Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion | give me Hall your players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Can we just go back to the stacked PP instead of this spread out talent thing? Whoever thought that was a good idea? Just roll
Landeskog-Kadri-Rantanen
MacKinnon-Makar
And let them work through it.

It actually worked for a little bit. Look, they had to try SOMETHING, especially given the fact they were rolling out a second unit that was completely and totally hopeless.

Things are simply not going to improve until Landeskog and Rantanen figure out whatever is still hindering them.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Can we just go back to the stacked PP instead of this spread out talent thing? Whoever thought that was a good idea? Just roll
Landeskog-Kadri-Rantanen
MacKinnon-Makar
And let them work through it.

Stack it and leave them out there for the full 2 minutes.

Our PP is 1 for 13 in the last 5 games, and we've had no more then 3 PP opportunities in each of those, so it's not like it's a lot of ice time anyways.

Going backwards in 5 game segments we've generated 13, 20, 18, 11, 17, 17, 25, 19, and 19 PP opportunities, our 2nd fewest 5 game total, which also tells me we're not skating and generating as many PP opportunities.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Sounds fair.

giphy.gif
"I'm late for Shotgun Willie's."

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Would anyone take a risk on Doughty at this point, based around a deal sending EJ back the other way to help offset the cap space. (also presuming that EJ has LA as one of the 19 teams he can be traded to?

On a contender, I wonder if Doughty can return to elite status.....but at the same time his age and what we are seeing with other 11 million dollar D men in the league...

Outside of Doughty on ice, it would have the effect of a jolt to the core and sending a signal that the team is for real about contending -- not being happy with the status quo right now...but?

Honestly, I'd be more on board for getting the Slovenian Zombie on board. Anze Kopitar would look fantastic as the 2C IMO, cap hit is a bit less for a couple less years too.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I'd take Doughty but he has another 6 or 7 years left on his contract with a 11 mill per cap hit. Depends how he ages I guess, but for the next couple of years until Byram and Timmins are ready, I'd like to have Doughty. But what do you do when Byram and Timmins are ready to make the jump to NHL in a year or two?

Girard-Doughty
Graves-Makar
Z / Cole-EJ

In couple of years assuming one of Cole or Z wont be on the team.

Girard-Doughty
Byram-Makar
Cole/Z/Graves- EJ/ Timmins

I dont know how that would work

Edit: Also what would the Avs have to give up to get Doughty? He wouldn't come cheap.

1st, possibly Timmins and a roster player or another prospect. I dont think the Kings would be interested in EJ. They're in rebuilding process and would ask for picks and prospects or younger player from the roster
IMO, You're not getting Doughty without giving up Byrum +

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
IMO, You're not getting Doughty without giving up Byrum +
Yeah but I wouldn't give up Byram for a 30 year old Doughty. He might have another solid 3 or so years before he starts to regress, then you have to pay 11 mill to a regressing Doughty for another 3 years.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Girard and Makar looked great together in last year’s playoffs, why did we give up on that? Spreading the talent around I guess

Because if you played them together our best puck-mover on our other two pairings would be...EJ?

Keeping those two together is a big part of why I wanted to keep Barrie last summer...or to sign Gardiner. Then at least we'd have had some hope of our other pairings not getting pinned in their own zone for shifts at a time. As is we have no choice but to "spread the wealth"

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Because if you played them together our best puck-mover on our other two pairings would be...EJ?

Keeping those two together is a big part of why I wanted to keep Barrie last summer...or to sign Gardiner. Then at least we'd have had some hope of our other pairings not getting pinned in their own zone for shifts at a time. As is we have no choice but to "spread the wealth"
Too many slender bois. We need the thiccness.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He’s one of the whiniest PoS’ of the modern era and well over the far side of the hill career-wise, no thanks.

Oh, okay. He's never really bothered me to be honest.

But I think it's a moot point. He's where he wants to be, on the west coast where his wife can pursue her career and he can finish out his.

There are plenty of players in Anaheim worth a look-see, but he's not one of them.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

In theory but in reality for some reason Graves and EJ ended up being the ones jumping up into the play.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I don't know if it'll happen at the trade deadline, but at some point before now and next trading camp I expect Sakic to jettison some of these RFA's in a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 trade, possibly for another upcoming RFA.

You have to imagine one of Graves or Zadorov will be moved, as Byram and Timmins will at the very least challenge for NHL jobs next training camp. And while I fully expect Burakovsky and Nichuskin to be in the team's plans for next season, I can't say the same for Jost and Kamenev.

They're obviously two of the weakest players on the team, but playing on a dumpster fire team like Detroit or...well, Detroit, there could be some value there. Yzerman keeps taking chances on past high draft picks (Erne, Fabbri, and Perlini specifically), so I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit take a stab at Jost or Kamenev.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't know if it'll happen at the trade deadline, but at some point before now and next trading camp I expect Sakic to jettison some of these RFA's in a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 trade, possibly for another upcoming RFA.

You have to imagine one of Graves or Zadorov will be moved, as Byram and Timmins will at the very least challenge for NHL jobs next training camp. And while I fully expect Burakovsky and Nichuskin to be in the team's plans for next season, I can't say the same for Jost and Kamenev.

They're obviously two of the weakest players on the team, but playing on a dumpster fire team like Detroit or...well, Detroit, there could be some value there. Yzerman keeps taking chances on past high draft picks (Erne, Fabbri, and Perlini specifically), so I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit take a stab at Jost or Kamenev.

It will be Zadorov.

He'll be asking for twice as much money as Graves while quite frankly being the inferior player most of the time.

Zads will be moved this summer, likely at the draft as a way to recuperate some of the lost picks for the draft.

Right now we have 1 first round pick, no 2nd, and one 3rd rounder. There's probably a decent chance we move our 1st round pick, and possibly our 3rd round pick as well come deadline time. So we could be looking at having no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounder at the draft.

Zads will bring back a 2nd. And I wonder if Jost isn't used to bring back a 2nd or 3rd rounder as well.

Reactions: shadow1

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It will be Zadorov.

He'll be asking for twice as much money as Graves while quite frankly being the inferior player most of the time.

Zads will be moved this summer, likely at the draft as a way to recuperate some of the lost picks for the draft.

Right now we have 1 first round pick, no 2nd, and one 3rd rounder. There's probably a decent chance we move our 1st round pick, and possibly our 3rd round pick as well come deadline time. So we could be looking at having no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounder at the draft.

Zads will bring back a 2nd. And I wonder if Jost isn't used to bring back a 2nd or 3rd rounder as well.
I seriously doubt Jost moves the needle for anyone.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
1st, possibly Timmins and a roster player or another prospect. I dont think the Kings would be interested in EJ. They're in rebuilding process and would ask for picks and prospects or younger player from the roster

I think you hit it on the head there regarding your first question. I was presuming that the Avs would probably give up Timmins in the trade, along with SOME combo of Jost, Kaut, and pick(s)

EJ has to go if Doughty comes in. Maybe not this year...and maybe even not next year......but the Avs cannot afford to have EJ and Doughty on one roster I don't think long term...and EJ has SOME value atm. Maybe you move him elsewhere in the offseason....but even if LA is rebuilding, they need someone to play D right now as to not break prospects on D. EJ fits that and saves the team a ton of money compared to Doughty.

Avs:
Doughty

Kings:
EJ
Jost
Timmins
Conditional 2nd Round Pick 2020 (Conditional to 1st round pick 2020 if Avs reach WCF)

Maybe it could be made to keep them both and then ship out EJ this summer or next season, but??

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not interested. I know Timmins is entirely untested in the NHL and might never become more than a 3-6 d-man...but I would NOT use him to get an aging Doughty...and while I love Drew as a player and person, I just don't trust his contract holding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad