2019 Copa America

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I have seen the whole game and there is no controversy at all. Argentina played like shit and Brazil were clearly better and deserved the win.

If anything I am surprised no Argentina player(s) were red carded for constant winning to the refs.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have seen the whole game and there is no controversy at all. Argentina played like **** and Brazil were clearly better and deserved the win.

If anything I am surprised no Argentina player(s) were red carded for constant winning to the refs.
Lol what the f*** is this?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Lol what the **** is this?
Argentina created nothing from open play. They were overly agressive all game and that cost them the first goal. They "tried" but failed to materialize any real chances.

As for the penalty appeal for Aguero would have been a joke if called. The brazilian defense covered perfectly the angle and cutted down the pass, it would have been a real sham to give a weak highly questionable penalty that looked more like an accidental contact. If the ball ever reached to Aguero there could have been a real case though.

As for the bump from Arthur to Otamendi, they could definately make a case for a penalty because it's obvious that Arthur blocked him but again the ball is nowhere there, contacts in the box during corners happen all the time and unless they call them every single time (which have never been the case) but it was definately questionable. I give you that and should have been VAR.

Overall Brazil was by far superior in all aspect of the game and managed well the ball while Argentina was constantly arguing to the refs (I thought he was very lenient and could have booked a couple players) and overly agressive.

Refs did not win this game for Brazil. Argentina lost it and the better team won. Simple.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Argentina created nothing from open play. They were overly agressive all game and that cost them the first goal. They "tried" but failed to materialize any real chances.

As for the penalty appeal for Aguero would have been a joke if called. The brazilian defense covered perfectly the angle and cutted down the pass, it would have been a real sham to give a weak highly questionable penalty that looked more like an accidental contact. If the ball ever reached to Aguero there could have been a real case though.

As for the bump from Arthur to Otamendi, they could definately make a case for a penalty because it's obvious that Arthur blocked him but again the ball is nowhere there, contacts in the box during corners happen all the time and unless they call them every single time (which have never been the case) but it was definately questionable. I give you that and should have been VAR.

Overall Brazil was by far superior in all aspect of the game and managed well the ball while Argentina was constantly arguing to the refs (I thought he was very lenient and could have booked a couple players) and overly agressive.

Refs did not win this game for Brazil. Argentina lost it and the better team won. Simple.

Except for the two posts and constant pressure in the 2nd half.

The Brasilian defender was Alves and he didn't cut down anything but Kun's legs. You can't hacked down players and say "oh well the ball wasn't there"... the art of the one two would be dead if that were the case.

Bump my ass it was a shoulder body check to the throat. He leaned and again off the ball it is a red like the other one.

Far superior man were you even watching. Brasil were embarrassing. Only thing they were superior was wasting time and flopping.

This post is incredibly out of touch that it bears no response to be honest. Just highly embarrassing. I'll leave it at that.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Except for the two posts and constant pressure in the 2nd half.

The Brasilian defender was Alves and he didn't cut down anything but Kun's legs. You can't hacked down players and say "oh well the ball wasn't there"... the art of the one two would be dead if that were the case.

Bump my ass it was a shoulder body check to the throat. He leaned and again off the ball it is a red like the other one.

Far superior man were you even watching. Brasil were embarrassing. Only thing they were superior was wasting time and flopping.

This post is incredibly out of touch that it bears no response to be honest. Just highly embarrassing. I'll leave it at that.
Re-look again the Alves/Kun incident. Alves is clearly looking at the player with the ball and he is going in that direction. Kun run in his path and get caught up and fall down. The ball was clear by the defender. If you give a penalty on that it would imply that accidental contact that does not result in a scoring chance should be considered a penalty. If you do that you would see football becoming worse than a diving competition with players running straight at defender and fall down. Obviously this is not a penalty.

As for the Athur shoulder bump as I mentioned deserved another look and definately should have been VAR and resulted in a card but please never a red card. Funny that you mention how brazilian were flopping but fail to realize that Otamendi acted like he was shot in that sequence. Really pathetic.

As for Brazil they completely dominated the first portion of the first half until they scored and after that they settled down defensively.

The only chance after came from a set piece from a nice header that hit the post and could have gone in but did not. Other than that Argentina created not much. As for the other post it was not really well striken and Alisson was well positioned and would have saved it if would have been on target.

Argentina did press like mad men in the 2nd half but honestly brazil were never threatened and did well to control the ball. Again from a neutral point of view I don't see Argentina as really threatening and Brazil did a good job controling the ball and forcing fouls. The result was justified and Argentina are acting as sour loser IMO.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

First off, let's start with the obvious - off-ball fouls are still fouls.
Penalties are given all the time when players are pulling a shirt of a guy and the ball is coming in nowhere near the two players in question.

Alves on Aquero:

Clear cut foul. Now, yes, Brazilian defense clears the ball, but when the ball is passed forward, neither Alves nor Aquero knows what will happen.
Also, how exactly is that "ACCIDENTAL contact"?

Arhur on Otamendi is a foul even in rugby or hockey, off the ball bodycheck. Otamendi is watching the ball only, Arthur watches only the player and fouls him.

And while, yes, Argentina played some mediocre football, where exactly is it written that sides playing better football always wins?
Or maybe sides playing better football should have refs overlook clear cut pens because the other side "doesn't deserve it"?
Not to mention that even so they actually DID create some chances from open play, including hitting the post twice?

One goal, penalty or not, may completely change a game. Maybe if Argentina scores the momentum changes, maybe Brazil feel pressured to attack and open themselves up for counters, etc.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
First off, let's start with the obvious - off-ball fouls are still fouls.
Penalties are given all the time when players are pulling a shirt of a guy and the ball is coming in nowhere near the two players in question.

Alves on Aquero:

Clear cut foul. Now, yes, Brazilian defense clears the ball, but when the ball is passed forward, neither Alves nor Aquero knows what will happen.
Also, how exactly is that "ACCIDENTAL contact"?

Arhur on Otamendi is a foul even in rugby or hockey, off the ball bodycheck. Otamendi is watching the ball only, Arthur watches only the player and fouls him.

And while, yes, Argentina played some mediocre football, where exactly is it written that sides playing better football always wins?
Or maybe sides playing better football should have refs overlook clear cut pens because the other side "doesn't deserve it"?
Not to mention that even so they actually DID create some chances from open play, including hitting the post twice?

One goal, penalty or not, may completely change a game. Maybe if Argentina scores the momentum changes, maybe Brazil feel pressured to attack and open themselves up for counters, etc.

I have watched the first clip at least 1000 times and to me you cannot give a penalty. The angle you showed don't put Alves in the frame until the contact.
See this angle. Alves is 100% looking at the player with the ball and he is going in that direction
Aguero is just running full speed in the blind spot of Alves and get clipped accidentaly and fall down. It is never a penalty because As I mentioned any forward could run to any defender in the box get contact, dive and get rewarded. This would set bad precedent. Alves was simply holding his position and looking at the ball, he never saw Aguero until he went in front of him. It is accidental contact and not a penalty.

As for Arthur as I mentioned it should have been awarded and reviewed. The game was still 2-0 brazil and as I mentioned they did not create anything the only real chance was the post in the first half and it was on a free kick and not from open play.

Brazil was the better team, they scored more and rightfully won. End.

member 305909

Aren't they going change again the schedule of Copa America?

member 305909

This silly system of invited teams is often ridiculed about Copa America but if there were only the 10 South-American teams there couldn't be any other tournament-format than two groups of five and that requires five play-days and is therefore slower than having three groups of four which requires only three play-days.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So the ref is the cousin of the other ref. Chile wanted to fight him since the start and yet Messi gets a red for what? f*** this copa f*** conmebol

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dybala and Messi worked like it was always going to. Some moronic coaches and commentators basing this off of nothing

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Seeing the play again what a complete jackass the ref is. The fix is in I guess. Luckily next year it’ll be Argentina’s turn

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The Messi red card was hilarious. Other than running away from Medel, not sure what he's suppose to do there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad