2019 Copa America

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Who else is gonna win though? Colombia and Chile aren't threats to me with how out of form some of those players are. There's really only them and Brazil.

The safe money is not to bet on anyone. They all got problems.

Neymar ruptured ankle ligaments again, so this is clearly now a career long issue. He is out for the tournament.

Brasil's backline is a bunch of fossils plus Marquinhos. Who in the hell did Silva not make it over f***ing Miranda lol. With Neymar's injury this busts the tournament wide open.

Argentina if they were completely incompetent would be also in the mix. Sadly, some PSG reject is starting in their midfield over studs like ascacibar. Dybala is in no mans land. ADM is still running around aimlessly before he tears a hammy probably in the semis. Kun will limp off in game #2 and Messi will just get a headache from the circus around him. I assume Mori will do something highly entertain and stupid.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Qatar is sending almost the same squad that they won the Asian Cup with, so this could be a good test of showing what they're capable of in 2022.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Neymar ruptured ankle ligaments again, so this is clearly now a career long issue. He is out for the tournament.

He got 97 caps at 27 years old, thats A LOT of milleage in his legs. If he wants a long career, he will have to pull a Totti and retire from Brazil or play competitive games only.

And FYI, never bet for the Copa America. Who knows who will win but I know it wont be Chile, they keep calling the same oldheads :laugh: Obviously I want Falcao to win something for his last tournament hes done so much for his country but the coach is a fool.

Uruguay got the most complete squad. Followed by Brazil but I will keep an eye on Peru and Venezuela,

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So, Scaloni has indicted that he thinks the best starting lineup he can muster is the one starting tonight. This means he believes ADM is a bench player over the likes of Suarez. Acuna and Taglifico its a toss up at this point with neither locking their spot. Not sure what Taglifico needs to do. As anyone can see he's their only LB.

And Pezzella their best defender is regulated to the bench. This is gonna be WC 2018 all over again. Get this boy out of the NT please, he's so in over his head. Like I said before they named him full time coach its a huge mistake. I'm not even sure if he's coached in the top flight anywhere. Get Gallardo in he since, he hasn't departed for Europe I assume he doesnt want to go there.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Amazed by the lack of coverage on it but Willian has replaced Neymar and will take his #10 lol. Between Tite and Scaloni @John Pedro and I have much to cry about.

I sincerely don't care much about Brazilian NT... I'm more excited about former Sao Paulo's players in the squad like David Neres, Casemiro and Militao than the team itself. I'd be more satisfied with Uruguay winning it than Brazil. Hope David Neres can win a starting spot with Neymar fake injury, tho.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I sincerely don't care much about Brazilian NT... I'm more excited about former Sao Paulo's players in the squad like David Neres, Casemiro and Militao than the team itself. I'd be more satisfied with Uruguay winning it than Brazil. Hope David Neres can win a starting spot with Neymar fake injury, tho.

What isn’t that sin?

You think Neymar is faking it?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
What isn’t that sin?

You think Neymar is faking it?

Everything about Neymar seems fake and this injury was pretty convenient for him with all that rape situation he's been into. Even CBF's vice president said before the game that he through Neymar would ask to not play in the Copa because of this rape thing then he got injured in the early goings of a friendly...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Everything about Neymar seems fake and this injury was pretty convenient for him with all that rape situation he's been into. Even CBF's vice president said before the game that he through Neymar would ask to not play in the Copa because of this rape thing then he got injured in the early goings of a friendly...
Yeah, I read the Vice President’s comment. Although Neymar did post a pic of his injury. Btw he entered the police station in a wheelchair.

Reactions: John Pedro

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Watched pockets of yesterday’s friendly Argentina vs Nicaragua. Messi scores a goal that if any other player scored they would be talking about it for months. Although we have to consider the competition. Lo Celso put in a performance and show real chemistry with Messi. That is the biggest take away from the match. Those two looked amazing together.

Scaloni also said he would make 2/3 changes for the start of copa. One has to assume Suárez is a goner he offered nothing. The other change must be Tagliafico and Pezzella. If it’s only 2 changes then it should the defensive ones.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This thing kicks off tomorrow

tenor.gif

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Im rooting for Bolivia, even though I dont know anything about their squad.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

All this nonsense about Pukki, terrible celebrations, LFC losing the league before the season starts. Some fake Euro competition. Put that noise away. Real football is upon us.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sorry man. Argentina would win if Pukki was playing instead of Messi.

Seriously though, how is Rodriguez of all people in that team.
No idea but is that discourage me from getting excited not in the slightest. Well it did initially now I'm just happy to be here.

There are plenty of better options than him and the PSG rejects but the back line is solid. And Lo Celso/Kun/Messi should be lethal. if and this is a big if Scaloni can properly implement a structure within the team Argentina may have a slight, outside, one in a billion, slim chance of not completely embarrassing themselves.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Argentina always makes such bizarre decisions, imo.

One of many reasons holding the lack of a World Cup against Messi is absurd to me.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Except Messi has had a massive role behind those decisions. So much so that especially Sampaoli acted like his assistant.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Argentina always makes such bizarre decisions, imo.

One of many reasons holding the lack of a World Cup against Messi is absurd to me.

There is no more corrupt federation than the AFA. No other federation has almost killed their entire NT.(dead serious look it up) no other federation makes players pay for the expenses. From meals, accommodation, transportation and GET THIS THE CAPTAIN PAYS FOR THEIR SECURITY GUARDS. No other federation doesn't pay the coaches. Argentina is bizzaro world.

Except Messi has had a massive role behind those decisions. So much so that especially Sampaoli acted like his assistant.

hold on

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's absurd when a head coach is asking a player what substitutes to make, even more so in the middle of a match. Then when they lose the player invites the coaching staff to a meeting and gives them a notion of no confidence. Mad.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yup that is true just like how Lo Celso was set to start in the WC and then he beat Messi in a ping pong match Messi got upset and banished him. Yet, they’re inseparable in practice now. Lio was also sooo impressed with Pavon and forced Barca to sign him. Yup all verified and all makes perfect sense.

He also benched his best friend against France. Total senses.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
**** raptors won... why not La Albiceleste?
Well one thing in relation is that the raptors have a great backroom/management team. Unfortunately, in comparison the Argentina national team is run by incompetence.

Saying that, I still think that if they get some breaks (as most champions need I their favour) and build up some early team positive team spirit Messi can potentially drag them to a victory here.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Hated that midfield. Casemiro and Fernandinho should never play together. Allan would be a better Arthur's replacement in this case. Excited to see Richarlison and David Neres in the flanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad