2019 Around the League V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
I have M2B in my dreams but that's a story for another time.:skeptic:

Weird eh? On a sports teams board you see people trashing another team while praising the "home team". Like it goes against the entire origins of the word 'fan' (fanatic). In any event we're talking about a few posts out of TENS OF THOUSANDS.

Regardless, neither team has won the Cup yet so it's like arguing who had the hottest date to the school prom when both guys brought their cousins.

I wouldn't say I'm delirious about the Canucks chances for the playoffs in the next 2-3 years. I was just getting rather tired of the Blues homer BS and condescension from that person in our team's thread.

It's all well and good if you're talking up your team and talking down another team on your own board... but come on, you can't expect a pleasant response from a team you are disrespecting. You'd have to be a fool, a troll or both to think that would go well.

Anyways, I'm done feeding him.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Boston/Colorado are tied 1-1 with 2:15 left in the game.

Boston goes to the PP

COME ON BOSTON!!!!!!!!!

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Boston/Colorado are tied 1-1 with 2:15 left in the game.

Boston goes to the PP

COME ON BOSTON!!!!!!!!!

Damn so close. Colorado picks up at least another point. Boo. St Louis also picked up 2 points, Chicago is about to pick up 2 points and yeah... not looking like the best night. Only bright side is Minnesota (the most important one) lost in regulation.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Dylan Strome with another 3 points today. Now has 30 points in 32 games in Chitown.

Interesting how him and Domi both struggled to put it all together in Arizona only to explode once they leave the desert.

Extremely good trade by Chicago.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Colorado loses. That's their 7th loss in a row. They are 0-4-3 in their last 7. Brutal. Total collapse of a team that I thought for sure would be in the playoffs.

If by some miracle the Canucks make the playoffs we can thank Anaheim and Colorado for the epic collapses.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The Wild are really the only team I can see the Canucks catching, they're two points ahead with the edge in ROW's, so they pretty much have a 3 point lead on us.

Reactions: cookiefest

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
yeah the blues are no doubt getting a playoff spot and at this pace i think they have it in them to win a round or two

the race for that 2nd wildcard spot might be the tightest one in nhl history and i have no idea who's going to take that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: cookiefest

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Wild will probably get in even with Koivu out because Boudreau always makes it.

The Blues are running away and hiding with a playoff spot and could be the favourite to come out of the central if they keep this up.

Colorado is 1-10 in OT this season, those lost points might end up costing them a spot. Makes no sense with that roster either.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Dylan Strome with another 3 points today. Now has 30 points in 32 games in Chitown.

Interesting how him and Domi both struggled to put it all together in Arizona only to explode once they leave the desert.

To be fair Schmaltz was nearly PPG in Arizona before he (of course) got injured. That looked like a good trade for both teams until then; two players needing a change of scenery.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It may turn out to be a good trade for Chicago, but Schmalz looked like the best player at the time, in my opinion.
He was more of the sure thing in terms of you had pretty good confidence that he was a 2C. Strome, more of a swing for the fences type of move. Willing to take the game.

AZ apparently really wanted Schmaltz, so they kept upping the ante until they parted with Strome and Perlini.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

What a brilliant trade for Chicago.

There was no way Strome wasn’t going to be a front-line player in the NHL given his size, talent, and the way he destroyed lower levels.

Not sure what went wrong in Arizona.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site

Million dollar question for them.

Is it a question of team chemistry or patience or coaching for them? The Coyotes seemingly have plenty of talented players either on the roster or coming through. They have too many parts to not one day hit.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
What a brilliant trade for Chicago.

There was no way Strome wasn’t going to be a front-line player in the NHL given his size, talent, and the way he destroyed lower levels.

Stan Bowman's made two really interesting moves lately where's shipped out good, young players for higher-ceiling swings at the fence. The Strome trade, and trading Ryan Hartman to Nashville for a 1st with which he took Nicolas Beaudin (a high-skill undersized D). It's a strategy I don't see any other GM doing and I'm fascinated to see how it works out.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Could be a win win trade. Prior to injury Schmaltz had 14 points in 17 games for the coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->