2019 Draft: 3rd Pick: Ilya Konovalov

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
You have not been actually watching the games. The goaltending for the oilers the last two years has been bad as in flat out let in one awful goal per game and another two that should be stopped on many nights.

This teams defense, while not strong, takes way too much blame for the team troubles.

As for the goalie coach, not one goalie has come here and looked much better after time with him, most come here look okay then look awful as time goes on. Some like Brossiot look like a lost cause after a while here only to look good the year after they leave.

you're making my point. systems impact goalies. the edmonton oilers goaltenders' struggles are not because of dustin schwartz.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
you're making my point. systems impact goalies. the edmonton oilers goaltenders' struggles are not because of dustin schwartz.
Wut? No, watch the games. Guys come here look good for a while until Schwartz gets a hold of them and then they fall on their asses, they play awful and give up bad goals. Guy leaves and under a new coach with a fresh start improves. No goalie comes here and actually plays better.

In your way of thinking every single goalie must be exactly the same, it is only the 'system; that makes them good or bad.

Reactions: Aerchon

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
Wut? No, watch the games. Guys come here look good for a while until Schwartz gets a hold of them and then they fall on their asses, they play awful and give up bad goals. Guy leaves and under a new coach with a fresh start improves. No goalie comes here and actually plays better.

In your way of thinking every single goalie must be exactly the same, it is only the 'system; that makes them good or bad.

the system impacts the goalie far more than dustin schwartz does.

Reactions: BleedingOil

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
the system impacts the goalie far more than dustin schwartz does.

McLellan and Hitchcock are all about systems.

Our defense on paper when healthy is slightly above average nhl caliber.

Goaltending has been the biggest goat the last 2 years. Many other issues, but goaltending was the worst.

I can't wait to play Talbot next year. Always good for the first shot to go in against him no matter where from. That f*** face owes us so many bad goals if he has any decency we will be putting up 8 spots on him every time we play him.

Reactions: McFlyingV

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Russia has been producing some quality goaltenders lately.
I can’t seem to find a source on this anymore but I’m sure I heard somewhere that Russia heavily bought into the Finnish goaltending program in the mid-late 2000s, so now we’re seeing the results of that investment with all these young guys. It’s one of the reasons I’d be very comfortable taking Askarov in the first this year.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I can’t seem to find a source on this anymore but I’m sure I heard somewhere that Russia heavily bought into the Finnish goaltending program in the mid-late 2000s, so now we’re seeing the results of that investment with all these young guys. It’s one of the reasons I’d be very comfortable taking Askarov in the first this year.

If Jarvis and Quinn are gone and we don’t have a trade back option to say pick a guy like Foerester in the late 1st and Barron in the early 2nd for example, then yup Askarov would be a good pick for me as well if he’s available.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If Jarvis and Quinn are gone and we don’t have a trade back option to say pick a guy like Foerester in the late 1st and Barron in the early 2nd for example, then yup Askarov would be a good pick for me as well if he’s available.

Askarov and Jarvis are the 2 players I hope are still available at 14 but I think they will both be gone.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I know that Skinner is bigger and the local boy, but this is the guy that I have the most hope in as a goalie. That said goalies are voodoo so what the hell do I know?
What Skinner has in size he lacks in technical ability, whereas Kono has it in spades. His movements are spectacular. Still my favourite prospect we have right now.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Finally got another start today and stopped 22 of 23 shots.

In a loss. He won't see a start again for a long time. Whenever I see a team lose 1-0 I always feel bad for the goalie. It always seems a big F U to the goalie from the team.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
In a loss. He won't see a start again for a long time. Whenever I see a team lose 1-0 I always feel bad for the goalie. It always seems a big F U to the goalie from the team.
"He won't see a start again for a long time IN MY OPINION" or "He MAY not see a start again for a long time" would sound a lot better unless you have a time machine or a crystal ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->