Post-Game Talk: 2019 Development Camp

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The roster for the camp, beginning tomorrow, has been released:

4 – Goaltenders: Arturs Silovs, Matthew Thiessen, Michael DiPietro & Jake Kielly.
8 – Defencemen: Brogan Rafferty, Ethan Frisch, Jett Woo, Josh Teves, Lucas Peric, Mitch Eliot, Paul DeNaples, Toni Utunen.
14 – Forwards: Adrian Elefalk, Aidan McDonough, Carson Focht, Darien Craighead, Ethan Keppen, Henry Bowlby, Jack Malone, Karel Plasek, Keegan Stevenson, Liam Finlay, Linus Karlsson, Nils Hoglander, Tyler Madden & Will Lockwood.

It's good to see that two college guys, Madden and Lockwood, will be there, but on the other hand Rathbone isn't on the list.

Any intel on the invites?

Here's the article, from Canucks Army:

Canucks announce development camp roster

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Does anyone know why Costmar isn't attending?

Outside of the Russians and Hughes, he's the only recent draftee not attending.

Edit: He was injured at the end of last season. That could be it.

The 5'11" and 181 lbs winger battled some injuries to close out the season, but is a high motor play that loves to make things happen.

Deep Dive: The New Guys

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Adrian Elefalk, an invite from Sweden, has serious bloodlines. His grandmother, Ann Elefalk, is in the Swedish Bandy Hall of Fame.

17. Ann Elefalk

Also, his father is a hockey agent and happens to represent ... Loui Eriksson

Elefalk is my new favourite long-shot. (I wrote off Sacha Guimond a few weeks ago.)

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Although Rathbone won't be there, another Harvard guy will: Henry Bowlby is entering his junior season for the Crimson.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Forwards
NamePosBornHeightLeagueTeamGPGAPtsP/GP
Finlay, LiamW'975'7NCAAU of Denver411620360.88
Elefalk, AdrianW'995'11SuperElitBrynas J20311511260.84
Stevenson, KeeganC'006'1OHLGuelph551915340.62
Craighead, DarienW'976'1NCAANorthern Michigan361010200.56
Bowlby, HenryC'976'1NCAAHarvard2958130.45
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Defense
NamePosBornHeightLeagueTeamGPGAPtsP/GP
DeNaples, PaulD'986'0NCAAPenn State39212140.36
Peric, LucasD'016'0OHLOttawa53314170.32
Frisch, EthanD'005'11USHLFargo57413170.30
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

- Stevenson was a 1st year draft eligible. Ranked 95th NA skater by CS. Brock from OHLProspects had him ranked 22nd out of OHL-eligible players.
- Peric was a 1st year draft eligible. Not ranked. Brock had him ranked 36th out of OHL-eligible players.
- Frisch was a 1st year draft eligible. Not ranked.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
The open practices begin at UBC at 9:15 this morning. Anyone going?
Tomorrow will probably be the only day i go, and its only because i have to leave for my parkade cleaning. I prefer it held at Rogers more than UBC.

Not a very exciting roster, Hog and Malone are my biggest draws.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tomorrow will probably be the only day i go, and its only because i have to leave for my parkade cleaning. I prefer it held at Rogers more than UBC.

Not a very exciting roster, Hog and Malone are my biggest draws.

Detailed Feebster report incoming. Right? I said ... Right?

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Also, his father is a hockey agent and happens to represent ... Loui Eriksson
Some other clients he has or has had include the Sedins, Alfie, Sundin, Kronwall, Backlund and non-hockey athletes like Fredrik Ljungberg and Mark Viduka. Adrian had a decent season but that's probably not the only reason he was invited ;)

Reactions: lindgren

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Early thoughts... Malone looks to have good size, but it may also be because he is always grouped with Hog/Lockwood/Finlay. He looks good in the drills. Madden still looks very thin, but still the best skater for the forwards.

Elefalk in the short time I watched him looks very rough, in terms of skating and puck control. Their group moved to the other end of the rink so I didn't pay too close of attention after the first part.

Hog flashed some skill. On the agility stop/start drills, he fell a couple times and had the coaches talking to him. Never really seen someone lower their bottom hand on their stick that low. Maybe two inches off the blade.

E: Keppen has beaten DiPietro clean top corner twice in the rush drills.

They've moved on to 2v2 rushes. Utunen made a great pokecheck on Hog and hit him in the corner. Hog recovered to find the puck and make a pass. Then on another rush Utunen blocked Lockwood's pass.

Elefalk might be the most talkative guy on the ice. He chats with everyone.

2v1 drills: Madden made a nice pass under a defenders stick. Make that two. Hog made a bar down snipe that drew cheers. Hog again with some cheers, he scored a backhand top shelf shot on silovs. It was quite nice.

I don't know if they are trying for headshots on the goalies but Silovs got one in the mask hard and knocked off his strap. He didn't look too happy. Then the next shot got DiPietro and the same thing happened.

Defenders only now. Teves is the smoothest skater here.

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Early thoughts... Malone looks to have good size, but it may also be because he is always grouped with Hog/Lockwood/Finlay. He looks good in the drills. Madden still looks very thin, but still the best skater for the forwards.

Elefalk in the short time I watched him looks very rough, in terms of skating and puck control. Their group moved to the other end of the rink so I didn't pay too close of attention after the first part.

Hog flashed some skill. On the agility stop/start drills, he fell a couple times and had the coaches talking to him. Never really seen someone lower their bottom hand on their stick that low. Maybe two inches off the blade.

E: Keppen has beaten DiPietro clean top corner twice in the rush drills.

They've moved on to 2v2 rushes. Utunen made a great pokecheck on Hog and hit him in the corner. Hog recovered to find the puck and make a pass. Then on another rush Utunen blocked Lockwood's pass.

Elefalk might be the most talkative guy on the ice. He chats with everyone.

2v1 drills: Madden made a nice pass under a defenders stick. Make that two. Hog made a bar down snipe that drew cheers. Hog again with some cheers, he scored a backhand top shelf shot on silovs. It was quite nice.

I don't know if they are trying for headshots on the goalies but Silovs got one in the mask hard and knocked off his strap. He didn't look too happy. Then the next shot got DiPietro and the same thing happened.

Defenders only now. Teves is the smoothest skater here.

Terrific report. You didn't let us down.

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
Any news on... any players or events? Would like to know more about how these kids are developing!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad