2019 draft who would you have picked

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Tomasino given the players that went before. Edit: whoops! #4 byram or zegras

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Man...2019 draft feels like a lifetime ago now.

Not sure who I'd have gone for. I didn't really look at the top end kids (aside from Hughes at the WJC) last year. I think Turcotte or Dach were the highest ranked ones on the board at that juncture, iirc? Probably one of those two....I guess.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Man...2019 draft feels like a lifetime ago now.

Not sure who I'd have gone for. I didn't really look at the top end kids (aside from Hughes at the WJC) last year. I think Turcotte or Dach were the highest ranked ones on the board at that juncture, iirc? Probably one of those two....I guess.
Yeah, probably Turcotte or Cozens, I think. Dach went 3rd.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Trying to think of what my opinion was at the time. I remember liking Byram a lot but didn't think LD was the perfect fit. Also was a huge fan of Zegras at the time. But pretty sure I was thinking Byram.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I had them ranked at the time of the draft. Actual pick #s shown...

Hughes 1
Kakko 2
Byram 4
Turcotte 5
Dach 3

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Cozens at 4
Tomasino at 17
Afansyev at 32

Pinto looking like a smart pick at 32 for sure, I still really, really like Afansyev. Going to be a horse in the NHL.

Was and still am disappointed in Thomson at 17, though not really a consensus pick by any means after 16.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wanted if they were available & fell to us in order:

1. Kakko
2. Dach
3. Cozens
4. Seider
5. Broberg

Disappointed in Thomson & Sogaard picks, would have prefered Poulin LW instead of Thomson. Although happy with Pinto now, but at the time would have preferred Kaliyev, Lavoie, Beecher or Tuomisto.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Without using hindsight, Byram was my clear preference with Cozens as the next up. Zegras and Seider have pulled themselves into that conversation for sure, though. Amazing that Anaheim got Zegras at 9.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
If you weren’t picking Byram at #4 at the time, you’d have been called nuts.
Looking back on it, i’d love Ottawa to draft Zegras.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I thought OP was asking who would you choose now in hindsight but everybody is answering what was their views at the time of the draft so I'm not really sure... but if I'm answering after 1 "season", and if Hughes, Kakko and Dach are the clear top-3 (and they should be IMO, even if in a different order), I like Zegras at 4th. But still very hard to say, 1st season was cut dry.

Cozens at 4
Tomasino at 17
Afansyev at 32

Pinto looking like a smart pick at 32 for sure, I still really, really like Afansyev. Going to be a horse in the NHL.

Was and still am disappointed in Thomson at 17, though not really a consensus pick by any means after 16.

Small details but Thomson was picked 19th. And forgot the "a" at Afanasyev.

I wanted if they were available & fell to us in order:

1. Kakko
2. Dach
3. Cozens
4. Seider
5. Broberg

Disappointed in Thomson & Sogaard picks, would have prefered Poulin LW instead of Thomson. Although happy with Pinto now, but at the time would have preferred Kaliyev, Lavoie, Beecher or Tuomisto.

Where is Jack Hughes??? Not even top-5?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad