2019 Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I like this site, as has vid clips and quotes from Button and others for each prospect...plus, the person who runs the site, keeps each team position and their
associated guess for the pick...(of course they cannot factor the lottery winner) Currently has Kings 4th overall and selecting Alex Turcotte. The person
updates the site often, so they change the team position and player rankings as well - as some players move up or down in perceived worth.

2019 NHL Mock Draft | 2019 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Watch the Kings finish last or second to last and lose the draft lottery. Would be our luck 100%.

It happened in 2017. Colorado, Vancouver, and Vegas were scheduled to pick 1-3. Colorado had 48 pts, Vancouver 69, and Vegas was an expansion team. New Jersey won 1st overall with 70 points, Philadelphia won 2nd with 88 points, and Dallas won 3rd with 79 points.

Colorado had to pick 4th, Vancouver 5th, and Vegas 6th.

I still like the system, as teams that suck on purpose aren't guaranteed 2nd overall at worst.

It would suck to fall to 5th overall (assuming the league finished as is), but there are still quality prospects.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I like this site, as has vid clips and quotes from Button and others for each prospect...plus, the person who runs the site, keeps each team position and their
associated guess for the pick...(of course they cannot factor the lottery winner) Currently has Kings 4th overall and selecting Alex Turcotte. The person
updates the site often, so they change the team position and player rankings as well - as some players move up or down in perceived worth.

2019 NHL Mock Draft | 2019 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

Tankathon is a good one as well, doesn't have the in-depth analysis on each player, but it has a mock and info on lottery odds.

2019 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
IMG_0323.jpg

#EMBRACETHESUCKFORKAKKO

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
2019-20 (Carter, Phaneuf, Forbort, Clifford and Pearson were all traded at deadline AND / OR off-season. Vilardi saw the Wizard and got a NEW back) Wish Kings won lottery, but alas, did not.

BROWN KOPITAR KAKKO
KOVALCHUK VILARDI KUPARI
KEMPE AMADIO TOFFOLI
WAGNER JAD LEWIS
BRODZINSKI

BRICKLEY DOUGHTY
MUZZIN LADUE
MARTINEZ NEW ACQUISITION

QUICK
CAMPBELL

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just watched the latest Shift by Shift video of Kirby Dach.

Maybe it's just me but I see a lot of Kopitar in his style of play.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hopefully the Kings can squeeze out a second first rounder somehow. There are a few talented kids.

Then hopefully they revamp the development staff so they can improve their skills.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I guess Mark Yanetti may be getting excited...booking more trips to see Hughes, Podkolzin, Byram, Dach, Cozens...and getting Euro scouts to see Kakko and Broberg. And knowing full well, if the Kings sell in Feb, (or sooner) may get some more high picks.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm glad that the top ranked prospects are forwards.

Evaluating defensemen is more difficult. Plus they take longer to develop and the dmen picked really high have a higher bust rate than similarly ranked forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad