Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
WE MADE IT!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Canes and CPTN71

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
honestly, i think the only shot the A's have at winning this game is if its played in oakland

facing charlie morton in a winner take all game is not gonna be an easy task

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
honestly, i think the only shot the A's have at winning this game is if its played in oakland

facing charlie morton in a winner take all game is not gonna be an easy task
They're getting Sean Manaea likely followed by Jesus Luzardo. It's gonna be tough sledding either way.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm gonna wait and find out where the game will be played (The Trop or the Coliseum) before I make my prediction.

Does the trop really count as a "home" park tho? I mean its the playoffs so theres a good chance it will be sold out but even with fans cheering it feels like a mausoleum.

Especially with that crazy idea of splitting the team between TB & MTL.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
don't trust Oakland in the playoffs. so i'll pick the Rays.

But if A's win this, they can get the monkey off their backs and beat Astros next round IMO.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm really torn on who to go with here. Both teams are great.

Leaning towards Tampa personally but Oakland has a chance too.

Manaea vs Morton is one of hell of a pitching matchup though

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I'm picking the A's now that we know it's at the Coliseum.

They are overdue for a big October win and the Rays...... with all due respect to tropicalfruitgal, I think the A's fans on here (the 3 Musketeers of Oakland- Clowe/Yake/rangerssharks) are overdue to see their team break through.

If the Blues and Raptors can win the big one, why not Oakland? 2019 is the year of the due theory.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Anything can happen in these games. Nothing before matters at all. The home crowd is important, but only if they play well early. Getting a 0 in the top half followed by a run or two in the bottom half would go a long way in getting the crowd really loud. There's going to be over 50k there.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I have respect for both teams.

Oakland for constantly being at the very least competitive despite less than ideal circumstances given their issues with salary and whatnot. Billy Beane is still one of the sports most savvy GMs despite literally everyone knowing what moneyball is at this point.

Tampa for similar things. Everyone wrote them off when Freidman left for LA, but they continue to maintain a stupidly strong development system in combination with making sneakily good trades/signings. Very similar to the A's, actually.

I have a weird feeling that despite Oakland's offense probably being better on paper (Tampa barely had one guy hit 20 HRs, Oakland has 6 guys with 20+) that Tampa's small ball type **** always seems to win out in postseason games, especially in a one game situation.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Is there a tiebreaker for the WC game? Because both teams could finish with 97-65 tonight.

Gruß,
BSHH

I'm assuming the A's already won the head to head matchup. I believe that' s the first tie breaker, unless they go by home wins or some other metric. The broadcast seemed very sure that the A's clinched home field for the game so I think it's set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad