Prospect Info: [2019 - 206th] Kieran Ruscheinski (Not Signed - Rights Expire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With the 206th Overall selection, the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select... Kieran Ruscheinski!

Kieran Ruscheinski at eliteprospects.com

Kieran Ruscheinski - Elite Prospects.png

Kieran Ruscheinski - Elite Prospects (1).png

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He has the size and strength, we know that.

What he needs is:
-Skating
-Smarts/Poise
-First pass
-Decent enough shot

And he can make the NHL. I have no idea how this player even got noticed by Timmins and co. but who knows if he even has just the skating, it becomes an interesting pick. I hope we get more info on him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Midget AAA in Alberta. That ****ing cracks me up, no disrespect to the kid. But that’s hilarious.

His stats are not very good either considering his age and the level he was playing in. Not sure he'll actually get any higher. Maybe being drafted will open him the door of the CHL but i don't think he plays in the CHL without being drafted by a NHL team. Since he was drafted by a NHL team a CHL team might take a chance on him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd be really, really curious to know the thought process that goes into that sort of pick.

Drafting someone out of Midget is quite something.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
This is a coke machine from Midget AAA who couldn't produce there.

This one I will hate on.

How can anyone tell me with a straight face, that this kid deserves to be picked over Daniil Gutik who was the second best player on the Russian Hlinka team behind Podkolzin?

Neither deserve to be drafted anyway. Draft should be over after the 3rd round. Let the others sign as free agents.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
It’s a 7th round pick. I know there’s a low chance of the player drafted ever making our team. But by taking a player out of Midget AAA, you are guaranteeing him never plays a game for the Habs. There is still potential for a 7th to be goo. Our 7th in 2017 was Cayden Primeau. The scouting staff seriously f***ed up. This guy will be done playing hockey before he’s 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->