the room always.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Oh thank you o enlightened one. The dude that thinks he's smartest cat in the room always.

Sorry that you feel so diminished. Time to smarten up and get some self confidence. So instead of your snarky remarks (exhibit post #36, #38 and #40), maybe you should make an effort to actually develop a critical mind (which is very different that what you do by the way)

I mean it's pretty telling that after reading my post #37, all you could come up with is :

"lol if the positive thing about the trade is that "at least we're not the Islanders" then you lost the cause."

You really don't have to be the "smartest cat in the room" to see that.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
2ab.gif

Who is going to interview Melnyk about the Boro trade?

We just have to burry it invetween the Smith and Widenan trades and we’re good.

A gal decent return is a 2nd or 3rd for the higher end and a 4/5/6 on the low.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
erik karlsson didn't fetch something half decent.....

We all know that because Melnyk wanted to cut off his nose to spite his face.

I don’t have total confidence in Dorion, but I believe Trent Mann is one of the leagues best scouts. Our player evaluations and scouting reports are highly accurate imo.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Am I only one who thinks the trade for Duchene is actually worse than the return we got for Karlsson

Potential top 3 pick
Bowers
Turris
3rd rounder

For Duchene with 2 years only

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

You asked a question, and I explained why.

Sorry that you won't accept the truth.

If EK65 was traded before the Deadline, there would have been a greater return, that what they received by trading at the beginning of train camp.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Some posters have a weird analysis skill. That trade sucked for many other reasons but the one you mentioned is not valid. It's a solid return for a rental, Islanders fans would have killed to get that return for Tavares on his way out. The problem is why it came to the point that EK would be traded like that.

The post you quoted is 100% factual though.

The Brassard trade, was not a "rental" he is still on their roster, and has one year remaining on his contract.

I think he was mistaken in the assumption that he was.

If Pittsburgh trades Brassard at the Deadline, then that would make him a "rental".

Thanks for the further clarification.

Last edited:

R2010

May 23, 2011
Am I only one who thinks the trade for Duchene is actually worse than the return we got for Karlsson

Potential top 3 pick
Bowers
Turris
3rd rounder

For Duchene with 2 years only

Yeah the Duchene trade was definitely worse than the Karlsson return at the time in terms of what we gave up vs received because at the time we didn't think it was likely to be a top 3 pick. San Jose's could be a top 3 pick though it is very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad