Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I think the writing is already on the wall for Z. Either trade him East or lose him for nothing to the West in the expansion draft.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Keep him for one more playoff run and then trade him this summer. I'd rather trade him in a hockey trade though, not a pick that'll likely never make it and has like 10% chance of becoming as good as Z.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If the Leafs continue to flounder, the Avs should go right after Nylander. His contract is now below market, he's the right age, skilled, versatile, etc. Plus Timmins fills an organizational need (young RD with potential on ELC), was drafted by Dubas, coached by Keefe... and the Avs have their first to throw in a deal when the Leafs lack one in a deep draft. Avs 1st + Timmins + as a base...

We just need to let them know that they traded for the wrong Avs' blueliner; Nylander for EJ straight up...

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's a no-brainer for me to trade Cole over Z and give Z a long term deal.

Byram - Makar
Girard - EJ
Z - Graves
Is he ready to accept 3rd pairing money long term though?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I don't get on here for a couple days and we're trading Z again? Why can't the team just be a team for awhile without a trade? This is first time in a long time the team has played well together after a major hit from the injury bug. Lets let it ride while its working!

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Maybe the Avs should deal Cole and/or EJ this offseason and give Z the $$$?

Toronto fans want to get rid of Barrie for a stay-at-home defenseman.

Cole for Barrie would be the perfect trade :sarcasm:

Is he ready to accept 3rd pairing money long term though?

I think we can afford to give him ~3-4 mil considering Girard's contract. Plus we'll be utilizing way more than a traditional 3rd pair as he'd be our main PKer and shut-down defenseman moving forward.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Toronto fans want to get rid of Barrie for a stay-at-home defenseman.

Cole for Barrie would be the perfect trade :sarcasm:

I think we can afford to give him ~3-4 mil considering Girard's contract. Plus we'll be utilizing way more than a traditional 3rd pair as he'd be our main PKer and shut-down defenseman moving forward.
Makar's contract is just around the corner with an AAV possibly in the double digits.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd be incredibly surprised if Zadorov only returned a 2nd. I feel like most teams in the league would make that deal right now if that's all he cost.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Hockey trade is the way to go for Zadorov. Send him East for a forward.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Wow with all this trade Z stuff...I hope Sakic does the opposite and find a way to keep Z on this team as a core player. Z can shut down the best of best in this game when he’s on and bring an intimidating presence that’s going to be really hard to replace.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Zads has to be the most polarizing player this team has had in a loooooong time.

But the writing is on the wall. He just didnt develop into the player we had hoped he'd become and hes going to be asking for far too much money for 3rd pairing duties.

Do we really want our 3rd pairing making 10-11M? Because that's what will happen if we keep Zads around.

He needs to be moved. Simple as that really.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Zads has to be the most polarizing player this team has had in a loooooong time.

But the writing is on the wall. He just didnt develop into the player we had hoped he'd become and hes going to be asking for far too much money for 3rd pairing duties.

Do we really want our 3rd pairing making 10-11M? Because that's what will happen if we keep Zads around.

He needs to be moved. Simple as that really.

Really? Z wants around 9M? or are you planning on some other 6M guy playing on the 3rd pair with him?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Really? Z wants around 9M? or are you planning on some other 6M guy playing on the 3rd pair with him?

Z and EJ will make up our 3rd pairing within a year or two at the rate EJ regressing.

I suspect Z will ask for at least 4M and potentially up to 5M on his next deal so between he and EJ we're gonna be paying our 3rd pairing over 10M.

We just cant afford to pay Zads what he will want to be paid, to play in the 3rd pairing.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I'm afraid you're going to be very, very disappointed when Z leaves or gets traded. I'll be flabbergasted if he re-ups in Colorado. They've already had one rough negotiation and narrowly avoided another one this summer. He took a cheap one-year "prove it" deal and he won't do that again. The Avs are not going to pay him what he is seeking, period. Whether that's fair to Z or not is beside the point, but it's not happening regardless. Z will either find his payday in the NHL with another club, or he'll find it in the KHL. But dude is gonna get paid, one way or another.
Listen I love Z although I won’t be very disappointed about it. Fact of the matter is, he’s worth more to us than what we’d get in return and he’d be more valuable to us in a cup run next year as our own rental. A futures packed would be a waste, especially when Z can still be a solid contributor. I’m hesitant to rely upon 2 rookies in the back end next year. Now if Z refuses to sign anything but a long term deal, then that may be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad