Prospect Info: 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List - #15

Who is the #15 Prospect in the Blues Prospect Pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Top 20 Blues Prospect List:
1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%
10) Evan Fitzpatrick - 21.6%
11) Erik Foley - 53.7% (tiebreaker)
12) Colten Ellis - 35.9%
13) Mathias Laferriere - 44.4%
14) Tyler Tucker - 32.5%

Tyler Tucker takes the #14 spot following his impressive season in Barrie. He quickly became the #1 defenseman on his junior team, and ended up 2nd on his team in points only trailing Ryan Suzuki. What I find most impressive is how quickly his mobility has improved to for him to become such a reliable player. He's had good physical attributes, and if he keeps this pace up, the Blues might have a real steal of player. Not much more you can ask from a 7th rounder.

Next up, the #15 spot is up for grabs.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Went with Poganski this time. Unexpectedly had a really good season with the Rampage. Hopefully he can continue on the same path. If so, he could be a bottom 6 NHL-winger someday.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I went Nolan Stevens, though without much conviction. Numbers weren't great last year in the AHL, but I always came away impressed with him from prospect camps and with his dad being and NHL coach I think it's reasonable to assume he has a sound hockey mind and can make big improvements year to year. Poganski had a much better year in the AHL and is probably the more logical pick, quite honestly. I just have an affinity for Stevens.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
If anybody has a chance to play for the big club in a regular role at this point in the list, it’s Poganski and Hofer. Poganski is in the Barbashev/Sundqvist mold where he’s more valuable to you in a smash-mouth, 4th line defensive role, but with the drive and skill to do more than just knock people into the boards. He’s better than MacEachern. Basically, think of him as Kostin-lite, with more commitment to the 200-foot game. We actually hope that Kostin develops his game into a Poganski style of play, because adding Kostin’s pure skill to that package is what gives him the upside to do more than just 4th line duty. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pogs make it first, between the two of them. With a bit of stability this year, it will be exciting to watch what he, Joshua, and Stevens do in San Antonio.

As far as organizational depth goes, our strength is in bottom-6 players, which is fine, because I’d rather have a bunch of guys in that area working hard to make it than several top-6 skill players that we don’t have room for rotting on the vine.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Going with Washkurak. All out effort, tough as nails, great forechecker with deceptive skill. I think he goes a bit over a pt/game in the OHL this season. Reminds me of Sobotka (pre-KHL little ball of hate Sobotka not post-KHL too good to hit anybody Sobotka).

Poganski is a safer bet but he’s also 5.5 years older than Washkurak. He SHOULD be a safer bet/more projectable. But I see Poganski as the type of guy a team can find on the waiver wire for free so I’ll go with Washkurak’s potential to be a higher impact bottom-6 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad