Prospect Info: 2019 Blues Prospect Camp

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Something of Perunovich skating isn't good. I don't know is it fatingue or what, but it was worrisome and somethimes he looked he will fall down, somethimes it looked he had bad skate blades.. Idk.

Btw Kostin pull out pretty nice shootout goal ala Kutserov move.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Kostin’s shootout goal was nasty.

Korac has a few tweets about him and quoted Tim Taylor who had some pretty high praise for Klim. I wonder how much of it is true and how much of it is pumping his tires to give him confidence/keep him motivated(though I don’t know if Kostin can read English well enough to understand it or not).

EDIT:Lou actually has a blog post about him. Seems to have a pretty good attitude.

I found this quote from Klim hilarious: “I got in a couple of fights after somebody from the other team hit our guys. I can’t not fight this guy after he like crush our guy.”

I remember one of his first preseason games against Dallas he flattened a Star in open ice just inside the offensive blue line, played the puck quickly to Thomas who buried it but the goal didn’t count because Klim was kicking the shit out of a guy in a fight :laugh: They still play the clip of that hit during their big hits montage at Enterprise Center.

Last edited:

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
Kostin’s shootout goal was nasty.

Korac has a few tweets about him and quoted Tim Taylor who had some pretty high praise for Klim. I wonder how much of it is true and how much of it is pumping his tires to give him confidence/keep him motivated(though I don’t know if Kostin can read English well enough to understand it or not).

EDIT:Lou actually has a blog post about him. Seems to have a pretty good attitude.

I found this quote from Klim hilarious: “I got in a couple of fights after somebody from the other team hit our guys. I can’t not fight this guy after he like crush our guy.”

I remember one of his first preseason games against Dallas he flattened a Star in open ice just inside the offensive blue line, played the puck quickly to Thomas who buried it but the goal didn’t count because Klim was kicking the **** out of a guy in a fight :laugh: They still play the clip of that hit during their big hits montage at Enterprise Center.

I think the guy he flattened out was Roope Hintz

Reactions: stl76

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Something of Perunovich skating isn't good. I don't know is it fatingue or what, but it was worrisome and somethimes he looked he will fall down, somethimes it looked he had bad skate blades.. Idk.

Btw Kostin pull out pretty nice shootout goal ala Kutserov move.
Perunovich needs to lengthen his stride. It was really choppy. He doesn’t kick his heels up too much which helps increase his stride rate, he’s still pretty fast, but if he lengthens his stride he’ll absolutely fly.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
I'm glad that last scrimmage was uploaded.

Kostin is going to be a fan favorite if he can crack the NHL, he was definitely having the most fun out there and making sure everyone else was too.

Bokk showed some great skill but also frustration from others not keeping up or doing what he wanted. Reminded me of a young Perron a bit.

Toropchenko loves to take it to the net, not bad at holding onto the puck either.

Perunovich has some nifty mits, he may make a better forward than D, hard to tell with this half-assed 4v4

Laferriere was making some nice passes and good shots.

Tucker plays a physical brand of D that is fun to watch, good at forcing a guy off the puck. Also some surprising flashes of finesse.

Hrabik seems to be pretty defensively responsible and not bad in the O-zone either. Reminded me of Berglund.

Others that stood out at times were: Washkurak (both good and bad), McGing with some slick plays, Jackson & Curry with some nice shots, Kucharek also was noticeable.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I was at Thursday's camp so I'll add a few things I remember.

The goalies were solid. Colten Ellis seems to handle the puck well.

I thought Krystoff Hrabick was good with the puck ad had good presence.

Keenan Washkurak scored the 4 on 3 goal with the goalie pulled to tie it up late and send it to ot.

Mitchell Balmas scored a nice breakaway goal.

Nikolaj Christiansen was a decent puck handler, passer and played good D.

Hugh McGing has a good shot and good speed.

Pat Curry impressed me. He made 2 nice passes, had decent moves, good speed and scored a nice goal.

Nikita Alexandrov had nice 3 on 1 with Schnieder and Laferriere. Don't remember who got the goal (Laferriere maybe?) on the play but always good to see a 3 on 1 finished well. He seemed a little hesitant at times but I think that will get better with experience.

Klim Kostin plays a physical game. He has nice speed and power. He made a nice saucer pass early and made a nice move at the blueline for the lone assist on the overtime winner. I think he will eventually make the Blues and be a decent banger with some offensive skill.

Alexei Toropchenko is another player I think will make the Blues. He scored a breakaway goal, displayed good passing and had several good shots. He did pass up one good chance to shoot from a high danger area though and attempted a pass instead.

Dominik Bokk has a ROCKET shot. He had several good chances Thursday but none went in. He has a great wrist shot and can get the shot off quick and even when in heavy traffic. He has a good chance of becoming an NHL sniper and scoring quite a few goals for the Blues.
Thanks for posting this! Highly appreciated:)

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Only if he wins spot on big team which seems highly unlikely.

Yep. Pretty sure the Blues played a part in Bokk getting loaned out to Rogle for this next season instead of Växjö as well so clearly they’re on board with that plan.

My understanding is Rogle’s coach used to be the coach for the Växjö Jr team, where Bokk had a lot of success, so hopefully that works out well for Bokk.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Yep. Pretty sure the Blues played a part in Bokk getting loaned out to Rogle for this next season instead of Växjö as well so clearly they’re on board with that plan.

My understanding is Rogle’s coach used to be the coach for the Växjö Jr team, where Bokk had a lot of success, so hopefully that works out well for Bokk.

Also, Rogle plays a special significance for our main Swedish/Euro scout, Stefan Elvenes. His son Lukas has played for Rogle, and it’s also where we got Krag to play before he bailed back to Denmark (to no discernible benefit to his career, btw). Lukas was drafted by Vegas, and imo has a bright future. It may just be a coincidence, but two players in our pipeline ending up in Rogle within a few years, when our main Euro scout’s son came up through that team, seems to indicate some sort of connection, for better or worse. Either way, Bokk should get a good opportunity next year. I know his ice time went up and down fairly drastically last season, splitting time between Vaxjo’s first line, their 3rd/4th line, and their junior team. So who knows if Bokk is able to stick in a role with a different team, but maybe our influence carries more weight with Rogle than Vaxjo bc of the connection. Who knows at this point

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Wow Hancock had a nice shootout goal. He had good PPG stats in the OHL.

Kostin dumped a kid in the middle of the defensive zone. He's a brute.

Bokk with a super slick pass. He's a step ahead mentally with the talent to stand out.

Perunovich moves the puck very quickly and accurately in the defensive zone. I like his agility and sharp senses. Another guy who is a step ahead mentally.

McGing is aggressive and hard on the puck to go with some speed/agility and puck handling ability.

I like that we've got 23 year old former Jr. Blue and current C at BU, Pat Curry, at our prospect camp.

Ellis has real solid positioning and is tall in the net. He reminds me of Elliott's style.

Robby Jackson, the 21 year old out of CA who just finished at St. Cloud with a .81 PPG and +46 stat line, has been noticeable. He played a few games with SA last season.

Balmas with some heads up plays. He makes quick decisions and has decent skating and good positioning to go with good stick skill. Former CHL & QMJHL champ who scored at a .78 PPG pace at +47

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Also, Rogle plays a special significance for our main Swedish/Euro scout, Stefan Elvenes. His son Lukas has played for Rogle, and it’s also where we got Krag to play before he bailed back to Denmark (to no discernible benefit to his career, btw). Lukas was drafted by Vegas, and imo has a bright future. It may just be a coincidence, but two players in our pipeline ending up in Rogle within a few years, when our main Euro scout’s son came up through that team, seems to indicate some sort of connection, for better or worse. Either way, Bokk should get a good opportunity next year. I know his ice time went up and down fairly drastically last season, splitting time between Vaxjo’s first line, their 3rd/4th line, and their junior team. So who knows if Bokk is able to stick in a role with a different team, but maybe our influence carries more weight with Rogle than Vaxjo bc of the connection. Who knows at this point

Interesting. Didn’t know that Rögle/Elvenes connection.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I'm glad that last scrimmage was uploaded.

Kostin is going to be a fan favorite if he can crack the NHL, he was definitely having the most fun out there and making sure everyone else was too.

Bokk showed some great skill but also frustration from others not keeping up or doing what he wanted. Reminded me of a young Perron a bit.

Toropchenko loves to take it to the net, not bad at holding onto the puck either.

Perunovich has some nifty mits, he may make a better forward than D, hard to tell with this half-assed 4v4

Laferriere was making some nice passes and good shots.

Tucker plays a physical brand of D that is fun to watch, good at forcing a guy off the puck. Also some surprising flashes of finesse.

Hrabik seems to be pretty defensively responsible and not bad in the O-zone either. Reminded me of Berglund.

Others that stood out at times were: Washkurak (both good and bad), McGing with some slick plays, Jackson & Curry with some nice shots, Kucharek also was noticeable.
I really think tucker could be like Eddy 2.0 with a little more hockey sense and feel for the game....and a dash of finesse lol

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I really think tucker could be like Eddy 2.0 with a little more hockey sense and feel for the game....and a dash of finesse lol

I think getting a bottom pairing guy in Tucker is great. But I also see Eddy as a solid second pairing guy. I don’t think Tucker will be as good.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I think getting a bottom pairing guy in Tucker is great. But I also see Eddy as a solid second pairing guy. I don’t think Tucker will be as good.
Yeah, it depends if he can improve his feet the way Eddy did. If he does, he could be a serious player, has a high defensive IQ and really reads the game well with and without the puck

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I haven’t seen enough of Tucker to guess at hockey IQ. Eddy’s isn’t elite, but he has pretty solid IQ imo.

I think next year he returns to form. I think he was thinking way too much and lost confidence last year after the first 30 games.

I don’t think he ever got it back and did t take the step forward we expected. I also wonder if being and RFA year added extra pressure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad