2019 Around the League V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
But they are never in the bidding for those type of free agents. No pressure to go out and spend.
Again it goes to the issue of judging a GM who doesn’t even have that as an option (which I suppose in Benning’s case it might be a good thing if he wasn’t allowed to pursue high priced free agents). It is an impediment to a GM isn’t it? Or re-signing players.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Everything about chayka's tenure in Arizona is a black box. His analytics are proprietary and he's never released any details. The owner is an NHL stooge who's just there to keep the seat warm until the league finds a place for the team to play. Who knows what sort of interference the league runs in the club's operations. I don't think the "owner" has any real say in anything. Chayka is selling his data to other teams through his company while he's also working for Phoenix. Just an utterly bizarre situation all around.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Everything about chayka's tenure in Arizona is a black box. His analytics are proprietary and he's never released any details. The owner is an NHL stooge who's just there to keep the seat warm until the league finds a place for the team to play. Who knows what sort of interference the league runs in the club's operations. I don't think the "owner" has any real say in anything. Chayka is selling his data to other teams through his company while he's also working for Phoenix. Just an utterly bizarre situation all around.
The team needs to be relocated. Same with the Panthers. It's getting so old.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Again it goes to the issue of judging a GM who doesn’t even have that as an option (which I suppose in Benning’s case it might be a good thing if he wasn’t allowed to pursue high priced free agents). It is an impediment to a GM isn’t it? Or re-signing players.
And with those impediments is what I found odd with the stepan deal. Why I’ve up the 7th pick when you’re clearly no where close to contending? He’s clearly shackled due to the business side of the team. Figured he’d be more Oakland athletics and moneyball.

Reactions: Hit the post

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
And now Hitchcock is back paddling on his earlier comments LUL

The players sound pissed. Looks Hitch might've lost the room.

The room was already lost. If it wasn't he doesn't say what he said. When two good coaches have lost the room in the same year it points to something other than the coaches.

Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Yup.

ARI is just a corporate placeholder for the NHL right now.

Reactions: Jack Burton

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Danton Heinen replaced Pastarnak on that line and has 2 points in the 1st period.
Lots of WC contending western teams in action tonight. Not to mention rangers and panthers who have close to the same point totals as the Canucks for those hoping for a playoff miss.

This is almost shades of 2016 when Edler and sutter were lost in early feb against Colorado yet the Canucks did no selling at the tdl cause they were 4-5 points out at the time.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This is almost shades of 2016 when Edler and sutter were lost in early feb against Colorado yet the Canucks did no selling at the tdl cause they were 4-5 points out at the time.

And didn't do any prep in the event they did fall out of the race (they did) so they were rushing to talk to Hamhuis and didn't get a list from him going into the deadline, effectively missing out on a 1st + Dano.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
And didn't do any prep in the event they did fall out of the race (they did) so they were rushing to talk to Hamhuis and didn't get a list from him going into the deadline, effectively missing out on a 1st + Dano.
Blunder gets swept under the rug way too much, another colossal failure by this administration, sitting on your ass until the last minutes and panicking, seems like a common theme among these morons.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Man the Canucks are getting help tonight.

Colorado is getting smoked, Philly just took a 5-4 lead on Minny with 4 minutes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->