Prospect Info: 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List - #13

Who is the #13 Prospect in the Blues Prospect Pool?

• Filip Helt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dakota Joshua

• Tanner Kaspick

• Nikolaj Krag

• Jeremy Michel

• Evan Polei

• Nolan Stevens

• Vadim Zherenko

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Top 20 Blues Prospect List:
1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%
10) Evan Fitzpatrick - 21.6%
11) Erik Foley - 53.7% (tiebreaker)
12) Colten Ellis - 35.9%

Colten Ellis takes the number 12 spot. Goalies are always a crapshoot, but with Husso, Fitzy, Ellis, and Hofer in the system, the Blues are building their net quite nicely. Ellis had two very good seasons with the Oceanic, and he looks to have top end starter potential if everything goes well. A very solid prospect, for sure, that might move up the rankings as soon as the middle of the season. But now, onto lucky number 13.

The votes have been dwindling, which is to be expected, but hopefully we all can last until number 20. As I did for number 12, Poganski gets my vote here.

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Pfff... this is a hard one. We've reached a point where there are a couple of guys in 'kinda' the same tier for me. Poganski, Washkurak, Tucker, Laferriere, Hofer... I think I'll go with Hofer.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Tucker. I like his style of play, and I think we need more of that from our defense prospects.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I hope Walman can be like the defense version of Binnington. Guy who looked good early, struggled (I know Binny didn’t really struggle, but follow me here) and then turns out to be a late bloomer.

As someone who doesn’t watch any AHL games, was he THAT bad last year?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I hope Walman can be like the defense version of Binnington. Guy who looked good early, struggled (I know Binny didn’t really struggle, but follow me here) and then turns out to be a late bloomer.

@RampageNate has posted that Walman was fun to watch, can skate really well, but is a mess in his own zone.

Basically inconsistent and seemingly lost.

Nate?

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

In my limited viewings, I thought he looked like the best player on the ice in terms of controlling the puck and grabbing your attention when it was his shift. But the opponents seemed to be able to score goals just as easily.

It’s possible he’s one of those guys who will look better when playing with more skilled teammates, but I doubt it’s that simple.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
In my limited viewings, I thought he looked like the best player on the ice in terms of controlling the puck and grabbing your attention when it was his shift. But the opponents seemed to be able to score goals just as easily.

It’s possible he’s one of those guys who will look better when playing with more skilled teammates, but I doubt it’s that simple.
Yeah, I just think he plays a very aggressive game and what worked in college he isn't able to get away with in the AHL. He is a converted forward and a lot of the time it looks like he is still trying to play up there, at least in my limited viewings.

But I think the talent is there, maybe playing in a strong defensive system like the Blues could cover some of his deficiencies. But then again, how many of those types of players can you have on your D before your team defense goes to shit?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Laferriere has almost triple the votes of the next closest contender?

throw-the-damn-towel-gif-4.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad