2019 AAF Season Thread

Sep 19, 2008
It's called "filler programming". For all we know, AAF is PAYING NFL Network to be on there.

If the NFL was actually "propping" it up, they wouldn't be letting someone from the outside essentially buy the league out.

What are you talking about? The influence the NFL has on this league is crystal clear.

Do you think they want it to fail :laugh: They're lovin it

Sep 19, 2008
^This exactly.

I think we all overestimated just how "in" the NFL was in on the AAF. If they were really in the background, the league wouldn't have missed payrolls two weeks in a row.

You speak as if this is a bad thing that the Canes owner is trying to bail them out.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What are you talking about? The influence the NFL has on this league is crystal clear.

Do you think they want it to fail :laugh: They're lovin it
"Influence" is not the same thing as "propping up".

Propping up would mean the NFL being the one investing $250MM to keep it afloat. Has the NFL even invested a dime in this thing?

Sep 19, 2008
"Influence" is not the same thing as "propping up".

Propping up would mean the NFL being the one investing $250MM to keep it afloat. Has the NFL even invested a dime in this thing?

I don't think it's as bad as you're making it sound, for the reasons listed above.

Sep 19, 2008
Only one game on TV this weekend :(

BR report , NFL Network Saturday

CBS Sports Network , NFL Network Sunday

Don' get BR Report Live or NFL Network :cry:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Only one game on TV this weekend :(

BR report , NFL Network Saturday

CBS Sports Network , NFL Network Sunday

Don' get BR Report Live or NFL Network :cry:

All games are broadcast free on the AAF app. Though it's just the skycam feed with no announcers or score overlay. Multiple Youtube channels also stream the broadcasts though, check r/AAF_Football for streams and channels.

Hopefully Alliance will listen to the fans and stream games on Facebook Live eventually.

Sep 19, 2008
All games are broadcast free on the AAF app. Though it's just the skycam feed with no announcers or score overlay. Multiple Youtube channels also stream the broadcasts though, check r/AAF_Football for streams and channels.

Hopefully Alliance will listen to the fans and stream games on Facebook Live eventually.
/r/aaf_football is the bad reddit

the real reddit is /r/aafb

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I wonder if they'll consider pushing week 1 back to the last weekend of February or the first week of March. The weather for most of the games has been bad. Yesterday, SLC was 35 and cloudy with 15mph winds. They announced ~10,400 but it looked like half showed

Sep 19, 2008

Apparently the AAF site will just air the streams now at least for B/R live games. I had it on the background the other day while playing computer games over the weekend.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Not a great weeknd for attendance:
Orlando 20,000
San Diego 14,000
Atlanta 11,000
Salt Lake City 10,000

Disappointing considering the good weather everywhere except SLC.

I'm curious why the league is having a neutral field championship game in Las Vegas. It is widely known that unless a league has a rabid and big fanbase, this usually results in terrible attendance. Even in big time college football, we see conference championship games at neutral fields have less than stellar turnouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad