Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Thread: The Countdown - 2 days to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I don't get why everyone's saying that Yamamoto's been a dissapointment. Did anyone really expect him to be in the NHL in his 2nd year? He's a small winger who was producing at basically a ppg clip in the AHL once he got settled it. Then he got called up, sent down, and took a few games to settle in. Then he got injured. He's had a crazy season. Tons of 'top prospects' from the 2017 draft haven't played a second in the majors.

A little tidbit, btw, Yams has the highest contributions to Grade A chances +- among Oilers wingers. 0.84, the 3rd highest on the team after Drai and McDavid.

Because apparently picks in the 20s need to be immediate top 6 threats but top 4 picks can take their sweet ass time figuring out which lane to take.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Can we shift this back to the draft talk? There's a thread for proposals.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I don't get why everyone's saying that Yamamoto's been a dissapointment. Did anyone really expect him to be in the NHL in his 2nd year? He's a small winger who was producing at basically a ppg clip in the AHL once he got settled it. Then he got called up, sent down, and took a few games to settle in. Then he got injured. He's had a crazy season. Tons of 'top prospects' from the 2017 draft haven't played a second in the majors.

A little tidbit, btw, Yams has the highest contributions to Grade A chances +- among Oilers wingers. 0.84, the 3rd highest on the team after Drai and McDavid.

It will be an interesting year for Yams. Would like to see him light it up for sure

WCSGarrett

Zamboni Driver
Feb 18, 2018
Seattle
www.youtube.com
Bouchard was touted a #1 at the draft. Anything less than a top pair like parayko or pietrangelo is a major bust.

I wonder if we can wind back the clock on when Scott Niedermayer was drafted. Too bad HF did not exist. People might say the same garbage. Not a #1 D. Goes on to have a hall of fame career.

Why is it everything we draft are not potentially top line player? Might as well go with dobson or smith instead since maybe they are #1?

Scott coached Cam York

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
To do what though? As a reference? To pare down their lists? Sure, that would make sense.

Everything I’ve heard says teams rank players thoroughly, in much more of a continuum than chucks. When they go to the draft, how likely are they just to take whoever’s left in a certain group of players? That sounds like a fantasy draft where there are no real consequences.

These guys are responsible for the actual picks, so I would hope it’s more meticulous than that. If I’m running an NHL team’s draft, and 217 players are being picked, I know I’m having 217 “tiers”.
NHL teams show up to the draft with roughly 100 players on their draft board.

No one has a draft ranking 217 players long.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I honestly wonder if with the Pulju news it has Stauffer backpeddling and even if the org was thinking Broberg, no chance now. Our forward prospects went from 4 to 3.

You don’t draft based on current needs. Team could be totally different 2-3 years down the road when the prospect is ready for the show.

Reactions: boredem
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->