Prospect Info: 2019 Draft | Round 4: Pick #108 - Yegor Spiridonov (C) | Magnitogorsk-2 (MHL)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pronman quick pick analysis:

Spiridonov was one of the best players in the MHL and was a go-to guy for Russia internationally the past few years. Scouts often use the phrase “makes his teammates better” when discussing Spiridonov. He makes plays across the offensive zone from the nice pass off the half-wall to creating space around the hard areas. He’s got skill and shows it in flashes, but he’s not a guy who stands out with his puck handling. His smarts and compete drive his game, and he’s also got a hard shot that can surprise goalies. He can kill penalties and play tougher minutes effectively. My main concern with Spiridonov is his skating. He’s got a clunky stride without any real quickness that will limit him as he climbs the levels.

Grading the San Jose Sharks' 2019 draft class

Aside from the Hamaliuk pick, this is the most he talks about any of the prospects

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm not too high on Ibragimov, I mean, there is some skill, but, to be honest, I didn't understand that pick. Although I didn't really focus too much on him, so maybe that's why I didn't notice anything too special.

I know that he played in the QMJHL this year, but do you know anything about Russian D Artemi Kniazev?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I know that he played in the QMJHL this year, but do you know anything about Russian D Artemi Kniazev?

Knyazev is a very known prospect in Russia, was considered the top talent for this draft like a year or two ago, as at the midget level he was showing Karlsson-like game and posting big numbers. The issues started at the translation to the junior level, when things didn't exactly go the right way in the MHL, as he lacked size, reliability and a lot of his stuff stopped to work at this level, coaches didn't help him too much either and also his confidence clearly suffered. So this year was the restart year for him, hope he can bounce back to the high level of expectations, as the great puck skills, skating and creativity are still there, but obviously only time will tell if he will be able to put those in a proper toolbox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad