Prospect Info: 2019 #98 - Matias Maccelli - LW

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Both his goals were nice ones too, but his sequence for the assist was so dirty. I had to watch it a few times it was so nice. Still can't believe he fell to the 4th, even though with the amount of talent that fell this year he was drafted in the exact same spot i would have ended up taking him.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

txw

Feb 2, 2018
So unbelievably stoked on this kid and Farinacci, Chayka murdered the draft this year.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I'm pretty sure I used to read things like "Arizona is coming out of a rebuild with a surprisingly empty cupboard" just a year ago.

Can't find those comments now? :arr:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I used to read things like "Arizona is coming out of a rebuild with a surprisingly empty cupboard" just a year ago.

Can't find those comments now? :arr:
And a TORONTO reporter couldn’t drop enough negative comments about AZ’s scouting department changes.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Every time I watch one of those prospect videos the first think that sticks out is how bad the defense and goal tending is in those leagues. Makes you appreciate the pros that much more.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Every time I watch one of those prospect videos the first think that sticks out is how bad the defense and goal tending is in those leagues. Makes you appreciate the pros that much more.
He is playing in a pro league. The top men’s league in Finland and one of the five best leagues in the world.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
NHL is obviously the top league. KHL is widely accepted as the 2nd best. AHL and the top Swedish and top Finnish league are argued about constantly and are probably fairly interchangeable, albeit extremely different.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
NHL is obviously the top league. KHL is widely accepted as the 2nd best. AHL and the top Swedish and top Finnish league are argued about constantly and are probably fairly interchangeable, albeit extremely different.

I actually lost some respect for the KHL in the last olympics. A KHL All-star team had big issues with a German DEL-team. Shouldn't have been close.

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
The difference in skill level between most of those levels isn't exposed much over a lot of these short international tournaments.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Fun little update about the game tonight. Suomi isn't playing so Maccelli gets upgraded from the red bull helmet to the Gold helmet for the teams top scorer. Maccelli has also scored a goal after 1 period.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
The difference in skill level between most of those levels isn't exposed much over a lot of these short international tournaments.
Yeah, I was half joking. Then again you can see stuff like this in the great NHL:

8mncapp97x341.jpg

Or Maybe this:

Both are examples from last night alone. Point being...probably shouldn't judge the defense level of the entire league based on highlights :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad