2019 Copa America

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Yup. Good penalty awarded to Brazil. Needless as it looked as the the keeper was going to volley the loose ball to me.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Thats literally the exact same foul Arthur committed against Otamendi in the semis and didn't get rewarded with a pen

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Firmino and Alisson both with a champions league and major international trophy within weeks of each other. :cool:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I watch so many games in so many competitions....I watch many other sports as well..
What Zambrano did was a foul but I've already pointed to hockey as having a better penalty shot rule and football could take it further by looking at the NFL as well. On pass interference they rule whether a ball was catchable...did the foul that was committed have an impact?

I would argue that what Zambrano did was a foul but Gallese was going to scoop that up no matter what so how do you allow someone to take a spot kick from 8 yards? Hopefully someday rule makers wake up and have the punishment fit the crime....this archaic practice just has too much impact on the game.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Thought it was weak.
Exactly. He was going for the ball. If you call that you call at least 10 yellow per game. I don't care that Jesus was frustrated about a tackle you call the game. It was a ridiculous yellow to give.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Crybaby Messi boycotts the medal ceremony after another subpar international performance.

delete your account

@Duchene2MacKinnon waited too long for this day but it finally upon us

Yup, waited too long but its 50% his fault 50% coaching. Like I said hopefully now the insane baseless speculation of Messi/Dybala combo not working can be put to rest.Dybala as a striker Messi behind would be magical.

Messi shoved first. I think the red was a bit harsh but he initiated the situation so it's not exactly unfair either. Should have walked away if he didn't like the escalation.

LOL

Thats literally the exact same foul Arthur committed against Otamendi in the semis and didn't get rewarded with a pen

Nah Arthur was to the throat.

Am I crazy for thinking that Alisson deserves serious consideration for the Ballon D'or?

You're crazy either way.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So, Conmebol threatening to ban Messi for 2 years. AFA want the referee to be fired and are claiming to leave the Conmebol altogether and play in the league of nations. I doubt any of this comes true but there's clearly some issues that need to be resolved for next years Copa.

However, I for one always loved the League of Nations. Very prestigious and historic competition.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Now that's damn spot on as well.
If Messi thinks there's corruption (and quite frankly, it's entirely possible), then keep in mind some Barca decisions.

Reactions: Cassano and YNWA14

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
AFA should strip him of captaincy and CONMEBOL should give them a hefty fine, but I don't know if a lengthy ban serves any purpose. Until the next tournament perhaps.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Now that's damn spot on as well.
If Messi thinks there's corruption (and quite frankly, it's entirely possible), then keep in mind some Barca decisions.

Except barca never wins a trophy based on corruption. This tournament has been a complete farce.

AFA should strip him of captaincy and CONMEBOL should give them a hefty fine, but I don't know if a lengthy ban serves any purpose. Until the next tournament perhaps.

You have a hard on lol

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Neither Brazil. It was in the semis.
And they won in the final when they didn’t have any business being there. The game you and your captain are referring to didn’t lead barca to a trophy. They got out next round.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
71ADF331-F047-4172-A20A-D8A4CE04862C.jpeg

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And they won in the final when they didn’t have any business being there. The game you and your captain are referring to didn’t lead barca to a trophy. They got out next round.
And maybe prevented PSG from winning?

How lame of an excuse is this? Corruption is fine if the team doesn't win the title in the end? :dunno:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Messi probably never watched a Libertadores match in his life. Of course, there's strong bias from the refs in favor of the home team... just go watch what the refs did to CAP against Boca in La Bombonera this edition. If this Copa America were host in Argentina/Uruguay there would be a lot of favorable calls to them instead. It's just how the Conmebol works. Brazil didn't win cause of it, though. Despite not having Neymar and playing dreadful they still are better than all other SA NTs. VAR indeed was a joke in this tournament, though.

Reactions: YNWA14

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messi probably never watched a Libertadores match in his life. Of course, there's strong bias from the refs in favor of the home team... just go watch what the refs did to CAP against Boca in La Bombonera this edition. If this Copa America were host in Argentina/Uruguay there would be a lot of favorable calls to them instead. It's just how the Conmebol works. Brazil didn't win cause of it, though. Despite not having Neymar and playing dreadful they still are better than all other SA NTs. VAR indeed was a joke in this tournament, though.

Good thing Argentina host it next year.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That's exactly my view too.

Brazil was the best team of the tournament and won the cup. The refs made poor decision that could have impacted the results (definately) but not to the point that there is no way they would have not win. They were far above any of the competititor and may I say played the best as a team (thankfully Neymar was out)

Reactions: John Pedro

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
That's exactly my view too.

Brazil was the best team of the tournament and won the cup. The refs made poor decision that could have impacted the results (definately) but not to the point that there is no way they would have not win. They were far above any of the competititor and may I say played the best as a team (thankfully Neymar was out)

I am not sure they were far above either Colombia or Uruguay and would have liked to see those teams face Brazil, but I guess PKs are part of the game so credit to Brazil for not stumbling to lesser teams when facing those penalty shootouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->