Prospect Info: 2019 Draft

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
LOL some Edmonton fans are upset about "unfairness" on the main GDT, thats rich.
no-answer.gif

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Y'know, I realize I'm gonna get yelled at for saying this, but I'm not all that scared of Hughes/Kakko. Granted, it would be better if two Metro teams *didn't* move up, but I just don't see them as franchise guys. Frankly, it reminds me of 2017, when Hischier and Patrick went at Nos. 1 and 2 to Metro teams which were both back in the lottery this year.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
The Best Late Round NHL Draft Picks
Luc Robitaille: Round 9
Theoren Fluery:Round 8
Henrik Zetterberg: Round 7
Doug Gilmour: Round 7
Brett Hull: Round 6
Pavel Datsyuk: Round 6
Brad Marchand: Round 3
Brayden Point: Round 3
Sebastian Aho: Round 2
Nikita Kucherov: Round 2
etc. etc etc.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Kakko is about to become the most hyped non-McDavid/Matthews/Dahlin tier prospect of his generation.
He could be on the Matthews/Dahlin tier. Jury is still out on both of those players too obviously, but he's probably his country's most hyped prospect of this generation, maybe more so than Barkov. He's most likely not going to be McDavid though.

Hughes though, I'm more unsure about. He could be the next Point or Gaudreau, depending on whether he sticks at center. But there's also a decent possibility he "only" turns out to be another Keller or similar player, which is still a very good player.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
He could be on the Matthews/Dahlin tier. Jury is still out on both of those players too obviously, but he's probably his country's most hyped prospect of this generation, maybe more so than Barkov. He's most likely not going to be McDavid though.

Hughes though, I'm more unsure about. He could be the next Point or Gaudreau, depending on whether he sticks at center. But there's also a decent possibility he "only" turns out to be another Keller or similar player, which is still a very good player.

That was meant to be a pure shot at certain fans on HF.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Arthur Kaliyev:
Pure sniper who scored 51 goals this season for Hamilton @ 17 years old.
He'll need to improve his skating to be an effective NHL player.

The kid whose compete and effort level away from the puck screams IDGAF? Pretty sure if the Canes draft him HCRB'A beats him to death with his own stick by the end of his 1st camp.

Kidding. Pretty sure Roddy says "nope" though and it gets AK a bright red "no not draft" strike-through on the draft board.

Reactions: zman77

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
This division has been a meat grinder from day one and it always will be.

Somehow, five Metro teams made the playoffs, and the list did not include the Rangers, Flyers, or Devils. Tonight just proved that we're never going to have an easy division ever again. I guess that's our penance for being in the Southeast all those years.

At least we got our turn last year.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So if anyone needs a good laugh, posters The Angry Penguin (Leafs fan) and New Jersey (Devils fan) are having a nice chat on the Draft Lottery GDT on the main board.

Reactions: Lucky Lindy

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Kakko is about to become the most hyped non-McDavid/Matthews/Dahlin tier prospect of his generation.
This, and there is reason for it. I've been trying to watch as many as possible TPS matches this year and Kakko basically dominates the ice when he is on. I know the level of players in Liiga isn't that great but still. He is brilliant.

Reactions: emptyNedder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad