2019 Draft: 2nd Pick: Raphael Lavoie

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Love it. Kid definitely has talent. While there may be concerns with his effort level this is a risk I am happy with us taking with our 2nd. Could be a home run.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
All of the quotes on him from the Black Book, gives some insight into why he dropped:
“He was only good for one period. I’ll say this though, he was really good in that period. “ - NHL Scout, October 2018

“He has talent but the compete level is not good. “- NHL Scout, December, 2018

“He is playing bad teams a lot and he isn’t exactly lighting up the league. The Sea Dogs and Acadie are like tier II teams and he’s invisible." - NHL Scout, December 2018

"I'd take Pelletier ahead of him.” - NHL Scout, December 2018

Between his lack of eye popping numbers given his tools and birthdate and everything else I’m hearing I'd have hard time taking him very early.” - NHL Scout, January 2019

“I have a story to tell you about my interview with him.” - NHL Scout, February 2019

“A lot of his skill is individual skill. He doesn't see the ice well and didn't make guys around him better. He isn't good at all defensively but the hope is you could fix that.” - NHL Scout, April 2019

“His defensive game stinks. He’s good with the puck on his tape but even that stuff is all one on one stuff. He doesn't make many plays off the rush or show creativity.” - NHL Scout, April 2019

"I'm not really a big fan.” - NHL Scout, May 2019

"I'd have no problem taking him later in the 1st round.“- NHL Scout, May 2019

“I’m not going to erase what I saw for six months for one month of good play.” HP Scout, Jérôme Bérubé, April 2019

“He’s been an interesting player all season long for me both on ice and getting feedback from a ton of Scouts. They gave me their thoughts of his game and several of them told me about their interviews
with him. We included a quote from one Scout above who told me all about his meeting with the player and he actually spoke to the coach as well. I wanted the player a bit less after getting feedback from him and other Scouts. “- HP Scout, Mark Edwards, April 2019

“He has tools but I don’t like the lack of compete so I'm guessing he’d be gone before I'd be willing to select him. I will give him props for a much stronger second half. All my live viewings were prior to February. I only saw him on video after that.” - HP Scout, Mark Edwards, May 2019

“His Memorial Cup performance was representative of his regular season, a couple of nice flashes here and there but some disappearing acts as well. One of the most frustrating players I have scouted in years. The talent is there but too many question marks come with it.- HP Scout, Jérôme Bérubé, June 2019

“Had two scouts mention him to me as one of their weaker interviews.”- HP Scout, Mark Edwards, June 2019

Last edited:

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
I'd temper expectations about this guy. He's big, one of the oldest players of the draft and this is pretty much his draft +1 year. Lazy player, no defensive game, makes for a tough one. If he gets motivated, he'll be a steal. Hopefully he ends up a bottom sixer at very least

Reactions: HuMz and Pointteen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->