2019 Around the League V

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
That's some lovely trolling, are you lost or something? Go back to your own board.

You have literally no leg to stand on starting crap in another team's thread.

...and yes, seeing the Blues flounder never does get old for me. If you have an issue with that, who cares?

You can't pretend the Blues have had any more success than the Canucks in terms of championships, or even Stanley cup Finals appearances. Your team hasn't even made the Finals since the 70s... and your current iteration has been one series of failures after another, a complete Paper Tiger that has been hyped up but done nothing, whereas we can at least recall a great team in our lifetimes.

You can recall a great team? I can’t. I remember they had the Sedins for a while.

I never said they were better than Vancouver. But it’s hilarious to me that you think they’ve been worse. They’re the same franchise, and you worship one and dump on the other.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Both Kase and Ritchie is scoring at a 50 pt pace, all of Comtois, Lundestrom & Terry has top 6 upside, plus they have a good chance at a top pick this year. Anaheim need a new coach, but their cap is fine.

If Anaheim was smart they would have a fire sale and find buyers for Perry and Getzlaf, not try and salvage this team, heck I’d even see if I could get some serious return for rakell. I’d like to see a team do a true strip down and rebuild and I believe Anaheim’s fans would support that with their recent cups

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If Anaheim was smart they would have a fire sale and find buyers for Perry and Getzlaf, not try and salvage this team, heck I’d even see if I could get some serious return for rakell. I’d like to see a team do a true strip down and rebuild and I believe Anaheim’s fans would support that with their recent cups

Why on earth would you tear down this team when you have so many good players on good contracts in the 24-28 age range?

Also Anaheim’s Cup was 12 years ago.

Reactions: timw33

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Anaheim doesn't need to have a firesale or a full blown rebuild. Trading someone like Hampus Lindholm who's a 25 year old top 15 defenseman in the sport on a ridiculously good contract would be insanely stupid. Rakell, Kase, and Manson are also tremendously effective players on steal contracts so really their financial situation isn't as dire as it's made out to be, Perry and Getzlaf are seemingly treated as equal these days when in reality Getzlaf is still productive and Perry is not an effective player, both only have two years left.

Their farm system has historically been great at producing good players, they have a lot of quality young players in the A right now who will be NHL players soon replacing some of the trash they have right now.

This season they're a disaster, but long term I'm not sure they're that screwed. LTIR Kesler and Perry, fire the coach (just did), trade Silfverberg and recoup assets, clear out some of the junk and replace with good young pieces. If they do that they'll be fine.

Last edited:

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Why on earth would you tear down this team when you have so many good players on good contracts in the 24-28 age range?

Also Anaheim’s Cup was 12 years ago.

Because they have be abysmal, having players on good contracts only increases their return value

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ducks will be good once Kesler is off the team.
Let the schmuck rot on the bench with the team going nowhere this season..

Kesler no longer wants to cup chase, his broken down body is just collecting checks now as long he’s in the league.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Carlyle fired and now the GM is the coach???

I'm not familiar with coaching change and interim coach designation but having a GM as coach doesn't sound like a good idea...

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Worst regulation goal-differential over any 7-game stretch, since 2014.

SeasonTeamGameFromGameToGFGADiff
20182019ANA5056837-29
20172018CGY7278833-25
20142015BUF3945629-23
20172018VAN29351436-22
20152016CBJ171334-21
20162017COL2632930-21
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

People often observe that teams "respond well" to a coaching change, but when you're firing a coach after you've been out-scored 37-8 in 7 games, I'm pretty sure Gritty could take over as coach and you'd see an improvement.

member 290103

Ducks will be good once Kesler is off the team.
Let the schmuck rot on the bench with the team going nowhere this season..

Kesler no longer wants to cup chase, his broken down body is just collecting checks now as long he’s in the league.

Love seeing the guy fail. I have never been so disappointed in a Canuck player ever.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Carlyle fired and now the GM is the coach???

I'm not familiar with coaching change and interim coach designation but having a GM as coach doesn't sound like a good idea...
It actually might work on a short term basis as players will want to be on their best behavior. Nowhere for the players to hide.

Plus it's hard to be get any worse than losing 19 of 21 and getting shit kicked every night.

Last edited:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Both Kase and Ritchie is scoring at a 50 pt pace, all of Comtois, Lundestrom & Terry has top 6 upside, plus they have a good chance at a top pick this year. Anaheim need a new coach, but their cap is fine.

It is disgusting how many people on this board wanted Kase in that draft: So you think you can draft - 2014 edition

It's a fair question if he'd develop the same way in our system opposed to Anaheim's, but still. Agreed with everyone else; the Ducks have a lot of strong pieces in place to do a quick rebuild.

They're a Jack Hughes away from a more promising rebuild than us.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It actually might work on a short term basis as players will want to be on their best behavior. No where for the players to hide.

Plus it's hard to be get any worse than losing 19 of 21 and getting **** kicked every night.

OK, that makes sense.

Ducks' season's pretty much in the sewer now anyways.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It is disgusting how many people on this board wanted Kase in that draft: So you think you can draft - 2014 edition

It's a fair question if he'd develop the same way in our system opposed to Anaheim's, but still. Agreed with everyone else; the Ducks have a lot of strong pieces in place to do a quick rebuild.

They're a Jack Hughes away from a more promising rebuild than us.

And look at how many had Brayden Point with the 66th pick....ugh, we could have had a once in a generation draft.

Reactions: vancityluongo

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
You can recall a great team? I can’t. I remember they had the Sedins for a while.

I never said they were better than Vancouver. But it’s hilarious to me that you think they’ve been worse. They’re the same franchise, and you worship one and dump on the other.
For real? Look, not gonna call you inbred cause we dont know for sure yet, tho the signs seem clear, but man o man are you barking up the WRONG tree yet again here bub.

Just :facepalm:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

The Blues are one of the few teams left that the Canucks have a better history than. Their only 2 cup final appearances occurred when the first expansion started and they were all put into an expansion conference.

Blues:
Cups 0
Conference championships: 0
Presidents Trophies: 1
Division Titles: 9

Canucks:
Cups: 0
Conference Champuonships: 3
Presidents Trophies: 2
Division Titles: 10

And in regards to the Canucks never having a great team:
The 2011 team had the best GF, GA, PP; 3rd ranked PK.
A hart trophy winner, a selke winner, art ross winner, and a tandem that won the Jennings as well as a GM of the year.

They lost in the cup final.

There isn’t a Blues team that touches them.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Blues are easily making the playoffs this year and if I'm them I;m going after Matt Duchene at the deadline.

Tarasenko just had a monster game.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Blues were last place at the beginning of December. 105 point pace since then, put M2B in your prayers folks.
I have M2B in my dreams but that's a story for another time.:skeptic:

Weird eh? On a sports teams board you see people trashing another team while praising the "home team". Like it goes against the entire origins of the word 'fan' (fanatic). In any event we're talking about a few posts out of TENS OF THOUSANDS.

Regardless, neither team has won the Cup yet so it's like arguing who had the hottest date to the school prom when both guys brought their cousins.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Blues are easily making the playoffs this year and if I'm them I;m going after Matt Duchene at the deadline.

Do the blues feel that they can get past win and Nas in the central? Or cross over and go through Cal and SJ? Do they trust their goaltending?

At their pace they would owe their 1st to Buffalo. Already dealt their last 4 first round picks (Thompson from 16, the Frost pick by Phi in 17, Farabee pick in 2018, and this years pick). Offset by the Bokk from the statsny deal and Kyrou from the Elliott deal to replenish stock.

They have some decisions to make in the summer with Schenn and AP eligible for extensions. Big money commitments there.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017

Makes no sense to go after Duchene... they’re already deep at the center position. I wouldn’t be surprised if they go after Dzingel or Stone instead of Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad