Prospect Info: Gianni Fairbrother a.k.a. Giovanni Fairbrudder

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My prediction, like RHP, they'll return Fairbrother to the WHL next year for his overager year.

The reason being the Habs will sign Romanov, Ylönen, RHP, maybe Khisamutdinov, they'll have to choose among Houde, Hillis, McShane, and Fonstad on who to sign.

And seeing they have another year to sign him, they may opt to wait.

there could be a lot of room on the 50 so Fairbrother is almost a lock to be signed unless he gets injured again and misses a chunk of time or has a bad season. The Habs almost never send kids back as overagers but we'll see what kind of season he has and how the roster starts to shape up in the summer.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Sorry guys, this is the only video of the fight, but I'll share eyewitness accounts sent to me by people at the game. Fairbrother got a few punches in, and then a real solid one on his jaw. He went out cold. Fairbrother immediately backed off and motioned for the medical staff. When they were skating McGrew off the ice, the trainer was holding his jaw into place and he had no idea where he was. He was out of it. It seemed pretty scary from what I was told.

You guys are gonna love him.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Just noticed Fairbrother had a surgery this week for something that has been bugging him for the most part of the season and will likely be missing the rest of the season! Our players are dropping like flies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Article starts off that although scouts claimed that he's not an offensive defenseman, it's an element of his game that has sticked out a lot since he's been drafted. It seems to be an element that took his coach by surprise when he came for camp this year, it's something that wasn't quite as present last year. Says the shot was always there but that he was now more comfortable attempting things with the puck. He brought a new swag to his game. As a result of being tossed aside by an overager playing on the top unit, his production was affected. That being said, he still had a very respectable 25 pts in 37 GP before his injury. His coach maintains that despite these improvements, his defensive game is still his bread and butter. His coach doubled down by saying that was the best D on the PK in the entire league. He's gritty: blocks shots and gives forwards hell in front of the net. The author did some digging and found that Constantine, who was also a coach for the Silvertips basically said the same thing for Juulsen. The current coach says that although his exposure to Juulsen is limited, he can see the similarities being drawn between the two. A reminder: Juulsen compared himself to Bieksa. His coach points out that he plays a vintage style of hockey. He stayed with the team after his surgery and his coach was pleased with what he brought to the table.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Article starts off that although scouts claimed that he's not an offensive defenseman, it's an element of his game that has sticked out a lot since he's been drafted. It seems to be an element that took his coach by surprise when he came for camp this year, it's something that wasn't quite as present last year. Says the shot was always there but that he was now more comfortable attempting things with the puck. He brought a new swag to his game. As a result of being tossed aside by an overager playing on the top unit, his production was affected. That being said, he still had a very respectable 25 pts in 37 GP before his injury. His coach maintains that despite these improvements, his defensive game is still his bread and butter. His coach doubled down by saying that was the best D on the PK in the entire league. He's gritty: blocks shots and gives forwards hell in front of the net. The author did some digging and found that Constantine, who was also a coach for the Silvertips basically said the same thing for Juulsen. The current coach says that although his exposure to Juulsen is limited, he can see the similarities being drawn between the two. A reminder: Juulsen compared himself to Bieksa. His coach points out that he plays a vintage style of hockey. He stayed with the team after his surgery and his coach was pleased with what he brought to the table.

We have 10 solid D prospects. We'll see how high each's ceiling is. But they all have a legitimate shot at being solid NHLers.

Romanov Brook
Mete Juulsen
Harris Struble
Norlinder Fleury
Fairbrother Leguerier

Last edited:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Thanks for the interpretation, appreciate it.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-5-23_17-55-13.png

Reactions: kevsavard95

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This post state he is turning pro. Weird that we have not seen any other indications anywhere.

I don't have an instagram account, what does it say? I had him as a lock to turn pro but then when he got injured and was out for the season I thought they might opt to have him play as an overager.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Reactions: dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

don't know how i missed that but maybe since they expected Harris to sign, now that he didn't perhaps they feel Fairbrother is ready. I would love to see him in Laval, just that with only 137 games under his belt that's just 2 full seasons so having another year wouldn't have been bad. that said we'll see as they can take their time in signing him like they did with Fleury.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
don't know how i missed that but maybe since they expected Harris to sign, now that he didn't perhaps they feel Fairbrother is ready. I would love to see him in Laval, just that with only 137 games under his belt that's just 2 full seasons so having another year wouldn't have been bad. that said we'll see as they can take their time in signing him like they did with Fleury.
It's news to me as well, I must have been sleeping ! Might be a tad early for Fairbrother in my book, 3 seasons in the dub with some lost time due to injury, I don't know if that's enough for him to be ready for the jump .

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I really think he's underrated because of the amount of quality prospects we have on defence at the moment. If he develops properly, I think he can be a Craig Rivet type defensemen (with much better skating). Those are always very useful.

If he does sign, and starts in the AHL, we could have a nice little group of players on the back end including, Josh Brook, Cale Fleury (NHL/AHL), Noah Juulsen (NHL/AHL), Gianni Fairbrother, Alexander Romanov (Most likely NHL, but who knows). They will more than likely add Jordan Harris and perhaps Jayden Struble to this group next year with Mattias Norlinder not too far behind.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I really think he's underrated because of the amount of quality prospects we have on defence at the moment. If he develops properly, I think he can be a Craig Rivet type defensemen (with much better skating). Those are always very useful.

As long as he doesn't shoot into shins every time.

Reactions: FrankMTL

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
This post state he is turning pro. Weird that we have not seen any other indications anywhere.
This post confused me too. Maybe that's a scoop. Or either it means that Fairbrother began training with SharpHockey Skills since he became professional (WHL)... This hypothesis I made doesn't make any sense tho...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This post confused me too. Maybe that's a scoop. Or either it means that Fairbrother began training with SharpHockey Skills since he became professional (WHL)... This hypothesis I made doesn't make any sense tho...

WHL is not pro and they have #nhl #ahl not WHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad