Prospect Info: 2019 Draft: 1st Pick: Philip Broberg - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Yamamoto was a first round pick, Puljujarvi was a high first round pick, Benson and Lavoie were both ranked in the first round...

Conversely, Jones, Bear, Lagesson, Samorukov were all later round picks and were never supposed to be that 'elite' defenseman -- Holland is trying to get one of those guys. We have enough prospects to fill out the 4-6 spots, but we need more guys that have the potential to be a 1-3. That was what Holland was targeting.

I say that's a mistake. Of course we could always use more 1-3 prospects on d, but Not when we have all those options back there. Benson and Yamamoto do not compare at all with our prospects on d. It not even close. We need more forwards now, and also in the future.

It's a clear mistake in my mind. I do like holland overall. Hes been our best gm in a while. Just dont agree at all with the pick for a defencemen.

So in case people dont understand, I'm not calling anyone a bust with this pick. It was the wrong type of pick that's all.

For people to say that this pick is a bust, they are clearly wrong at this point.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I say that's a mistake. Of course we could always use more 1-3 prospects on d, but Not when we have all those options back there. Benson and Yamamoto do not compare at all with our prospects on d. It not even close. We need more forwards now, and also in the future.

It's a clear mistake in my mind. I do like holland overall. Hes been our best gm in a while. Just dont agree at all with the pick for a defencemen.

So in case people dont understand, I'm not calling anyone a bust with this pick. It was the wrong type of pick that's all.

For people to say that this pick is a bust, they are clearly wrong at this point.
If we need more forwards now, then we can trade picks + prospects for them. I didn't agree with the pick at the time, but I also don't have decades of experience building a successful franchise.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
you’re the one completely making things up. Can you show me anything besides HF junk that states Larsson trades have not happened because he has no value? Can you even show one article that shows he has been made available in a trade? Can you post anything besides childish rant about PB&J sammiches?
The only thing I can point too is we have weak forwards and no trades have been made to date. That means we cant find a deal yet.

Let's go with 'proof is in the pudding'. Our scoring and forwards have been a major challenge all year, even when we were in first place. No help has arrived.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The only thing I can point too is we have weak forwards and no trades have been made to date. That means we cant find a deal yet.

Let's go with 'prof is in the pudding'. Our scoring and forwards have been a major challenge all year, even when we were in first place. No help has arrived.

that’s weird because our record actually ranked when we started to fail to be able to keep the puck out of the net. I’m no “prof” either but what proof do you have that Larsson has even been offered in a trade besides the “experts” on the main boards? Does that also mean that every player on the Oilers has been offered up for a trade too since none of them have been traded?

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
that’s weird because our record actually ranked when we started to fail to be able to keep the puck out of the net. I’m no “prof” either but what proof do you have that Larsson has even been offered in a trade besides the “experts” on the main boards? Does that also mean that every player on the Oilers has been offered up for a trade too since none of them have been traded?
I dont have proof larson was offered.
I'm just gonna go back to what I see on the ice and since before draft. I think our depth on defence is significantly higher then up front. If I'm the GM, I make a deal long time ago. That's just my opinion and I'll back it up with 1 million examples.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I dont have proof larson was offered.
I'm just gonna go back to what I see on the ice and since before draft. I think our depth on defence is significantly higher then up front. If I'm the GM, I make a deal long time ago. That's just my opinion and I'll back it up with 1 million examples.
But you haven’t given a single example of Larsson being offered in a trade and the trade not happening...

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Holland's made several offers or assumed offers for Hall and many other forwards. Or at least inquired for forwards all year. He must have offered up some of our players ?

Holland has failed, so far...

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Holland's made several offers or assumed offers for Hall and many other forwards. Or at least inquired for forwards all year. He must have offered up some of our players ?

or just wasn’t desperate as we are doing pretty good this season.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

Let's go with 'proof is in the pudding'. Our scoring and forwards have been a major challenge all year, even when we were in first place. No help has arrived.
Goals For: 148 (16th of 31), Goals Against: 150 (16th of 31)

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

assumed offers because the posters on the main boards said so or because it fits your fantasy?

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
assumed offers because the posters on the main boards said so or because it fits your fantasy?
Lots of news reports of holland inquries all year long with various teams. No fantasy there.

Last edited:

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
To be clear, I like holland over all. I just think this was the wrong pick for our team. If he had to pick him on a hunch, then trade other depth d for forwards.

Were one top six player out of first place, and we have assets back there.

Get it done holland !

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
To be clear, I like holland over all. I just think this was the wrong pick for our team. If he had to pick him on a hunch, then trade other depth d for forwards.

Were one top six player out of first place, and we have assets back there.

Get it done holland !

even if he would have drafted a forward it would make zero difference to our forward depth this season...?

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Not sure how any of that fits your fantasy you have invented based on posts from the main boards though.
Come on. People have thrown larson's name out there a few times as trade possibilities. It's not a fantasy. I insinuated that we couldn't get a forward player yet for larson, and that was wrong thou....no proof he was offered up by oilers. My bad.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
even if he would have drafted a forward it would make zero difference to our forward depth this season...?
I wouldn't go that far. Very small chance that pick plays but if i got more depth, i could trade Yamamoto and Russell for a player now, knowing that pick is coming.

It would have opened up more options...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I wouldn't go that far. Very small chance that pick plays but if i got more depth, i could trade Yamamoto and Russell for a player now, knowing that pick is coming.

It would have opened up more options...

so you’re complaining about forward depth non stop and your solution is to trade a player who has be very good on our 2nd line because we have a guy playing college hockey who might be able to play on the second line in a few years?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Come on. People have thrown larson's name out there a few times as trade possibilities. It's not a fantasy. I insinuated that we couldn't get a forward player yet for larson, and that was wrong thou....no proof he was offered up by oilers. My bad.

no you claimed that he had been offered by Holland and rejected multiple times based on posts from the mains.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
no you claimed that he had been offered by Holland and rejected multiple times based on posts from the mains.
Dont recall or see my post. Please bumb it for me. I said we have larson and have not got a forward for him yet. I think....

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
so you’re complaining about forward depth non stop and your solution is to trade a player who has be very good on our 2nd line because we have a guy playing college hockey who might be able to play on the second line in a few years?
He's an option to trade. For the right player. Easier if we got that other pick coming. You get a bon a fide 2nd liner for a couple years, until the pick is ready. Its conceivable...

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Realistically this kid is gonna take what, 5 years to pan out into a solid NHLer, if ever? I don't know if we have that much time to spare...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->