Prospect Info: 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List - #17

Who is the #17 Prospect in the Blues Prospect Pool?

• Filip Helt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanner Kaspick

• Nikolaj Krag

• Jeremy Michel

• Vadim Zherenko

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Top 20 Blues Prospect List:
1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%
10) Evan Fitzpatrick - 21.6%
11) Erik Foley - 53.7% (tiebreaker)
12) Colten Ellis - 35.9%
13) Mathias Laferriere - 44.4%
14) Tyler Tucker - 32.5%
15) Austin Poganski - 29.8%
16) Keean Washkurak - 48.5%

Washkurak takes the #16 spot in a fairly demanding fashion. Aggression and tenacity are the two things that separates him from the pack. If he can develop a better scoring touch and continues to learn the game at a faster level, he could become quite the entertaining player to watch. Seems like a fan favorite type who will give 101% whenever he can. Hopefully he shoots up this board to join Laferriere and Tucker as promising late round grabs.

Unto #17, where I'm still stinking with McGing, but him and Walman are basically right next to each other for me.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I want to vote for Walman but I just can’t after seeing him try to play D last season. It was so sad and frustrating to watch.

We’re into slim pickings now but probably a tossup between Stevens and Joshua for me.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Hofer seems way underrated here. Every reason to think he is as good or better prospect than Fitz or Ellis.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Going with Hofer aswell. Highest upside of all available players

Hofer > Stevens > McGing > Walman

The other players are complete unknowns (Michel, Zherenko) or players with AHL upside max.

EDIT: bit surprised a lot of people are voting for McGing. I know it's just statwatching but Nolan Stevens had way better NCAA-numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Going with Hofer aswell. Highest upside of all available players

Hofer > Stevens > McGing > Walman

The other players are complete unknowns (Michel, Zherenko) or players with AHL upside max.

EDIT: bit surprised a lot of people are voting for McGing. I know it's just statwatching but Nolan Stevens had way better NCAA-numbers.
Stevens was also playing with vastly more offensive talent. Dylan Sikura, Adam Gaudette, and Jeremy Davies were with him for at least two years during his time in North Eastern.

That isn't meant to be an insult to Stevens, because he did play quite well. Just stating that stat watching between the two might need more context than just raw data.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Walman. Despite his regression, I still think he has best chance among the remaining prospects to make the NH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad