2019 Draft Thread Part 2 (Flyers have the 11th selection in the first round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's not like Minnesota drafted badly under Fletcher/Flahr, it's more like they didn't draft the last few years b/c they traded too many picks.
They didn't hit HRs, but they got solid value for the most part given where they picked.
So I don't see Flahr going off the reservation, and the scouts pretty much dominate after the first couple rounds (too many players for anyone to look at all the film other than the scouts).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But I’ve heard that he’s a smurf....

He is. Smurfs can score, but you have to discount their scoring to account for their obvious deficiencies.
Doesn't mean it doesn't have value, but the same scoring is more valuable from a full sized player who plays two way hockey.

Scoring against 18 year olds isn't quite the same as scoring in the NHL.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
He is. Smurfs can score, but you have to discount their scoring to account for their obvious deficiencies.
Doesn't mean it doesn't have value, but the same scoring is more valuable from a full sized player who plays two way hockey.

Scoring against 18 year olds isn't quite the same as scoring in the NHL.
:laugh:

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Hey guys, just checking in to ask a question. Are the Flyers looking to keep #11 or likely to move it for immediate help? Would a package like Kreider + two 2nds from the Rangers be anything Philly would be interested in? Kreider is a beast in a fast paced system like AV's.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Hey guys, just checking in to ask a question. Are the Flyers looking to keep #11 or likely to move it for immediate help? Would a package like Kreider + two 2nds from the Rangers be anything Philly would be interested in? Kreider is a beast in a fast paced system like AV's.
That username is so much better than that post.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

If im not mistaken, Kreider is primarily a LW correct?

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007

i'd do it for Zib, we need a C. Kreider doesn't fill that need. great player though.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
No I am not moving that pick for anything.
Team still needs to draft and draft well. Next 3 drafts are very, very good. 2019 draft has damn good talent at 11. I would like to get another 1st this or next if possible. Why? The hockey that’s being played at U18 and U20 levels currently, will make its way to the nhl. That game against St. Louis at the end of the season was prime example of that. Speed and skill is the name of the game, with Caufield we will again see if size matters in the nhl. Personally if he was there I would take him. Farabee frost Caufield

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
For anyone who has missed the U-18's, this account on YouTube started uploading the earlier tournament games...

I saw the 2 televised games yesterday and 2 from a few days ago. So, clearly, I'm an expert now. :dunce:

It feels like this draft is pretty damn deep if you can avoid the usual traps. I'm not buying the alleged drop off after the top 10.

Oh, and lastly Brink looked awesome yesterday after getting off the plane, and arriving an hour before the game with the flu, so confirmation bias FTW. :sarcasm:

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
No I am not moving that pick for anything.
Team still needs to draft and draft well. Next 3 drafts are very, very good. 2019 draft has damn good talent at 11. I would like to get another 1st this or next if possible. Why? The hockey that’s being played at U18 and U20 levels currently, will make its way to the nhl. That game against St. Louis at the end of the season was prime example of that. Speed and skill is the name of the game, with Caufield we will again see if size matters in the nhl. Personally if he was there I would take him. Farabee frost Caufield

Speed and skill huh? Tampa and Calgary are on the golf course using all the speed and skill.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Caufield going top 10 is purely conjecture at this point. Once Bob McKenzie releases his scouts final rankings close to the draft, we’ll have a pretty decent idea who will go where and why. Well maybe not why, but you get my drift

Reactions: VladDrag

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
If Caufield is gone by 11, I'm already sold on trying to move the pick for someone like Spurgeon. Then sign a forward come Free agency to fill another hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->