2019 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Based on what I've seen, yeah. None of the other D in the draft are close to Honka and high end RHD are coveted. My next highest ranked D atm is Cam York and he's not in my top 10.
I have a few dmen ahead of Honka now, York being the only one in the top 10 for me. Honka doesn't seem to be getting early top 10 love either from rankings coming out, but you could be right, he seems like a riser and someone that will gain momentum.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I am personally high on the Finish winger Kakko.

Watched some videos of him on YT and he seems like a bull on the puck. Would love to snag him and put him with JT. Flip Saad for a LHD and bring Panarin home. Pair that with the youth movement coming on the blue line and thats a potentially great team in a few years if they can find a goalie.

DeBrincat-Toews-Kakko
Panarin-Schmaltz-Kane

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I have a few dmen ahead of Honka now, York being the only one in the top 10 for me. Honka doesn't seem to be getting early top 10 love either from rankings coming out, but you could be right, he seems like a riser and someone that will gain momentum.
I think you'll definitely start to see Honka rise. York could also make my top 10, he's close right now (#15). He's got some filling out to do (which is normal) but he's got quick hands and mobility. Can definitely QB a PP. Big fan of him so far.

Reactions: AmericanDream

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Honka has been a stand-out Dman in FEL as 17 years old. He is playing almost 18 minutes a game, gets powerplay time. I saw the game last night from him.

The "problem" is that he is pretty much from the same model as Boqvist. I mean yeah, go for the BPA everyday and twice on sundays, but I really hope the BPA in our pick is a forward.

Honka has high ceiling. Not as high as Heiskanen/Boqvist, but definitely higher than his brother.

And yes, I do think Boqvist's ceiling is in Heiskanen's level. Not the same type of players by any means.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Honka has been a stand-out Dman in FEL as 17 years old. He is playing almost 18 minutes a game, gets powerplay time. I saw the game last night from him.

The "problem" is that he is pretty much from the same model as Boqvist. I mean yeah, go for the BPA everyday and twice on sundays, but I really hope the BPA in our pick is a forward.

Honka has high ceiling. Not as high as Heiskanen/Boqvist, but definitely higher than his brother.

And yes, I do think Boqvist's ceiling is in Heiskanen's level. Not the same type of players by any means.
I agree it doesn't benefit us too much if Honka is BPA for us, but I think it's unlikely we're in a position to draft him anyway. But drafting him would be interesting. Hawks would become an elite RHD factory haha.

Reactions: migi

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I agree it doesn't benefit us too much if Honka is BPA for us, but I think it's unlikely we're in a position to draft him anyway. But drafting him would be interesting. Hawks would become an elite RHD factory haha.

Yep and you know the RHD value in market... Elite RHD's still doesnt grow in trees.

Basically we could land something pretty nice by draft so always draft BPA and if it's Honka, you deal with it later.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Look..if we stink ,we need one of those 2 big Dub Centers...Dylan Cozens or Kirby Dach ... we Need an impact 2C that is way more talented than Anisimov...Schmaltz will never be a C solution...he has flash both on draws and in physically finishing checks ...no grit...

IF we won the lotto for the #1 spit..I would trade it down 1 orx2 spots ...do not want another surf in Jack Hughes...talented by very very smurfy...forget it. .Tale 1 of the 2 big C's at 6'3 each ...they are ripping up the Dub already this season..

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kane was the high upside first overall but he was hardly unanimous. Some preferred Turris as the lower ceiling higher floor #1 because he played center and JVR was the safe power forward in some eyes.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kane was ranked #11th overall to start the year at ISS....pretty crazy how everything turned out. And Gagner his linemate was looked at as a potential #1 pick,

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Look..if we stink ,we need one of those 2 big Dub Centers...Dylan Cozens or Kirby Dach ... we Need an impact 2C that is way more talented than Anisimov...Schmaltz will never be a C solution...he has flash both on draws and in physically finishing checks ...no grit...

IF we won the lotto for the #1 spit..I would trade it down 1 orx2 spots ...do not want another surf in Jack Hughes...talented by very very smurfy...forget it. .Tale 1 of the 2 big C's at 6'3 each ...they are ripping up the Dub already this season..

Why take a franchise player when you can have a JVR.... You post some really stupid stuff but this takes the cake.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think it's time for another 1st OA pick for the Hawks!
If it it's Hughes than great ... Panarin returns for a Pan Hughes Kane Smurfarama Extravaganza!

Don't forget about Cat. We would have 3 smurfs that... are... top 10 in the league, and one who probably ends up top 30 or so with his goal scoring ability. Oh no. What would we ever do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->