2019 Draft Thread Part 2 (Flyers have the 11th selection in the first round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Now open for business.

Part I -- Official 2019 Draft Thread (Flyers have the 11th selection in the first round)

Picks 4-15 were assigned in reverse order of standings from this season. Picks 16-31 will be determined after the results of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2019 NHL DRAFT ORDER

1. New Jersey Devils
2. New York Rangers
3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Colorado Avalanche (from the Ottawa Senators)
5. Los Angeles Kings
6. Detroit Red Wings
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Edmonton Oilers
9. Anaheim Ducks
10. Vancouver Canucks
11. Philadelphia Flyers
12. Minnesota Wild
13. Florida Panthers
14. Arizona Coyotes
15. Montreal Canadiens

Source: NHL.com

Last edited:

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
they need to do what tampa did, add more talent on defense, that's why they won over 60 games, if the flyers are able to somehow get 2 or 3 defensemen, they have a great chance of being better in the metro but standing pat will put this team in a bottomless pit.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Lol, damn...

NJ and NY winning the lottery is the worst case scenario. Must’ve stung to watch that happen live.

Who does everyone like at #11?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
You make it sound like d is the only reason Tampa is winning... Tampa is best scoring hockey team with vezina type goaltending and excellent cap management.

Reactions: Devonator

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Weird seeing Spurgeon lumped in with trouba. Trouba >> Spurgeon.

Trouba being big, good skater, physical, pk, pp, right handed, now 50 pts, who knows what he will earn. He’s my guy if he would sign here. 11th pick plus Haag is my offer.

If Jets lose first round Chevy will feel pressure to recoup a 1st rd pick.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Weird seeing Spurgeon lumped in with trouba. Trouba >> Spurgeon.

Trouba being big, good skater, physical, pk, pp, right handed, now 50 pts, who knows what he will earn. He’s my guy if he would sign here. 11th pick plus Haag is my offer.

If Jets lose first round Chevy will feel pressure to recoup a 1st rd pick.

The only thing better about Trouba is his age. Spurgeon as good defensively and better offensively.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Now open for business.

Part I -- Official 2019 Draft Thread (Flyers have the 11th selection in the first round)

Picks 4-15 were assigned in reverse order of standings from this season. Picks 16-31 will be determined after the results of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Source: NHL.com

2019 NHL DRAFT ORDER
1. New Jersey Devils
images

2. New York Rangers

latest

3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Colorado Avalanche (from the Ottawa Senators)
5. Los Angeles Kings
6. Detroit Red Wings
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Edmonton Oilers
9. Anaheim Ducks
10. Vancouver Canucks
11. Philadelphia Flyers
images

12. Minnesota Wild
13. Florida Panthers
14. Arizona Coyotes
15. Montreal Canadiens

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Well that was fun. Kind of the way sandpapering your nuts is fun.

Oh well, hopefully they make a good pick at 11 and don't do something asinine like swapping the pick for some 32 year old Dman or center. But then again, this is the Flyers and pain and suffering are our proud traditions.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
Boldy, Zegras, Soderstrom or Krebs would all be good, I also like the little guy, Caufield a lot.

In Pronman's mock for the Athletic thats who Charlie O'Connor chose for us. Pointed out his lack of size but he's a natural goal scorer and since we have ample prospects taking a home run swing with Caufield could be a nice gamble to land a goal scorer.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
In Pronman's mock for the Athletic thats who Charlie O'Connor chose for us. Pointed out his lack of size but he's a natural goal scorer and since we have ample prospects taking a home run swing with Caufield could be a nice gamble to land a goal scorer.
Yup, I'd be fine with him, my personal fave in that range is Soderstrom, but I'd be happy with any of the guys I mentioned.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The only thing better about Trouba is his age. Spurgeon as good defensively and better offensively.

Disagree. I’ve seen my fair share of Wild games and I don’t think it’s even close.

This was first year trouba got PP and put up 50 pts.

Ghost Trouba
Provy Myers
Sanheim Gudas
Morin

Tough to compete with that.

Last edited:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Trouba is a better player than Spurgeon right now and at his age he continues to develop and get better. Trouba took big steps forward offensively this year. He would instantly be the Flyers best defenseman and help make up a legit top pair with Provorov. Im not getting my hopes at all though. I expect Spurgeon or Myers.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Trouba is a better player than Spurgeon right now and at his age he continues to develop and get better. Trouba took big steps forward offensively this year. He would instantly be the Flyers best defenseman and help make up a legit top pair with Provorov. Im not getting my hopes at all though. I expect Spurgeon or Myers.
Trouba is better than Spurgeon?

Hm. As I said in a prior post, I haven’t seen much of Trouba this season, so maybe he’s ironed out his game, but I find it hard to believe he’s better than Spurgeon, who is probably the most underrated defenseman in hockey.

Don’t get me wrong, Trouba has the more noticeable raw physical tools — size, strength, shot. Both can really skate. But I never saw Trouba as having close to Spurgeon’s calmness & hockey sense.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Trouba is better than Spurgeon?

Hm. As I said in a prior post, I haven’t seen much of Trouba this season, so maybe he’s ironed out his game, but I find it hard to believe he’s better than Spurgeon, who is probably the most underrated defenseman in hockey.

Don’t get me wrong, Trouba has the more noticeable raw physical tools — size, strength, shot. Both can really skate. But I never saw Trouba as having close to Spurgeon’s calmness & hockey sense.

Him paired with Morrisey this year really elevated his game, one could argue they are one of the best pairs in the NHL .

But I probably dont have a fair assesment of Spurgeon

Reactions: Morinisbear

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It sucks we went down a spot, but honestly, if that's that case, I'm okay with getting someone very good that we can wait a year or two on.

Someone from college or maybe someone like Soderstrom who could do very well with another year in Sweden or a full year in the AHL.

Also, while those two did get the top 2 picks, you have to remember, they need to fill up the rest of their team. Both teams have some pretty awful depth issues and getting one single great player won't fix the issue of depth and goaltending. Flyers are in such a position that 11th suits them well enough because of the depth and quality of young players they have.

I know people are thinking about trading the pick, but I think that's a mistake and that's something Homer would do.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Spurgeon was 6th in xGA/60 last year.
Gudas 11th, Sanheim 64th, Ghost 75th, Provorov was 97th, Hagg was 164th of 164 with 800 ES minutes.
Trouba 98th, PK Subban 129th

Sanheim was 24th in xGF/60, Gudas 67th, Hagg 80th, Ghost 108th, Provorov 115th,
PK Subban 50th, Spurgeon 123rd.

2017-18:
xGA, Gudas 17th, Provorov 28th, Ghost 70th, AMac 85th, Hagg 99th, Manning 136th
Spurgeon 13th, Trouba 58th, Subban 119th

Spurgeon is a top defender despite his lack of size who plays big minutes against top competition.
Subban, forget him as a defender.

Sheltering explains Gudas' numbers, he's competent, but I doubt anyone thinks he's a shutdown defender.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Wish we had 10, but slipping to 11 isnt terrible. I'm really liking all the USA players at the top. I'd be very happy to land any of

Turcotte
Zegras
Boldy
Caufield
Krebs

Im sure more guys will be added to my preferences as I do more research but I like everything about these guys so far. Previous experience playing with Farabee is also nice

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Disagree. I’ve seen my fair share of Wild games and I don’t think it’s even close.

This was first year trouba got PP and put up 50 pts.

Ghost Trouba
Provy Myers
Sanheim Gudas
Morin

Tough to compete with that.

I know you're a Jets diehard, but you can't possibly watch a lot of Spurgeon if you don't think it's even close. He's really good. Trouba's age is more desirable though for sure.

Reactions: Devonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad