OT: 2019 Blue Bomber (10-6) Regular Season Thread - Oct 19 @ Calgary (10-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Good start to the season, nice to see Harris is still awesome
Hopefully Nichols is good enough this season

Reactions: sipowicz

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Riders sign Bryan Bennett (just back and forth from Winnipeg to Sask to Winnipeg to Sask for that guy).

Collaros on 6 game IR. Riders were going to struggle with Collaros, after watching Fajardo and Harker...well I'm not sure how much better than MTL they are.

Reactions: sipowicz

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Really impressed with the O line. Gray and Hardrick were dominate and the whole O Line gave huge holes for Harris to run through. Hopefully Matthews can come back and give us a presence in the receiving corps because I think that offense could become explosive. BC's front 7 was pretty bad though.

The D was good and got better in that 2nd half I thought. Hecht was impressive. I can see why they could Lautner leave, Hecht is way more steady in the back and instead of Reilly putting up over 400 on us we held him to 300. Plus our front 7 was really good, they pressured and took away the run very early.

The reffing sucked but its the CFL its going to suck hopefully it just sucks in the other teams direction

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Really impressed with the O line. Gray and Hardrick were dominate and the whole O Line gave huge holes for Harris to run through. Hopefully Matthews can come back and give us a presence in the receiving corps because I think that offense could become explosive. BC's front 7 was pretty bad though.

The D was good and got better in that 2nd half I thought. Hecht was impressive. I can see why they could Lautner leave, Hecht is way more steady in the back and instead of Reilly putting up over 400 on us we held him to 300. Plus our front 7 was really good, they pressured and took away the run very early.

The reffing sucked but its the CFL its going to suck hopefully it just sucks in the other teams direction

The most impressive part to me last night was holding Reilly to the yards they did, and holding the rushing game to so little as well. Usually, Reilly torches the Bombers D so it was a good win for them.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Riders sign Bryan Bennett (just back and forth from Winnipeg to Sask to Winnipeg to Sask for that guy).

Collaros on 6 game IR. Riders were going to struggle with Collaros, after watching Fajardo and Harker...well I'm not sure how much better than MTL they are.

After Glenn told them he wasn’t interested.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
The most impressive part to me last night was holding Reilly to the yards they did, and holding the rushing game to so little as well. Usually, Reilly torches the Bombers D so it was a good win for them.

Lions pull in some very catchable balls and that could have been a different game. I think we caught them rusty. Let's see if Edmonton finds us in that state after the snooze week.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Nah we beat BC because BC sucks minus Reilly.

BC are what they are. Outside Burnham it’ll be the dropsies by that WR corps all season long. No OL, DL, no show RB, questionable secondary. Inexperienced coach to top it off. Could get ugly.

Rod Black is THE bafoon of Canada as per usual. He must get reminded of this constantly by now, no?

Hopefully Wilson and Wolitarsky are OK for Edmonton.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Nah we beat BC because BC sucks minus Reilly.

BC are what they are. Outside Burnham it’ll be the dropsies by that WR corps all season long. No OL, DL, no show RB, questionable secondary. Inexperienced coach to top it off. Could get ugly.

Rod Black is THE bafoon of Canada as per usual. He must get reminded of this constantly by now, no?

Hopefully Wilson and Wolitarsky are OK for Edmonton.

Burnham had at least two drops. Reilly has no reliable targets.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
URGH! Still another week before we play again. I need more Bombers football. Hopefully Matthews is healthy for the home opener. I really think that he will change the Bombers offense. With him and Adams in the lineup the Bombers suddenly become a serious deep threat team. Not only will it open the underneath stuff they LOVE to thow, can't wait to see them bomb it up for 50-50 balls with Matthews and Adams (who will suddenly become single covered all the time instead of double or triple covered). This offense really rounds out with a 2nd big threat down the field, IMO. And it won't only be a turnover based elite offense but a true elite offense that can beat you any way they want.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
URGH! Still another week before we play again. I need more Bombers football. Hopefully Matthews is healthy for the home opener. I really think that he will change the Bombers offense. With him and Adams in the lineup the Bombers suddenly become a serious deep threat team. Not only will it open the underneath stuff they LOVE to thow, can't wait to see them bomb it up for 50-50 balls with Matthews and Adams (who will suddenly become single covered all the time instead of double or triple covered). This offense really rounds out with a 2nd big threat down the field, IMO. And it won't only be a turnover based elite offense but a true elite offense that can beat you any way they want.

Drink lots, pass out, repeat. That pesky bye week will be over before you know it. :nod:

Reactions: snowkiddin

None

Feb 22, 2012
That was a nice pass by Fajardo to end the first half.

Davis looked amazing, hopefully he's now that he's had some consistency he can keep it up.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
That was a nice pass by Fajardo to end the first half.

Davis looked amazing, hopefully he's now that he's had some consistency he can keep it up.

He's relying heavily on his receivers winning battles. I don't think that's super sustainable, but I'm surprised so far

None

Feb 22, 2012
He's relying heavily on his receivers winning battles. I don't think that's super sustainable, but I'm surprised so far

They're getting separation in loose coverage and he's finding them when they're open, I don't think it's fair to take too much away from him. It's far different than what we've seen from him in the past where he's struggled with accuracy.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Good news, bad news scenario this week. Chris Matthews is making his first start for the Bombers since 2013! Excited to see him.

The bad news is that Neufeld has been moved from 1 game IR to 6 game IR. While he is oft injured, Neufeld is the only veteran starter in the interior so it looks like we will live and die with the 4 youngsters for the early season with Speller, Couture, Gray and backup Desjarlais. Edmonton seems to have a real fearsome pass rush so it'll be interesting to see how they hold up.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Neufeld must have injured himself in the hot tub. I attended most of training camp and don't recall him participating once.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Only 2.5 more hours until I leave for game. It's been a long off-season, can't wait to get back to stadium for real play again. Should be a great game today between the early top 2 in West.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You leave for the game at 3:00pm?

Yeah. Stop to pick up last few things at stores (ice, buns, etc), pick up the GF from work downtown at around 4, get to the stadium for 430-445. For weekend games we get to the stadium for tailgating even earlier. For Banjo Bowl we get to stadium for around 8am haha.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah. Stop to pick up last few things at stores (ice, buns, etc), pick up the GF from work downtown at around 4, get to the stadium for 430-445. For weekend games we get to the stadium for tailgating even earlier. For Banjo Bowl we get to stadium for around 8am haha.
Doors to the stadium open at 6:30. What do you do for 2 hours?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Doors to the stadium open at 6:30. What do you do for 2 hours?

Tailgate party. There's 3-4 vehicles in our group (one of hundreds of groups), we have two people that bring a BBQ's to grill up some meat (today is smokies), we have food, drinks, there's people that bring huge speakers in the parking lots. It's a huge party in the parking lots, you've never seen it? Thousands of people in the parking lot having a party every game. Lots of fun. I don't go into stadium until game time.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Tailgate party. There's 3-4 vehicles in our group (one of hundreds of groups), we have two people that bring a BBQ's to grill up some meat (today is smokies), we have food, drinks, there's people that bring huge speakers in the parking lots. It's a huge party in the parking lots, you've never seen it? Thousands of people in the parking lot having a party every game. Lots of fun. I don't go into stadium until game time.
I've noticed a few people on University Crescent, but we usually walk through the bike/transit path from Pembina, so probably don't see all the BBQ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->