Dylan wells
Sovboda who is already gone
Nagelvoort who is retired
Bouchard who is also retired

We have bad luck drafting goalies

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not a huge fan. About to turn 21, not that big. Had a great year but was really bad before that. It's a late 3rd so whatever

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I dont actually get this pick. We have Starret, Skinner and Rodrigue. That reasonable goalie depth already. I guess Konovalov can continue to light it up in KHL, wont actually take up a spot in Bakersfield... but you'd think we could get more depth elsewhere.

While I guess his stats are good enough for a 3rd, decent upside, I just dont know how we're gonna be able to give them all a fair shot at NHL.

we didn't need more d-men and goalies but that's what we're getting! not thrilled with this pick at all ! :thumbd:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Based on the numbers seems like a decent pick. Guys like Sorokin and Shestyorkhin have developed for years in the KHL. Leave him there and hope he comes over in 2 years.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
His partner on his KHL team is only 19 and has better numbers.
All three goalies on the team have unreal numbers so it's not just him

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Would of preferred a forward but goalies are so important, I think you need to keep picking them until you know you have some stability. Oilers currently dont so I mind picking a goalie.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Interesting pick, probably at least a year away from playing in NA, he can develop in Europe, which is a perfect scenario in my mind

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
As I stated before with Koskinen. Ignore save % because in most khl arenas the home teams keep manual track of shots and let's just say I have seen a few games where 35 shots were awarded but I only counted maybe 20.

North

Jun 25, 2009
we didn't need more d-men and goalies but that's what we're getting! not thrilled with this pick at all ! :thumbd:

Lowetide made a good point regarding previous picks: Holland isn’t attached to those guys because he didn’t pick them.

If this goalie is who he wanted at this pick, he was going to take him regardless of who is in the system.

Reactions: nally

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
I'm Russian and tbh even I'd be sketched out to draft a KHL player. Tough to convince a kid to leave his home country to play in the AHL for less money. Not necessarily a bad pick though.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'm never a huge fan of picking goalies in the top 3 rounds but at least with him he's got home run potential. I actually kind of like that he's older since he should be less volatile as a prospect and goalies are so hard to predict. 3 rounds in and the Oilers have potential impact prospects at F, D, and now G. I'm not sure i love the pick but at least it makes sense and could be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->