GDT: 2019 Draft Lottery

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's finally lottery week!

<iframe width="300" height="154" src="Countdown Clock" frameborder="0"></iframe>

NHL.com article with TV coverage information and odds for each team:

NHL Draft Lottery odds set, drawing is April 9

Tankathon, including each team's chances at any of their possible outcomes:

2019 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

LET'S GET THE HYPE TRAIN GOING!!!

EDIT: Anybody know how to fix that script and actually display the clock? img and url don't seem to cut it.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I have no anxiety about this. I hate 2019 and everything it represents so far (with one VERY big exception that happened on St Paddy's Day. But even if the worst is to happen and we draft 7OA, we are still guaranteed a fantastic player this year.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I have no anxiety about this. I hate 2019 and everything it represents so far (with one VERY big exception that happened on St Paddy's Day. But even if the worst is to happen and we draft 7OA, we are still guaranteed a fantastic player this year.
I'm not sure if I should console you over your terrible year or ask what happened on St. Paddy's then high five over the inevitable response.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
So, if Colorado LA or NJ win the first draw our odds increase for the second and third draws? I guess if not us 1st I hope it's LA picking 1st.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I click simulate until we get 1st or 2nd and then I close out the browser because I am satisfied.
The odds of picking 7th are worse than picking 1st, so of course everyone is convinced we'll be 7th.

Maybe we can bet on picking 7th to soften the disappointment if it happens.

Reactions: marcmadsen

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
So as we watch this unfold we’re hoping for 2 things.

1. You should have a list of the pre lottery order in front of you.

MON
ARI
FLA
Etc.

Any team that is not called in their order has won one of the three top picks. And each time that happens Detroit has dropped one spot in their draft position.

Scenarios....

1. Three teams (before Detroit) miss their call and jump ahead. This would be sh*t. This would be your 3 lottery winners and place Detroit at 7th.

2. Two teams miss their call before Detroit. This slides Detroit down to 6th but we’d still hope for DET to miss their call to join the top 3. In this scenario we either pick 1,2,3 or 6.

3. One team misses their call and this puts Detroit at 5 unless they win a top 3 pick.

4. No teams jump ahead. Detroit picks, at worst, 4th.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Since 2008, every single Cup champion has had multiple 2nd round picks on their team.
And I'm sure the majority of their best players have come from those second rounders, right? C'mon now.

Great teams find talent throughout the draft and from other sources, but let's not pretend that elite players have zero correlation with draft position.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
So as we watch this unfold we’re hoping for 2 things.

1. You should have a list of the pre litter order in front of you.

MON
ARI
FLA
Etc.

Any team that is not called in their order has won one of the three top picks. And each time that happens Detroit has dropped one spot in their draft position.

Scenarios....

1. Three teams (before Detroit) miss their call and jump ahead. This would be sh*t. This would be your 3 lottery winners and place Detroit at 7th.

2. Two teams miss their call before Detroit. This slides Detroit down to 6th but we’d still hope for DET to miss their call to join the top 3. In this scenario we either pick 1,2,3 or 6.

3. One team misses their call and this puts Detroit at 5 unless they win a top 3 pick.

4. No teams jump ahead. Detroit picks, at worst, 4th.

The bliss that a team must feel when they are slotted like #15 and hear their name get skipped....I bet there aren't many feelings like it.

Reactions: mantha39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->