Prospect Info: 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List - #9

Who is the #9 Prospect in the Blues Prospect Pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
2-3 years ago I’d go back and forth between Dunn and Walman on which I considered to be our best prospect so clearly I used to think very highly of Walman. Oops.

Walman was a beast in college. I couldn’t ever find good TOI stats for the NCAA but he seemed to play at least half of each game and played in all situations. Would normally play the left side but would be double shifted a lot and then be sent out there for an extra shift on the right side as well. He played this aggressive style that worked well for him.

But it’s sure not working in the AHL. From what I’ve seen, his D, positioning and reads are bad and his offense has evaporated too. He seems tentative and will then get aggressive but instead of it working like it did in college, he’s getting consistently burned.

I’ve got him ranked as our 18th best prospect now. Unless he makes huge strides this season, he’s in the bust category unfortunately IMO. This is the last year of his ELC so he’s going to have to give the Blues a reason to want to re-sign him.
At the beginning of the year I attended a couple Rampage games. At the time I thought Walman looked like the best player on the ice. The game got more exciting when he had the puck.

I was surprised with how the season went for him. I could see him succeeding with a solid stay at home partner, if his offense was worth that. But it seems like he’s gotten easy to defend.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Fitzpatrick. There are so many question marks around all the skaters at his point, that my criteria changes to highest upside. It is a crap shoot from here on in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad