WC: 2019 Division I, II, III

roki

Jul 7, 2010
Ah okay :) now I understand better your wishes. I thought you were also from Finland and was wondering why do you hope both our relatives, Estonians and Hungarians to get relegated :D I'm not hoping that but I'm afraid of that.

Gonna cheer for Romania!

I just so angry on my neighbours Hungarians for bad performans, maybe they really need to go down, and to do something new from zero. They are too bad lately.
I am sorry for Netherland becouse of missing so many players from Tilburg...and i wish them to stay in this group. They will be maybe even contender for gold this year with Tilburg players. Romania maybe deserved to be first, but they are not level for division 1A. Just Poland or Japan can play in that division. And Ukraina is not so bad to be relegated...A lot of wishes, but realisticaly Hungary will stay, Lihtuania will go down, and Netherland will go down and Romania will go up

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Mikhailis is actually by far the best player born in Kazakhstan. Pleasure to watch. Nice wheels and awesome release on shot.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
If Belarus somehow ties this game in 3rd, then good job Kazakhstan. Result should be like at least 6-1 in their favour already.

And its 2-2. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Next year will be tough in terms of relegation. BLR and KAZ will be much more competitive than ITA and GBR this year. This could bring some surprises then.

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
DIVISION I GROUP A
Round 4 results:

Hungary - Slovenia 0:6
Korea - Lithuania 1:2
Kazakhstan - Belarus 3:2/OT

Current standings:

1. Kazakhstan - 11 pts
Belarus - 10 pts
Korea - 6 pts
Slovenia - 3 pts
Lithuania - 3 pts
Hungary - 3 pts

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
I hope to see Aleksandrov, Jürgens, Kiik, Linde and Jõgi next year with Estonia. At least Lahesalu, Petrov, Sibirtsev and Švarõgin can retire from the national team after this evening.

Koitmaa exchanged to Mölder would be a dream come true. Of course Koitmaa could stay as a backup goalie.

Reactions: ronrein

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I hope to see Aleksandrov, Jürgens, Kiik, Linde and Jõgi next year with Estonia. At least Lahesalu, Petrov, Sibirtsev and Švarõgin can retire from the national team after this evening.

Koitmaa exchanged to Mölder would be a dream come true. Of course Koitmaa could stay as a backup goalie.
Yeah, time to let Lahesalu ride into sunset. He has not played club hockey for years, at some point some fresh-legged youngster from Finnish junior leagues has to be more useful, right?

Reactions: Pardus

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
DIVISION I GROUP B
Round 5 results:

Romania - Netherlands 3:1
Poland - Japan 7:4
Estonia - Ukraine 4:3/OT

FINAL RANKING:

1. Romania - 13 pts - PROMOTED
Poland - 13 pts
Japan - 6 pts
Estonia - 6 pts
Ukraine - 4 pts
6. Netherlands - 3 pts - RELEGATED

ronrein

Mar 8, 2019
Estonia & UK

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing more younger players in our team going forward especially given how well the U20 team performed and there are also some other youngsters that I'd add to the mix with some of the aforementioned guys. Although I was generally very pleased with the performance of the old guys (especially Makrov and Petrov) so out of a fear of relegation I wouldn't even fully do a complete generation change as our roster is already very thin and lacking in several areas - just gotta find the right balance as the better prospects are still really young and inexperienced at the men's level.

I'm kinda on the fence with Mölder and I try to not even get my hopes up waiting for him or any other talented prospect that we have. I know he still hopes to make the Finnish junior team and in the future maybe even he'll try waiting it out for many years to get in to their men's team, who knows but of course it'd be amazing if he'd finally join us. I'm just kinda hoping that Soovik turns out good or that Koitmaa would still be an ok option, he's just really inconsistent so it's hard to fully trust him but overall there are areas that I'd worry more about tbh.

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
out of a fear of relegation I wouldn't even fully do a complete generation change
Next year is the best chance in ages to do the generation change because there is Serbia instead of Holland. By 2021 things with Tilburg guys representing Holland may have changed to more reasonable direction and China has also gotten stronger by then. So 2021 there will be either "Tilburg-Holland" or "KHL/VHL-China" and both of them would be too hard opponents for Estonian youngsters.

Luckily Estonia's best age group, 00's, will face tougher opponents next December/January in U20 1B as a preparation for men's 1B.

I don't want to underestimate Serbia but that's just reality. Is there going to be any Serbian teams in better leagues next season (Erste Liga, AlpsHL etc.)?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad