GDT: 2019 Draft Discussion: LA Kings pick 5th, 22nd overall 8 p.m. ET (NBCSN, SN, TVAS)

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
All I have to say is '19-'20 World Juniors is gonna be off the hook. Possible Turcotte, Caufield and all the US boys against Dach, Cozens, Byram etc. And of course Bjornfot and Sweden might be one of the best world juniors in awhile.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Good grief Kaliyev’s team was terrible!!
That he was able to help whatever that was make the playoffs is impressive.

He absolutely coasts a lot out there, I wonder if more fire and much better conditioning are in store for him when he comes into the development camp

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Good grief Kaliyev’s team was terrible!!
That he was able to help whatever that was make the playoffs is impressive.

He absolutely coasts a lot out there, I wonder if more fire and much better conditioning are in store for him when he comes into the development camp

The Dogs were actually half decent prior to the OHL deadline but, they ended up trading key players from their championship team from 2018 in Saigeon, Entwistle, and Mattinen.

They also lost some key guys to graduation including their starting goalie, two defenseman and Robert Thomas.

They ended the regular season in the 8th spot and got rolled by Ottawa in 4 straight.

They should be better this season especially if Broberg comes over from Sweden.

Centre Logan Morrison is a kid to watch for the Dogs this year. He could end up playing with AK34.

Reactions: savemefromtears

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Gosh if we get another top 5 next year and maybe Vilardi is ready to go by then. The push to the top my start then

Next years draft class is suppose to be pretty dang good too. Top 10 prospects are all projected to be top line players. Lafreniere is early favorite to go 1st overall but a few Swedes Raymond and Holtz are supposedly going to be great players. A few Fins are highly touted as well. And a Russian goalie by the name of Yaroslav Askarov is probably the best goalie prospect since Carey Price. So if we don't get Lafreniere there's going to be great prospects for us next year.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I would've rather drafted Dustin Wolf over Parik; he reminds me of JQ.

considering what the staff does with goalies and hearing Lukas Parikk was the only available G from thier top 3 .... I'd say they made the right choice... From what i've seen the kid has been getting by on most talent, imagine what he'll be like once Ranford gets to work with him

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I like what LA did this draft. Very happy with Turcotte!
I wanted Brink with LA's 2nd pick and I know D is a position of need but imagine coming away with Turcotte, Brink and Kaliyev! Was a very real possibility

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
So just curious if anyone knows when the develpement Camp is happening and if any of these kids are going to be there? Would love to go check it out.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Another good article from The Athletic by Josh Cooper:

"Alex Turcotte, a gritty two-way center, fell to L.A. with the No. 5 pick in the first round.

Defenseman Tobias Bjornfot was scooped up by Los Angeles with the No. 22 selection. They loved the second-round selection of forward Samuel Fagemo, who an NHL team amateur scout said was fearless in the same mold as Patric Hornqvist.

The same scout said Bjornfot could be an NHL captain some day.

“We got three whales in terms of culture in our opinion in the draft,” Yannetti said in regards to Turcotte, Bjornfot and Fagemo. “If we had come out with one we would have been happy.”

Seriously, a sub is totally worth it. Best hockey coverage for the Kings and nationally, by a longshot.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Another good article from The Athletic by Josh Cooper:

"Alex Turcotte, a gritty two-way center, fell to L.A. with the No. 5 pick in the first round.

Defenseman Tobias Bjornfot was scooped up by Los Angeles with the No. 22 selection. They loved the second-round selection of forward Samuel Fagemo, who an NHL team amateur scout said was fearless in the same mold as Patric Hornqvist.

The same scout said Bjornfot could be an NHL captain some day.

“We got three whales in terms of culture in our opinion in the draft,” Yannetti said in regards to Turcotte, Bjornfot and Fagemo. “If we had come out with one we would have been happy.”

Seriously, a sub is totally worth it. Best hockey coverage for the Kings and nationally, by a longshot.

100% agree. I found a 50% off the first year’s subscription, too. Loving the coverage.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I signed up for a 90 days free thing and I feel like they never charged my CC after the 90 days. To lazy to go back and double check but I do kind of feel a little bad because it's by far my fav sports website.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->