Prospect Info: 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List - #16

Who is the #16 Prospect in the Blues Prospect Pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Top 20 Blues Prospect List:
1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%
10) Evan Fitzpatrick - 21.6%
11) Erik Foley - 53.7% (tiebreaker)
12) Colten Ellis - 35.9%
13) Mathias Laferriere - 44.4%
14) Tyler Tucker - 32.5%
15) Austin Poganski - 29.8%

Well it looked like every vote counted last poll, because Poganski squeaks out the victory over Walman by one vote. Not much really needs be said about Poganski. He might not have a high ceiling, but this far down the list, having an NHL floor might be the more important attribute. Poganski certainly has the professional ability if he continues where he left off last year. Hopefully he can follow in MacEachern's footsteps to becoming a solid contributor in the bottom-6 for the foreseeable future.

We now move on to #16 in the list. At this point, it's between McGing, Walman, and Hofer for me. I've always had a soft spot for Walman because of his Shattenkirk-like shot and his skating is impressive. McGing is not talked about enough, and I don't really know why. He's played quite well for his college team, and has been relied upon heavily for all situations. Hofer is a nice positional goalie that will fit in well into the Blues system if he makes it that far. I think I'll go with McGing because of his all-around game that can translate well into the bottom-6 with an outside shot of a middle-6 ability.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’ll stick with Washkurak. I just like his combo of strengths and attributes.

Not that this particular scout/scouting service is smarter/better than the others but I’ll repost that Mark Seidel, head of NACS Scouting really really likes Washkurak. Had him ranked well ahead of Alexandrov in June's draft for example.

NA Central Scouting
@MarkSeidel

DT: St. Louis - Grade B - 3 of 5 were on our Top 170 Favorite Pick: Keean Washkurak; Mississauga – The best value pick in the draft & it isn’t close. This kid will find a way & will make every team better. Tough, character, sneaky IQ that never cheats on the ice. I love him.

Had him rated as an early 2nd round grade - 38th overall on his list:
https://thepuckauthority.com/wp-con...NACS-2019-NHL-Draft-List-FINAL-RANKINGS-2.pdf

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Hofer or Washkurak. Lets try Washkurak this time. One of the youngest players of last years draft. Probably going to see his icetime increased on the Steelheads, so I'm hoping we will see a bump in his stats and he will be at least a PPG player in the OHL.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Washkurak again. I love this kid! If I had seen his highlights and interview videos earlier, I would have voted for him much earlier. As Beauterham astutely noted, he was drafted very young. I hope he can add a couple of inches in height in the next year or two, but of course this is far from necessary. EliteProspects has him listed as 178 lbs, which is solid for 5'10", but another 10 lbs in muscle wouldn't hurt. I am looking forward to his next season in junior. I will be keeping an eye on him!

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Washkurak again. I love this kid! If I had seen his highlights and interview videos earlier, I would have voted for him much earlier. As Beauterham astutely noted, he was drafted very young. I hope he can add a couple of inches in height in the next year or two, but of course this is far from necessary. EliteProspects has him listed as 178 lbs, which is solid for 5'10", but another 10 lbs in muscle wouldn't hurt. I am looking forward to his next season in junior. I will be keeping an eye on him!

Most sites have him at 5’10” as that’s likely where he was at the beginning of last season but pretty sure he measured in at 5’11” at the combine. He’s not big but he doesn’t appear to be overly undersized to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad