2019-2020 Training Camp PTO Thread

sensfan01

Sep 10, 2019
Any chance szwaz or goloubef take roster spots out of camp? cheap adds to fill spots while the young guys get some time in belleville?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'd imagine we start out with something along the lines of:

Tkachuk-White-Batherson
Duclair-Tierny/Anisimov-Ryan
Ennis-Pageau-Brown
Boedker-Tierny/Anisimov-Davidsson/Balcers
Paul/Chlapik

EDIT: Completely forgot Ennis. He's got a spot locked up as well

We lack a true top line, to the point where our top-6 looks like it's among the worst in the league, but the bottom 6 forwards aren't awful. We have pretty good depth there (as is typical for this team). There's a lot of moving parts there, hopefully something clicks.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
In the young prospect we have who have to past by waiver to send down

Based on cap friendly the waiver eligible players are Jordan Szwarz, Nick Paul, Michael Carcone, Morgan Klimchuk, Cody Goloubef, Nick Ebert and Andreas Englund.

Nick Paul is the real notable player here. He has a pretty good chance to make the team given how he has looked last season, his age/experience and the fact that he is waiver eligible. He certainly has an edge over every prospect when it comes to the 13th forward spot. So if late in training camp it comes down to Paul vs another prospect for a 12/13 spot they will likely keep Paul up and send the other prospect down so they can get more minutes.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I wonder if the team will carry extra bodies to start the year, given they have a 3 game road trip out west (games 6, 7 and 8). I wouldn't be overly surprised to see guys like Formenton and Brannstrom break camp with the team only to be sent back before the 9 game mark for some extra seasoning.

The 9 game mark doesn't apply to them. That is used for prospects that go back to juniors because they can slide their ELC another year.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
3 forward spots and 2 defense?

Forwards:

Tkachuk - White - Duclair
XXXX- Tierney - Brown
XXXX -Anisimov - Ryan
XXXX -Pageau - Ennis

Boedker waived?

Basically Balcers, Batherson, Brown, Formenton, Chlapik, Paul, Davidsson to fight for 3 spots, maybe 4 spots if Ryan comes back even fatter and slower than last year. 5 spots if Duclair looks disinterested.

Defense you got:

Chabot - Zeitsev
XXXX - DeMelo
XXXX - Hainsey
Boro?

Wolanin, Braanstrom, Jaros, Lajoie to fight for 2 spots.

I give Batherson, Brown and Paul the edge up front and Wolanin and Jaros an edge of the back end. If a 4th forward makes it I think it will be one of Formenton or Norris. I don't see Balcers or Chlapik making it but I do think Davidsson and Abramov might get a serious look.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Based on cap friendly the waiver eligible players are Jordan Szwarz, Nick Paul, Michael Carcone, Morgan Klimchuk, Cody Goloubef, Nick Ebert and Andreas Englund.

Nick Paul is the real notable player here. He has a pretty good chance to make the team given how he has looked last season, his age/experience and the fact that he is waiver eligible. He certainly has an edge over every prospect when it comes to the 13th forward spot. So if late in training camp it comes down to Paul vs another prospect for a 12/13 spot they will likely keep Paul up and send the other prospect down so they can get more minutes.
Thanks

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
FWIW, Davidsson may have been promised a roster spot already.

Interesting.... Surely the team must be worried he'll bolt back to Sweden.

Which makes sense. It sounded like he almost made the Blue Jackets last year. He's also older than every other prospective forward trying to make the team (expect Paul), and has by far the most pro experience. In his eyes, if he can't make the NHL this season on a rebuilding team like this, he may as well just swear off the NHL for good. I don't blame the team to give him a full opportunity in the NHL.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Thought Davidsson couldn’t sign this year due to his contract? His out clause is after this upcoming season no?
He was just doing the PTO for “down the road” if an opportunity pops up.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
I’m assuming Formenton makes the team out of camp again, that speed is good in so many situations for a coach. But I’m kind of hoping he spends most of the year in Belleville like Batherson/Brown did to work on improving his offensive game and finish

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Thought Davidsson couldn’t sign this year due to his contract? His out clause is after this upcoming season no?

I know nothing about contracts, but he's listed as having a contract with the Sens on CapFriendly

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I know nothing about contracts, but he's listed as having a contract with the Sens on CapFriendly
Hes on an ELC signed with Columbus and acquired by the Sens. All ELCs are with the big club. Cap Friendly also tells you he has a NHL salary and a minors salary and that he is waivers exempt.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Pretty sure he's done in the SHL unless the Sens loan him back there . He signed a 1 year extension on his SHL team in Feb 2018 , that would have been for the 2018-19 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->