Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion 5th Ed. | Pre-Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Is Martinez a good defensive defenceman? Eats a lot of minutes. Hes my pick of who we aquire at TDL. Not that a want it, just a hunch.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
This is me speculating, but if Sharks decide to go for a rebuild I would throw the farm at Tomas Hertl. To me, he would be someone that should be considered greater than Hall and a perfect fit for what Sakic is trying to build here.

He's making 5.625 million for the next two seasons (not including this one), would probably demand a similar return that Kadri got.

We can shoot 2 birds with one stone. We can trade for Hertl and then sign Hall in the summer.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So you wouldn't take Matthews on the Avs just because he had that off ice incident not long ago?

Don't try to compare some really dumb shit Matthews did while drunk and out with his friends to what either Kane or Voynov have done. Pulling down your pants to moon a security guard with your underwear still on does not even come close to sexually and/or physically assaulting women.

That said, it was an enormously dumb thing to do, and the next dumb thing he did was not tell his bosses later. It most definitely cost him the captaincy of the Leafs, and probably should have cost him a few games. But no, I don't think this is such an egregious act that I'd not want him on the Avs. I'd take him. And as I said before, I'd take O'Reilly too...and I don't like that guy.

You're trying to paint all misdeeds with the same brush, and that's more than a little lazy.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This is me speculating, but if Sharks decide to go for a rebuild I would throw the farm at Tomas Hertl. To me, he would be someone that should be considered greater than Hall and a perfect fit for what Sakic is trying to build here.

He's making 5.625 million for the next two seasons (not including this one), would probably demand a similar return that Kadri got.

I think Henchy alluded to it before, they're not going to get rid of Meier or Hertl until they're certain this core can't get it done. They're not pulling the plug after one horrendous season. I mean...they can't really do so.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Don't know why the Sharks would trade a core player in his mid 20's, that just doesn't make sense. If they were to trade players to shake things up they'd trade either the old guys or the young ones, not those in the middle. That'd leave a team with no direction and only Fenton is dumb enough to do that.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Don't know why the Sharks would trade a core player in his mid 20's, that just doesn't make sense. If they were to trade players to shake things up they'd trade either the old guys or the young ones, not those in the middle. That'd leave a team with no direction and only Fenton is dumb enough to do that.

And even Fenton might have been a tad smarter than we all gave him credit for--the Fiala trade is looking good for Minnesota right now.

But yeah, if SJ pulls the plug (and they have to be making plans to do so soon) they'll be shopping around M. Karlsson, Dillon, and possibly Labanc. They may ask Marleau and Thornton if they want one last shot at a postseason run, but I'm guessing they finish their careers in SJ and retire.

Come offseason time, I guess the two biggest questions will be whether or not to name Boughner head coach (I'm guessing not) and just what to do with Martin Jones. They have a modest amount of cap room, but it's possible they just fill in whatever holes they can with youngsters and see what happens. But I just don't see a big blowup happening anytime soon.

I'm honestly dying to see how things go with Merkley in the NHL. He's either gonna be a phenom or a one-man reality show. Either way it should be entertaining.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Don't try to compare some really dumb **** Matthews did while drunk and out with his friends to what either Kane or Voynov have done. Pulling down your pants to moon a security guard with your underwear still on does not even come close to sexually and/or physically assaulting women.

That said, it was an enormously dumb thing to do, and the next dumb thing he did was not tell his bosses later. It most definitely cost him the captaincy of the Leafs, and probably should have cost him a few games. But no, I don't think this is such an egregious act that I'd not want him on the Avs. I'd take him. And as I said before, I'd take O'Reilly too...and I don't like that guy.

You're trying to paint all misdeeds with the same brush, and that's more than a little lazy.
Well, Roy was accused of beating his wife, Varly was accused of beating his gf, dont remember Roy's case but Varly's charges were dropped. E. Kane's charges were dropped for that bar fight and the sexual assault charges as well. This things happen to pro athletes all the time, and most of the time it's people trying to get money from this rich athletes by falsely accusing them

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well, Roy was accused of beating his wife, Varly was accused of beating his gf, dont remember Roy's case but Varly's charges were dropped. E. Kane's charges were dropped for that bar fight and the sexual assault charges as well. This things happen to pro athletes all the time, and most of the time it's people trying to get money from this rich athletes by falsely accusing them
Roy was accused to beating up a door and his wife called 911. That's not quite the same as "beating his wife" is it?

Kane's actions in that bar were caught on video, there's no room for "false accusations" here. In fact, all of Evander Kane's things are easily provable. There's no maybe unlike most others.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Patrick Kane is a winner. He might be a shit person. I don’t know. We can speculate all we want. Whether he is or not history shows that it’s done nothing to affect team success. He’s not a Duchene morale downer. He’s carried NHL teams to Stanley Cups. Every teammate goes out of their way to explain how much they love him. Fans being so picky to not want a winner on their roster when his actual peers love him and win with him is just comical.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Kevin Labanc was mentioned and is an interesting option from San Jose - he took a nice discount contract to stay with a competitive team, and that's fully backfired on him and it shows in his numbers. He's a good middle 6 talent and wouldn't be hugely expensive for us to retain, but not sure what the Sharks would be looking for in return

That said I hate how his last name is pronounced and Moser would just have a field day with that

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Roy was accused to beating up a door and his wife called 911. That's not quite the same as "beating his wife" is it?

Kane's actions in that bar were caught on video, there's no room for "false accusations" here. In fact, all of Evander Kane's things are easily provable. There's no maybe unlike most others.
When I said falsely accused, I was referring to the sexual assault charges. Those happen to pro athletes all the time when the accusers just trying to get money from the rich. Happened to P. Kane, happened to Kobe Bryant etc...Is bar fight really that big of a deal?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
When I said falsely accused, I was referring to the sexual assault charges. Those happen to pro athletes all the time when the accusers just trying to get money from the rich. Happened to P. Kane, happened to Kobe Bryant etc...Is bar fight really that big of a deal?
He bullied the accuser into a settlement. It certainly false short of him being proven innocent.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He bullied the accuser into a settlement. It certainly false short of him being proven innocent.
The fact is no one really knows what happens in cases like those. Common sense tells me that people like Kane or Bryant are super rich, why would they need to sexually assault anyone? Where some regular people who need money, will do anything to get paid, and it's easy for them to just falsely accuse this athletes for sexual assault after they willingly sleep with them.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
The fact is no one really knows what happens in cases like those. Common sense tells me that people like Kane or Bryant are super rich, why would they need to sexually assault anyone? Where some regular people who need money, will do anything to get paid, and it's easy for them to just falsely accuse this athletes for sexual assault after they willingly sleep with them.

Ehh... there are a lot more dynamics to it than that, and this is coming from the guy that basically everyone disagreed with earlier in the thread.

I don't overly buy the whole "he was in a position of power over me so I couldn't make an adult decision and now regret it" excuse, but when men have unlimited access to money and resources, these cases that get thrown out of court often don't AT ALL mean the man is innocent. Often times the woman is drained via legal fees and just wants the situation to be over so she can move on with her life. Why do men in these positions act poorly? Because they can.

Just like you can't blanketly believe people because of their gender, you can't automatically decry them as gold diggers either. These situations are not easy for women to bring up in the public eye. False accusations do happen, but to presume that a woman would lie for money is equally cruel.

Reactions: cgf

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
How thick do you need to be to assume the best of someone simply because they have money? Then to defend that stance like it’s the logical, sensible one, and to seemingly honestly believe that it is.

The whole Trump situation just made more sense to me for the first time.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ehh... there are a lot more dynamics to it than that, and this is coming from the guy that basically everyone disagreed with earlier in the thread.

I don't overly buy the whole "he was in a position of power over me so I couldn't make an adult decision and now regret it" excuse, but when men have unlimited access to money and resources, these cases that get thrown out of court often don't AT ALL mean the man is innocent. Often times the woman is drained via legal fees and just wants the situation to be over so she can move on with her life. Why do men in these positions act poorly? Because they can.

Just like you can't blanketly believe people because of their gender, you can't automatically decry them as gold diggers either. These situations are not easy for women to bring up in the public eye. False accusations do happen, but to presume that a woman would lie for money is equally cruel.
Like I said, I cant say who's right or wrong in cases like those, I just go with common sense and how often this things happen, and how most people would do anything for money

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Like I said, I cant say who's right or wrong in cases like those, I just go with common sense and how often this things happen, and how most people would do anything for money

You may not be able to say who's right or wrong, but your responses show us what you ASSUME, and assumptions are very dangerous when facts are relevant.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC

giphy.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You may not be able to say who's right or wrong, but your responses show us what you ASSUME, and assumptions are very dangerous when facts are relevant.
Well most of this cases get dismissed, so take that for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad