GDT: 2019 Draft Lottery - Ducks will pick 9th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Well if ya'll want to be disappointed we were one ball away from winning in both the first overall and second overall draws.
Well it’s like Powerball or whatever. Missing by one is just missing.:laugh:

But just out of curiosity, did they publish the actual winning sequences somewhere?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Well it’s like Powerball or whatever. Missing by one is just missing.:laugh:

But just out of curiosity, did they publish the actual winning sequences somewhere?

Yeah I saw it on Twitter from Hugh Weber. Good news is we weren't a ball away on first overall, but were on second(just one combo of eleven). Philly had like three of 11 on first overall lol.

Reactions: ADHB

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
After watching one of the actual lotteries, I can't agree. It's over in a minute and impossible to follow. I'm also not sure they can drag it out for suspense, they draw a ball every 10 seconds and that might be protocol or something. There's a reason people still believe in these bad conspiracies even though there's actual evidence debunking it. No one's watching those videos.
Publish the lists of everyone’s ball listings ahead of time and slow the balls down and it’s jist like any other raffle. People follow those just fine. All this suffers from is the NHL’s was typically clueless presentation. Other leagues can do it just fine.

I honestly am happy for you if you found it entertaining. I find it like watching paint dry, and so did several people watching with me.

Reactions: Duck Off

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah I saw it on Twitter from Hugh Weber. Good news is we weren't a ball away on first overall, but were on second(just one combo of eleven). Philly had like three of 11 on first overall lol.
Oh ok awesome thanks. And yeah I see what you mean. Even though we had 3 of the 4 numbers on the draw for first overall, they weren’t drawn in that order. Makes it better lol.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Publish the lists of everyone’s ball listings ahead of time and slow the balls down and it’s jist like any other raffle. People follow those just fine. All this suffers from is the NHL’s was typically clueless presentation. Other leagues can do it just fine.

I honestly am happy for you if you found it entertaining. I find it like watching paint dry, and so did several people watching with me.
I can see something like this being interesting, actually. You can have a giant keno looking board with all the combos, and with each number drawn you can light up the ones that are still in play. That would create some drama for the teams whose numbers are still alive.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

They already do publish the lists! There's 1000 combinations, it's a lot to comb through. And if they are allowed to increase the intervals, it just means it's mostly dead air. It wouldn't be remotely interesting until the 3rd ball is pulled, maybe the 2nd.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I can see something like this being interesting, actually. You can have a giant keno looking board with all the combos, and with each number drawn you can light up the ones that are still in play. That would create some drama for the teams whose numbers are still alive.

There are a thousand possible winners, I dont even think there's a board on earth that can display them in a way people could actually read them.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm not really seeing much from Krebs. Reminds me of another small high skill but average speed center. Giroux lite maybe? Kind of already have that in Steel. Much rather see one of the American centers, Dach, or Broberg
Krebs is a much better skater with more grit. Steel beats him in vision but the high IQs are very similar.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Hey, let's root for our team to lose a bunch of games on purpose so we can have better lottery odds. Then when we get screwed in the lottery, we can complain that the NHL is rigging it.

Or maybe we could fire a coach who created a toxic environment, ice some of the younger players, and try to create a more positive culture moving towards next year.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
f*** the Blackhawks and f*** the NHL! The only positive is that the Kings dropped to 5th LOL. Ending up 9th doesn't excite me, there's a 99% possibility all of our most wanted guys (Turcotte, Cozens, Zegras, Dach, Byram) will be gone by then, I guess we can hope in Krebs but I'm not overly excited as I'd be with the others mentioned.

Last edited:

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Not sure if this means much, but Kreb's brother is 6'4. Maybe he adds an inch or two, although it is very unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad