Prospect Info: 2019 89th Overall Pick | RW Maxim Cajkovic

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Was the #1 pick in the CHL import draft. Thought of as a late 1st/early 2nd going into the year. St. John was terrible this year so didn't put the numbers up but got a ton of ice time. He's a right hand shot which is a big plus for me and he has an NHL level shot if he can fix a few things about his game and be more consistent he could be a nice player. I thought Dennis Yan would be the same way because of his shot but the rest never came and he hasn't developed that well, hope Maxim has a better outcome.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He was the top CHL Import pick, kid had an extremely underwhelming season on one of the worst teams in all junior hockey and it pushed him down into the bottom of the third round. This could be a home run pick, keep an eye out for him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I saw his name before because he was #1 on the import draft but didn't pay any more attention from there because I just assumed he was not gonna fall as low as he did for us to get him. I'm happy we made this pick. My only knock is that he does a little bit of everything well as opposed to a single thing that blows your mind like Drouin's puck handling, MacKinnon's vision, Laine's slap shot etc. Yeah I know... That's counterintuitive but I always believe other skills can be sharpened while there's a 10/10 attribute a player already has in his back pocket. Case in point is Cirelli. Does a little bit of everything well but has a "holy shit" level of work ethic and now suddenly the guy is probably gonna score 20 goals this year. And for some reason I got reminded of Yakupov. But I'll be honest that would not a bad thing because it means Maxim might be a 15 goal 30-something point player at the NHL level and that ain't terrible for the 89th pick. That's a win any time you can find a guy who can do that consistently

You want Foote to do better than that though

Last edited:

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Couldnt find a thread on him so figured i would start one. 3rd round pick in 2019, played for the Seadogs for 2 years before going to Val-d'Or where he seems to be lighting it up lately with 5 points in 2 games in the playoffs as well as 14 points in 12 games during the regular season. I know he had that issues at the WJC where he was expelled from team Slovakia for gross violation of sports and human values when he was throwing some dirty hits to teammates in practices. From some of the highlights ive seen he seems to be a good skater with a really good shot. Think he could be a solid bottom 6 winger in 3-4 years as long as his past doesnt hurt him. Hasnt signed his ELC so hopefully next season we can get him in Syracuse since he will be 20 or even after his season is finished he can help the Crunch.

Reactions: kudla

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's so hard to evaluate this guy's progress because he went from being stuck on a horrid team to pretty much losing a year of development because of COVID and having to resort to an Austrian league that probably few of us know about it. At this point the best thing the kid can do is get into the best shape of his life and get ready for war at training camp

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think the most important thing for Maxim is his head. We are not an organization that deals with players who's head isn't on tight and he was kicked from the Slovak WJC team. So if he can get his attitude in check and put the work in he's got the talent to succeed. We will be in need of forwards in Syracuse next year so I don't see why he wouldn't get signed especially when it looks like Guttman and Walker are staying for their senior years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->