Post-Game Talk: 2019 All-Chabot-Star Game. (Jan. 25 -26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Anyone watching this weekend????

unnamed-1.png

Ya, I'm re-using this pic until a better one comes along...

cut.jpg

Screenshot 2019-01-23 12.32.37.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray Kinsella

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I know it's on the West Coast, but the all-star game(s) itself are on super late for those of us on the east coast. I thought they normally did this in the afternoon for some reason. Doesn't seem like the best way of getting a true national audience and growing the game.

Reactions: Back in Black

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I know it's on the West Coast, but the all-star game(s) itself are on super late for those of us on the east coast. I thought they normally did this in the afternoon for some reason. Doesn't seem like the best way of getting a true national audience and growing the game.
Good point. I hadn't even realized they were on late. Shows how much, I'll be watching.... :popcorn:

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I live on the west coast and I still won’t watch this trash.

It’s a meaningless game in which I get to watch the former heart and soul of our franchise absolutely dominate the best players in the league for fun.

I’m out.

Until the NHL takes a page out of baseballs playbook and makes this game determine home ice in the playoff finals, I could give a flying fig. It’s the biggest blemish on Bettman’s tenure as commissioner.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's been a dog and pony show for decades .......... have not watched for so long, don't remember when it ever was that I watched.

Better things to do with my time .......... absolutely meaningless.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I always watch the Skills Competition, the game itself depends on whether I have anything else on. I like this 3-on-3 format better but kind of miss the Fantasy Draft which was always good for a few laughs (both intentional and unintentional).

Reactions: Beville

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I’m not sure what purpose the game itself serves aside from making the NHL some more money with network deals. The only thing mildly entertaining is the skills competition, they could just make that the main attraction and nix the game altogether. You still get the ‘all-star’ experience that way and can sell jerseys or whatever

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I actually don't mind the all-star game itself as much since they switched to the 3 on 3 "tournament' format. Nothing was worse than the actual all-star game for many years, but I appreciate them trying something new. It's too bad they went away from the fantasy draft aspect, would be cool to see 4 captains picking their squads.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I live on the west coast and I still won’t watch this trash.

It’s a meaningless game in which I get to watch the former heart and soul of our franchise absolutely dominate the best players in the league for fun.

I’m out.

Until the NHL takes a page out of baseballs playbook and makes this game determine home ice in the playoff finals, I could give a flying fig. It’s the biggest blemish on Bettman’s tenure as commissioner.

That hasn't been a thing in the MLB for years. You also can't do that in sports like hockey or football, hell even soccer and basketball. There's a chance players would get hurt. Baseball is really the only sport where you can go all out in an All-Star game and have little to no worry about getting hurt. Unless you're pitching which is super hard on the body.

It's also for the kids. I loved all-star games growing up, seeing all the stars on the ice at once. You don't realize their not trying that hard when you're 8.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Both Karlsson and Chabot will be in the Premier Passer competition this evening.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
It's been a dog and pony show for decades .......... have not watched for so long, don't remember when it ever was that I watched.

Better things to do with my time .......... absolutely meaningless.

It is for entertainment. Just like a regular season game. Or a playoff game. You do watch hockey to be entertained, no? And I’m sure you’ve go so much better things to do with you time. Like post in melnyk threads

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
So far Chabot is following the Karlsson career script:

-Get drafted in the mid teens of the first round by Ottawa
-Put up 20 something points in your first year while splitting time between the AHL and NHL
-Be one of your team's few bright spots and only All Star representative in your second and first full NHL season

Chabot is basically guaranteed to lead all defensemen in points and win his first Norris trophy in 2019-2020

Reactions: Beville

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So far Chabot is following the Karlsson career script:

-Get drafted in the mid teens of the first round by Ottawa
-Put up 20 something points in your first year while splitting time between the AHL and NHL
-Be one of your team's few bright spots and only All Star representative in your second and first full NHL season

Chabot is basically guaranteed to lead all defensemen in points and win his first Norris trophy in 2019-2020

And get traded for scraps once he allowed to expect to be able to seek out fair compensation.

We should rename the team to the Ottawa RFAs

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It is for entertainment. Just like a regular season game. Or a playoff game. You do watch hockey to be entertained, no? And I’m sure you’ve go so much better things to do with you time. Like post in melnyk threads

The NHL is planning on snuffing the ASG in a couple of seasons, and it could not come to soon.

But what they're thinking of replacing it with, will not be an improvement imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad